What's new

Is India one people?

Frustrated? LOL , I am putting you rats in your place and showing your true worth.

You would have more respect if you called your country as Bharat and introduce yourself as bharatis all over the world. LOL.

You changed your cities names , called bombay "Mumbai" , Calcutta to "Kolkata" , yet your bloody country is still "India". :sarcastic:
As I mentioned, you can call us Hindustanis/Bharatiya if you don't like the word 'India'. No one is stopping you. And the term 'India' was used much before the Britishers to denote the people living here. It's just that the Britishers adopted that name to refer to people of present day India, Pakistan, BD, etc.

Our identity is built or destroyed based on our work and not merely by how fancy our name is. We decided to continue with 'India' for outsiders as that was the most convenient thing. It is not an abuse word that we necessarily had to change. British did many things. Some of them were undesirable, some ok, some desirable. The name comes in the 'ok' category.
We did not reject the indegenous name 'Bharat' or the one given to us by the Persians 'Hindustan'.. You may call us whatever pleases you - India, Bharat, Hindustan.

Other nations around us changed their name. Thats their choice. We are not bound to follow them.

I will call it BS tbh. All nations are remembered by their identification, which is their name. You cant be Tom, dick and harry all at the same time.

That is exactly what I am saying, You are too obsessed about foreigners and their opinions. A typical mental slavery trait.

As for not an abusive name.

D8sJwclU0AEiCS4.jpg

Its not for the world to call you what they want, its what you , yourself choose to be called. On lower domestic level, you do have changed the colonial names of your cities. Bombay is now Mumbai. Yet still hanging on with name India!

Its just some of you were showing the audacity to question the name of Pakistan.
We get ample respect from the world. We are not hungry for respect from Pakistanis, who themselves dont get much respect anywhere.

Respect to India? lol. You are funny.

As I mentioned, you can call us Hindustanis/Bharatiya if you don't like the word 'India'. No one is stopping you. And the term 'India' was used much before the Britishers to denote the people living here. It's just that the Britishers adopted that name to refer to people of present day India, Pakistan, BD, etc.
Thats correct. European explorers wanted to discover a sea route to this land which they called 'India' (which was derived from Sindhu --> Hindu --> Indi --> India)
When these explorers reached North America and they thought they have reached India, they started calling the natives there Indians. Similarly, 'West Indies' is named thus.
Even the ocean below India is named "Indian Ocean". South east Asia is termed as Indo-China.
Why should we change our name and lose all this legacy.

We care less to what you call yourself, you may want to renamed as "pet dogs of queen victoria" (Even though she is 10 feet underground) , no one will give monkies here in Pakistan.

Just dont show the audacity to question the name we choose for our country Pakistan which started all this debate.

And yes, India was a name given by foreign powers, nothing is indigenous about it, just like Bombay and Calcutta.

I will call it BS tbh. All nations are remembered by their identification, which is their name. You cant be Tom, dick and harry all at the same time.

That is exactly what I am saying, You are too obsessed about foreigners and their opinions. A typical mental slavery trait.

As for not an abusive name.

Its not for the world to call you what they want, its what you , yourself choose to be called. On lower domestic level, you do have changed the colonial names of your cities. Bombay is now Mumbai. Yet still hanging on with name India!

Its just some of you were showing the audacity to question the name of Pakistan.

Respect to India? lol. You are funny.
If you feel that we are having slave mentality by keeping the name 'India', then should it not make you guys happy? Why are you pleading with us to change it. In fact, Jinnah protested that we change our name to 'Bharat' or 'Hindustan' and was furious when Congress rejected that suggestion.

Who has questioned your name 'Pakistan'. And if some Indian questioned, are you going to change your name basis that? No. The same applies to us.

At a personal level, I feel all this name changing is just for political gains of local politicians. Nothing was achieved by changing Bombay to Mumbai, Calcutta to Kolkata, Madras to Chennai and so on. In fact, a lot of needless expense went in changing the name in all official documents, sign boards etc.

We care less to what you call yourself, you may want to renamed as "pet dogs of queen victoria" (Even though she is 10 feet underground) , no one will give monkies here in Pakistan.
Glad to know.
Just dont show the audacity to question the name we choose for our country Pakistan which started all this debate.
Who questioned the name of Pakistan? It's a good name for you guys, be proud about it just like we are proud about our name.
And yes, India was a name given by foreign powers, nothing is indigenous about it, just like Bombay and Calcutta.
Umm..your own name isn't indigenous to your land. Ab kya karenge?

We get ample respect from the world. We are not hungry for respect from Pakistanis, who themselves dont get much respect anywhere.

Singapore is a city-state. How much of it is replicable in medium or large sized nations is debatable.
I think American model is the most impressive as it is the most diverse country in any respect.
Good point. A nation of migrants welded into one country under the banner of "freedom". That proves you don't elaborate myths.
Umm..your own name isn't indigenous to your land.
Actually the name is the only thing that makes sense. It is a acronym of the five generic pieces that make Pakistan.

1616785472119.png

If you feel that we are having slave mentality by keeping the name 'India', then should it not make you guys happy? Why are you pleading with us to change it. In fact, Jinnah protested that we change our name to 'Bharat' or 'Hindustan' and was furious when Congress rejected that suggestion.

Who has questioned your name 'Pakistan'. And if some Indian questioned, are you going to change your name basis that? No. The same applies to us.

At a personal level, I feel all this name changing is just for political gains of local politicians. Nothing was achieved by changing Bombay to Mumbai, Calcutta to Kolkata, Madras to Chennai and so on. In fact, a lot of needless expense went in changing the name in all official documents, sign boards etc.

LOL, you Indians go dramatic quickly when cornered.

Ofcourse we want you to hang on your colonial past and remain proud of it. We laugh about it.

So if you want to indulge in a debate, read the whole thread. Some rat was trying to come across as smarty pants, questioning the name Pakistan given our country. That is where the debate started. You Indians have to be put in your place regardless.

Your personal opinion doesnt matter. I am just laying down some facts.
Who questioned the name of Pakistan? It's a good name for you guys, be proud about it just like we are proud about our name.

Read the whole thread before having an itch to reply.

Umm..your own name isn't indigenous to your land. Ab kya karenge?

?? There is no other Pakistan but Pakistan. There was India, with no dogs or Indians signposts, and still is.

LOL, you Indians go dramatic quickly when cornered.

Ofcourse we want you to hang on your colonial past and remain proud of it. We laugh about it.

So if you want to indulge in a debate, read the whole thread. Some rat was trying to come across as smarty pants, questioning the name Pakistan given our country. That is where the debate started. You Indians have to be put in your place regardless.

Your personal opinion doesnt matter. I am just laying down some facts.
No one is being dramatic. You are the one wasting your breath trying to prove how our name should not be 'India'. Be happy with your name 'Pakistan'. I am not questioning it. If someone does, just dont care, as we dont care about you questioning our name.

Actually the name is the only thing that makes sense. It is a acronym of the five generic pieces that make Pakistan.

View attachment 728509
Is this explanation created post 1971?
If not, why did you guys leave East Pakistan area from your name. Did East Pakistanis not object to this name which seemingly excludes their province?

No one is being dramatic. You are the one wasting your breath trying to prove how our name should not be 'India'. Be happy with your name 'Pakistan'. I am not questioning it. If someone does, just dont care, as we dont care about you questioning our name.

Dont waste my time "Indian". If you have an itch to get involved in discussion without reading the thread history, you will get battered. Now jog on .

Dont waste my time "Indian". If you have an itch to get involved in discussion without reading the thread history, you will get battered. Now jog on .
Clearly civility doesn't come naturally to you :-) . This is an online forum, don't take things too personally is what I would suggest.

I dont own the responsibility of reading an entire thread before responding to some idiotic post. You are clearly battered and need to rest and recuperate.

Back
Top Bottom