What's new

Is India Building Thermonuclear Weapons?

Bhai log what is the difference between thermonuclear bomb and normal nuclear bomb ?

The bomb used on Hiroshima was a fission bomb, with a blast yield of 16 kilotons.

In comparison, a modern Chinese thermonuclear warhead is about 4 megatons, i.e. a blast yield of 4000 kilotons.

The bomb used on Hiroshima was a fission bomb, with a blast yield of 16 kilotons.

In comparison, a modern Chinese thermonuclear warhead is about 4 megatons, i.e. a blast yield of 4000 kilotons.

I was sure that some chinese will certainly pop up on the thread with information of Chinese bomb.

you are well come.

Time to develop sub kiloton neutron bombs.

We already have based on U233.

What about the Indian scientist who claimed it was not success? He was an eminent scientist.
He was a sour scientist who has political ambitions. as for being Eminent he was nothing to do with project .The project director And our former president Apj abdul kalaam Confirmed the all the perameter of the smiling budha Program was met specialy TN test.And after every passing years programs were modified and upgraded.

He was a sour scientist who has political ambitions. as for being Eminent he was nothing to do with project .The project director And our former president Apj abdul kalaam Confirmed the all the perameter of the smiling budha Program was met specialy TN test.And after every passing years programs were modified and upgraded.

Mr santhanam was related with intelligence and less with pure nuclear physic. Two prominent scientist (BARC Directors) have said that the bomb was a success. He is basically a doctorate in biochemistry.

Last edited:
Time to develop sub kiloton neutron bombs.

probably already developed.remember the sub kiloton "devices" exploded in Pokhran??also,one way to get the hint is that Akash was developed to carry "Nuclear Bomb"(Neutrino Bomb) to destroy any aircraft or missile using flux.plus,making Neutrino bomb is not that much hard when you possess so much knowledge on Nuclear Science.my guess is,it was Shakti-IV,.5 KT yield,just like USA's W-66 Neutrino bomb(possibly,it was more powerful) while Akash would play the role of Sprint Missile.if you compare this device with W-66,W-66 weighs some 70 kg,so,Shakti-IV will be within 50 Kg(similar level of miniaturization),well within Akash's payload carrying capability.

ndia has H-bomb capability of upto 200KT: Kakodkar news

dots_at_narrow.gif

Mumbai: In yet another attempt to mute a flaring controversy, Atomic Energy Commission chairman Anil Kakodkar today affirmed that the 1998 test was not only successful but also enables Indian scientists to build H-bombs with an explosive power of upto 200 kilotons.

nuclear_domain-b.jpg

This photo, released by the Government of India on 17 May 1998, shows the Pokhran-II test site after a nuclear device was detonated underground on 11 May.
"Once again I would like to re-emphasise that the 1998 nuclear tests were fully successful. We had achieved all the objectives in toto.

"It has given us the capability to build deterrence based on both fission and thermonuclear weapon systems from modest to all the way upto 200 kilotons," Kakodkar said, addressing a press conference here.

Kakodkar termed as "unnecessary" the controversy over the Pokhran-II nuclear tests.

The controversy flared upon claims by senior ex-defence scientist K Santhanam, who was the co-ordinator for the Pokhran-II tests, that though the fission tests – i.e. atom bomb – test had worked like a ''song,'' the fusion or the hydrogen bomb test was a failure.
Addressing a press conference in Mumbai along with the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Union government, R Chidambaram, Kakodkar said the Pokharan-II nuclear tests provided India the capability to build deterrence in both the fission and fusion categories.

Earlier, on 15 September, in a signed statement, atomic energy secretary K Muralidhar also ruled out the claims and stated that ''the thermonuclear test had to be kept at 45 KT in order to protect the nearby Khetorai village from the combined yield of the thermonuclear and fission test.''

Don't we already have it?

I mean which idiotic country would possess the tech and not learn to use it or develop on it further? There are a lot of things going on in the military that civilians will never know of. Just like Arihant was a whisper until its launch.

Back
Top Bottom