What's new

Is India a country or a continent?

That would be true if the Aryans "colonized" present day Pakistan driving out its previous inhabitants. Who were its original inhabitants then? IVC existed before the Aryan migration through the Hindu Kush. So who inhabited Pakistan before the "colonization" by Aryans?

You mean Pakistans claim over the IVC is the same as the modern day americans, claiming the history of North America before the white man colonized it.

And as far as Indian claims go, India has a lot of the IVC cities as well. Lets not forget that.
So if at all its a shared history of the subcontinent. NOT ancestral history of either people living in the two modern day states

Sir, I beg to differ here.

We are not colonisers rather native to our land.

A Panjabi,Sindhi,Pashtun,Baloch,Khowar,Shina,Balti,Wakhi,Pamiri,Qazalbash,Hazara all have been living here for as long as we can remember.

If at all, a person from central india or so has no claim on a civilisation that never reached them.

At max you can consider them falling under the influence of such great civilisation.

Off course there are regions of modern day india which fell under IVC but so did parts of Afghanistan, shall they also claim IVC as a whole ?

Roman artefacts can be found in far off regions of middle east, do you think it would be wise for say a lebanese to claim Rome?

Sir, I beg to differ here.

We are not colonisers rather native to our land.

A Panjabi,Sindhi,Pashtun,Baloch,Khowar,Shina,Balti,Wakhi,Pamiri,Qazalbash,Hazara all have been living here for as long as we can remember.

If at all, a person from central india or so has no claim on a civilisation that never reached them.

At max you can consider them falling under the influence of such great civilisation.

Off course there are regions of modern day india which fell under IVC but so did parts of Afghanistan, shall they also claim IVC as a whole ?

@highlighted
And I clearly stated that its the shared history of the subcontinent. Not the ancestral history of either country.
Afghanistan included as the subcontinent here.

The tribes and races that live in current day Pakistan are an amalgamation of mixing with locals and invaders.
Can you or anyone else find any DNA that matches the IVC folks when you don't have samples of those that built the IVC? Do we even know what happened to them?
If you dont have this info, how can you derive lineage? Even for the tribes and people you mentioned?
Look at the argument I'm making, not the flags I represent.

No one is denying Pakistan their history, but to say that it is the exclusive domain of Pakistan or that one is stealing their history is utter BS.

Rajput warrior,
Aryans came to present day Pakistan around 2000-1500 BC. IVC existed before that. So who built IVC then? And who lived in those lands before the Aryans arrived?

we dont know what happened to them period! So where is the question of them being my ancestors or yours?
But if they are your ancestors, then prove it!
What similarities exist between those of IVC and modern day Pakistanis except that they shared the same land?
I'm all ears.

Yeah right. When we find some ancient fossil or tools anywhere in world no one says they aren't your ancestors. China's ancient people are Chinese's ancestors, France's ancient people are French people's ancestor, and no one seems to have a problem!

BUT ONLY in the case of Pakistan you say "we don't know what happened to them!" Shove that statement where sun don't shine!!

What similarities exist between those of IVC and modern day Pakistanis except that they shared the same land?

What similarities exist between a modern European and a Neolithic European guy?
I'm all ears!!

hint: only race!

Yeah right. When we find some ancient fossil or tools anywhere in world no one says they aren't your ancestors. China's ancient people are Chinese's ancestors, France's ancient people are French people's ancestor, and no one seems to have a problem!

BUT ONLY in the case of Pakistan you say "we don't know what happened to them!" Shove that statement where sun don't shine!!

Here is the definition of ancestors.

an·ces·tor
ˈanˌsestər/
noun
plural noun: ancestors
a person, typically one more remote than a grandparent, from whom one is descended.
"my ancestor Admiral Anson circumnavigated the globe 250 years ago"
synonyms: forebear, forefather, predecessor, antecedent, progenitor, primogenitor
"he could trace his ancestors back to colonial Boston"
  • an early type of animal or plant from which others have evolved.
  • an early version of a machine, system, etc.
    "this instrument is an ancestor of the lute"
Now please go ahead and show me with evidence that Pakistanis are the direct descendents of the IVC. I challenge you!

And dont get emotional. If you want to claim IVC heritage, go ahead, no one can stop you.
But dont expect us to just shut up and accept your false claims when no evidence exists to buttress your claims.

Rajput warrior,
Aryans came to present day Pakistan around 2000-1500 BC. IVC existed before that. So who built IVC then? And who lived in those lands before the Aryans arrived?

They are both our ancestors. The Aryans and the IVC.
IVC culture was destroyed by Aryans - but the people (a Caucasian stock) survived and the Aryan genes were assimilated into them.

Here is the definition of ancestors.

Stop claiming our ancestry!

Why can't you be proud of your Tamil ancestors?

IVC culture was destroyed by Aryans - but the people (a Caucasian stock) survived and the Aryan genes were assimilated into them.
I seriously doubt IVC people were Caucasian. For that they have to originate from the Caucasus or from some nearby Eastern European steppes. No such pre-Aryan migration to present day Pakistan has been recorded.

However present day Pakistanis are mostly Aryan peoples, with slight Dravidian admixture (For Sindhis, Punjabis). For Pashtuns and Kashmiris, Dravidian admixture is close to nil. Pure Aryans, which is why they look so close to Iranians, who never had interactions with Dravidian peoples.

Funny thing is Chinese claim all of East Asian history because of Sino-centric delusions of grandeur and Sinosphere

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinocentrism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_cultural_sphere

Which Japanese made very clear in WW2 how much they despise it and reject it.

We even had Chinese here claim Bhutan, because it has dragon on flag :lol:

All of this despite concept of a Chinese nation is as recent as 1912

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhonghua_minzu

Zhonghua minzu (Chinese: 中华民族), translated as "Chinese nation

Quoting a few unrelated links to serve your dim-witted trolling agenda.

China never claimed East Asian history, like India claim the entire Subcontinent.

East Asian culture sphere refers to common Confucian heritage and the use of Chinese writing system. Sinocentrism is stemmed from ancient China being the political and cultural center of East Asia. But these are all academic discourse in historical context. (If that was the reason for WW2, Japan would've ditch Chinese character in writing)

Zhonghua minzu refers nationality and minority policy, recognizing ethnic minority as equal citizen of the modern republic that succeeded the 2200 years old Chinese imperial system. Don't quote in Chinese if you can't understand.

Last edited:

Prove it. Where is the DNA match? Where is the DNA for the IVC folks?
For ancestry, you need lineage which you cannot match.
Like I said, I would be happy to learn something new. But you dont have anything to offer except concocted BS.

Stop claiming our ancestry!

First figure our your ancestry then we will talk.

Why can't you be proud of your Tamil ancestors?

Why would I be proud of Tamil Ancestry? I'm Marathi and Goan!
That would be like Pakistanis claiming ancestry of the IVC. Which is exactly the argument I'm making and asking you to avoid.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom