What's new

Is Gripen NG Fighter jets best choice for Pakistan Air Force?

annn....hannn....:cry:.that was my thread earlier and and people like sir murad wasnt there?why.?
i think we,v discused alot about Grippen earlier,and bottom line was American influation.
i think this thread should be closed,because this is the same thread that i made.:undecided:

The J-10 is nowhere in the same league as the F-22. It is at best an improved F-16. The Raptor will detect the J-10 long before the J-10 pilot is aware he has been targeted.

Read his whole statement again.

Gripen, F-16, Mirage 2K and J-10B are all suitable for the needs of the PAF ... question is which source is more dependable and cost ffectiveness when it comes to logistics and spares espicially during war time.

China beets all other competitors ... PAF will have more say in design and ToT plus more thrust means more fuel consumption and there are also higher maintenance costs associated with Gripen.

PAF has the money to buy these birds but maintaining these birds at a consisten level will impact other PAF projects.

IMO, PAF should focus on the following:

Continue with its plans for J-10B.

Push for the F-16 earlier delivery.

Try to work out a deal with UAE/Qatar for Mirage 2K.

Try to work out a deal with UAE/Qatar for Mirage 2K.
Why so many Pakistani members wants Mirage 2K from UAE/Qatar? JF 17 and J10 are also single engine fighter and more or less in the same class, new and maybe also cheaper.

Yes he does say the "generation AFTER the J-10"
Aahh...After...So that is what he meant...Still...What make anyone believe that US aviation developments will remain static with the F-22? Already the US is working on evolving the F-22, F-35 and B-2 into full active RCS manipulators, not merely passive RCS reducers as they are now. And that is not counting the next generation of 'stealth' aircrafts, manned and un-manned.

Ya USAF wont let F-22 production line die cuz they dont wana let many workers to loose jobs I heard in news that US is looking to export F-22 Ex to Japan after japan s consent to bear 1 BN USD for removing sensitive tec from airframe (some people also say that US is afraid of the son of zero; the "shin shin" so dont wana see japan going on with ATD-X)

Ya USAF wont let F-22 production line die cuz they dont wana let many workers to loose jobs I heard in news that US is looking to export F-22 Ex to Japan after japan s consent to bear 1 BN USD for removing sensitive tec from airframe (some people also say that US is afraid of the son of zero; the "shin shin" so dont wana see japan going on with ATD-X)

What about the norwegian deal! I don't think they have enough room to pay extra one billion for removing parts!
Perhaps those will be build without sensitive parts... from the begining.

BTW, US also have the habbit of not returning the money!!!!
And worst is next PM of Pakistan may writ off that money with small kickback to his personal account.

With China it is not possible to demand kickbacks.

Last edited:
at the same time pakistan have cleared they can not handle the technology that gripen offers.

Not this BS again please!!! Is Gripen some 5th gen. aircraft that Pakistan is being asked to build in house that we cannot handle the technology?

^^^^ and TATA has a CONTRACT WITH SAAB TO JONTLY DESIGN NXT GEN GRIPEN .......TATA's PRODUCE FUSELAGE(AS OF NOW) FOR GRIPEN... YOU GOT TO THINK TWICE!!!!

Only if MRCA goes SAAB's way.

Only if MRCA goes SAAB's way.

Saab has stated that ...the contract with TATA and TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) will continue irrespective of MRCA deal

"We will transfer technology and competencies to TCS, which will play a key role in the development of the next-generation Gripen and other products," Moller said ahead of the air show this week in Bangalore.

"The contract will continue irrespective of us getting the Indian order," the Saab vice president said.

Saab, Tata Team Up to Develop Fighter Jet - Defense News

PAF has rejected Gripen Before for some reasons and wont be buying them again.

Saab has stated that ...the contract with TATA and TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) will continue irrespective of MRCA deal

Also there was some news regarding tata and dassault collaboration

PARIS: Dassault Aviation and INCAT's parent company, Tata Technologies, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for ESO services. Under the terms of the MoU, INCAT, global leader in Engineering Services Outsourcing (ESO), will provide Dassault Aviation with engineering services in a number of critical domains, in support of the Indian Air Force MMRCA program, which involves significant offset requirements.

INCAT has been selected as a key offset partner for ESO delivery to help fulfill these offset requirements.

Utilizing INCAT's robust Global Delivery model, the services will be delivered largely from the recently established INCAT HAL Aerostructures Limited (IHAL) dedicated aerospace engineering services centre in Bangalore, India, and backed up by INCAT's delivery teams in France and the U.S.

The agreement is testament to INCAT's expertise in the aerospace market and its commitment to growing this capability in India as evidenced by the recent joint venture with HAL.

Eric Trappier, Executive Vice-President International of Dassault Aviation says: "It is essential to find partners with the right expertise and experience in both aerospace engineering and working in India. INCAT and Tata Technologies have proven credentials in both these areas." Lokesh Srivastava, CEO of IHAL, comments: "This MoU marks a significant milestone since the formation of IHAL and is a sure sign of e solid demand for our services."

Dassault, Tata Technologies pact on MMRCA project : Defense news

will we be seeing a TATA fighter soon?????:woot:

I'm always in the favour of JF-17 and J-10B. we must put our money to further improve these two platforms and try to be more independent from U.S. and western world. It's not quite possible now days but in future i mean atleast from the 2020 we must become self reliable, able to produce indegiously a state of the art fighter without western or russian engine's and avioincs but pakistani made mordern Aesa radars, avionics and engines!

Meanwhile we can still fill the gap with already under production JF-17, the up coming F-16's blk 52's and J-10 B's.

Back
Top Bottom