What's new

Is DJIBOUTI a safe country?

Be a man. If you need that money, be ready to let a few rounds whizz by you. It will build character in you, even though this country is not even all that much dangerous.

Djibouti is a cash-based economy and credit cards are not widely accepted. Automated teller machines (ATMs) are limited. Changing money on the street is legal, but be aware of possible scams as well as personal safety considerations if people observe you carrying large amounts of cash. The exchange rate on the street will be similar to that at a bank or hotel. It is important that the U.S. banknotes that you carry have a date of 2003 or newer because many currency exchanges will not accept U.S. paper money older than 2003.

Malaria and dengue fever are prevalent in Djibouti. Travelers who become ill with a fever or flu-like illness while traveling in a malaria-risk area and even up to one year after returning home should seek prompt medical attention, tell the physician their travel history, and let health care providers know what anti-malarial drugs they have been taking.

Beware of al shabab mafia....

I am working in the telecom sector, our company is the one and only successful telecom vendor in India, Djibouti telecom purchased many of our equipments. My job is to train them and have to be there for 2years to make them very familiar with the equipments and technology.

My colleagues got the same opportunity in US, Mexico... but i got in DJIBOUTI..:sad:

Matrix or coral telecom?

I remember when I first time got to go to South Africa people scared me in many ways but I loved that trip. Go ahead give it a chance.

Matrix or coral telecom?

I remember when I first time got to go to South Africa people scared me in many ways but I loved that trip. Go ahead give it a chance.

I dont know both the names, Our company is the one which won the CSIR award( considered as India's highest technology award) for the year.

I have already decided to take the chance, My mind is already set and it's too difficult to back down now.

I dont know both the names, Our company is the one which won the CSIR award( considered as India's highest technology award) for the year.

I have already decided to take the chance, My mind is already set and it's too difficult to back down now.

Good decision mate - all the best. Failed to mention that one of the links I posted is from the US state website where they provide travel advisory for a country - So it is up to date information.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.. DJIBOUTI Telecom's office is next to US military base,so the place will be very safe i guess. DJ telecom are going to arrange accommodation and car for transport, for the whole 2years. so i believe, it'll be safe.

Now i have to bag, to fly DJIBOUTI.

Good decision. Congratulations. Life is boring after all, without adventures. :D

i dont think ull face any problem there..africa has considerable indian diaspora..

Bro - where have you been within India?

India Tiger - mate - please share your experience in Djibouti.

Sadly nowhere :(

Thats why i am itching for adventures !! Want to live away from my comfort zone ie home for some time, so one can understand the toughness of life .

It is a very small country area wise as well as small Population ( less than a million ). It is an impoverished country next door to Somalia which means that if you have a good salary, you will live like a King because of low cost of living.

HI Indian Tiger, i am being posted in Djibouti from a telecom Vendor too. May be in Jan, how was your experience

Back
Top Bottom