What's new

Is Democracy The Way For Us?

Democracy in current form is a joke where 2 idiots, jahils voting for plate of bariyani or criminals voting from jail can given verdict against 1 law abiding citizen with working brain.
This is why I think voting should be a privilege and not a right. First there should be IQ tests so dumb idiots can't vote. I'm talking extremely dumb where their waist size is probably a higher number than their IQ score...like these idiots below
And this

Dumb idiots like that can only be harmful in democracy if given the power to vote. A person must have the mental capacity to understand the issues facing a country, the positions of candidates on those issues, the character of those candidates, etc. This would also help tackle the issue of ppl voting along ethnic lines and what not...bcuz if they are smart enough they can be convinced/reasoned with/educated to be more responsible as a voter.

Secondly the voting rights should be tied with filing taxes. A person must be a tax paying citizen in order to have the privilege to vote.

And democratic we should be! However, democracy has its flaws. My question is this: what steps must be taken to remedy a FAULTED democracy, where people are unaware (perhaps willfully so) of the principles which require implementation and the basis on which to elect a truly representative government?
What u r asking for is no easy task. It took humans thousands of years to figure out a way to limit power and introduce checks and balances. For a long time we were stuck with monarchy(or other similar forms of government) until the Age of Enlightenment. @WAJsal had a great thread for this...where I wrote about what I think plagues democracy at its core
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-system-by-wajsal.455694/page-11#post-8867958

With the first era of Enlightenment various concepts were introduced to limit power, introduce checks and balances taking into account the human nature and how power can corrupt. It didn't however solve the coupling of money and power that has gone hand in hand in every form of government. Basically we need Enlightenment 2.0 to figure out how to decouple money and power.

oh tension na lay nahi bethta c 130 main to na sahi kisi din buk ya manpad say ura dain gay is ka ATR. hum to is ki legacy amar kar rahey thay c 130 day kay but isay nahi chaey

BUK is classified, good idea lets use a weapon which is non existent .. at least we can deny it later :) and we can call him a shaheed and condemn it as hard we can :devil:

Democracy is a legitimate system of governance. Some people believe it is a haram concept but it is not.

We are new in democracy, it will take time to get fruits of democracy. Also 45% Pakistanis suffering stunted growth of brain. This is serious issue. We need to fight this and allocate much funds as we can in health & care sector.

Back
Top Bottom