What's new

Is cheating in exams a sin? Can it be considered haraam?

dravidianhero

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Today I was invigilating in a hall where 9Th and 10 th class girls were taking their exams...half the class room had Muslim girls who were taking special Telugu exam (special Telugu is a subject which is easier than regular telugu taken by students who are a bit poor at Telugu..
Generally Muslims take regular Telugu)..I found some students were murmuring ..I shouted at them and made them quiet..after a while I found another girl peeping into the answer sheet of the girl who was sitting in front of her ..I warned the girl and gave them a lecture...I said they were cheating their parents as their parents think that the marks their children scored were done through their hard work...in a way they were fooling their parents...I added that it is haraam and a big sin to copy...would Allah be pleased with such acts? What is the use of doing namaz and fasting during ramzan if they indulge in such acts?

One girl's face turned red and stood to protest..She said, " Sir, why are you dragging God into such a trivial matter ? What is the need of using such heavy words?"..actually that was what I wanted..I wanted to hit them where it hurt the most..this was not the first time I talked like this...even in one other school I did the same.

As I have a close and jovial relation with those girls, they don't take such matters to heart.
But my doubt is shouldn't cheating in exam be considered haram and a sin?

Today I was invigilating in a hall where 9Th and 10 th class girls were taking their exams...half the class room had Muslim girls who were taking special Telugu exam (special Telugu is a subject which is easier than regular telugu taken by students who are a bit poor at Telugu..
Generally Muslims take regular Telugu)..I found some students were murmuring ..I shouted at them and made them quiet..after a while I found another girl peeping into the answer sheet of the girl who was sitting in front of her ..I warned the girl and gave them a lecture...I said they were cheating their parents as their parents think that the marks their children scored were done through their hard work...in a way they were fooling their parents...I added that it is haraam and a big sin to copy...would Allah be pleased with such acts? What is the use of doing namaz and fasting during ramzan if they indulge in such acts?

One girl's face turned red and stood to protest..She said, " Sir, why are you dragging God into such a trivial matter ? What is the need of using such heavy words?"..actually that was what I wanted..I wanted to hit them where it hurt the most..this was not the first time I talked like this...even in one other school I did the same.

As I have a close and jovial relation with those girls, they don't take such matters to heart.

y u dont convert to islam and find out yrself instead of trolling in a pakistan forum ??

It is complete sin.You did an amazing job by talking to them like this and to knock some sense into them.I appreciate your sincerity.

regards

Be careful next time...
Kerala professor's hand chopped off for offending faith

I could have been more strict,If I have talked to them,just because he is non muslim,that doesn't mean that he is wrong.Instead,he is more sincere than other Muslim friends. @syedali73 what would you like to say to our sincere friend in this regard?

danke!
I am not saying he is wrong, but people in our part of the world wear religion on their sleeves (that goes for every religion), he would rather be safe by not bringing it where its not required. Cheating in exams will continue as long as we keep our focus on scoring high marks.

I could have been more strict,If I have talked to them,just because he is non muslim,that doesn't mean that he is wrong.Instead,he is more sincere than other Muslim friends. @syedali73 what would you like to say to our sincere friend in this regard?

danke!
To be honest mate, I don't believe in things like sin, hell and heaven.
My only intention was to make them realise that what they were doing was not good and I used religion and its terminilogy as a tool...but with my 4 years of working with good amount of Muslim students, I can assure you this tactic works only temporarily...you can find the same students cheating in the next exams.

I am not saying he is wrong, but people in our part of the world wear religion on their sleeves (that goes for every religion), he would rather be safe by not bringing it where its not required. Cheating in exams will continue as long as we keep our focus on scoring high marks.
What you are saying is correct but the thing is I won't use religious terminology when I am new to a class...only when those students become a bit close and only after I feel that they don't go and discuss such things at home, would I talk like that...in my previous school I talked a lot about how all religions were nothing but man made...what I said today is nothing when compared to that....moreover i did not say anything which hurt their religious feelings..

To be honest mate, I don't believe in things like sin, hell and heaven.
My only intention was to make them realise that what they were doing was not good and I used religion and its terminilogy as a tool...but with my 4 years of working with good amount of Muslim students, I can assure you this tactic works only temporarily...you can find the same students cheating in the next exams.
That is why I am appreciating you.Maybe some shame is knocked into them.

regards

well what you did was the right thing to do and do not refrain from doing it again.

i got the religion reference in in school too. but instead of an exam it was a class room and i was disruptive. she told me god will not be happy with you. and i told her why are you bringing in god to a geography lesson? she turned red and threw me out of the class. after that i always bring god in when arguing with her. back then i was the person who teachers hated me. the best time was when ofsted(external school inspectors) was inspecting the school. and an inspector asked me what i thought of the school, in from of the teacher, well let's just say i was the worst now i am one of the best.

i was a horrible student, i took no cr*p from no one and if i did not like(the teacher) them i will tell them. a good classic to get out of class is to set of a stink bomb. just as we were getting in the class i would wrap the glass stink bomb in tissue paper. so after i set it of, theres no evidence. once she is doing the register i would get up and sharpen my pencil at the bin and i would pretend to tie my shoes and put the stink bomb on the floor and i would get somone to sneeze really loud. as as thy are sneezing i would stamp on the stink bomb and set it of the sneeze was so no one could hear the glass breaking. after that i quickly pot the remains in the bin and hid it with paper. 1 minute later we are out of the class, job done.

So when students get caught cheating are they not disqualified from exam in India ?

that time who will remain that what is haram n what is hallal ??? jaldi jaldi chapooooo :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom