What's new

Is a Taiwan war conceivable?

Is a Taiwan war conceivable?

• Total voters
IMHO the decline of Qing Dynasty gets the bad publicity the decline of Ming and Song is just as bad. Corrupt mandarins running amock. Corrupt eunuchs running amok. Patriotic generals being put to death based on rumors.

Kangxi / Qiaolong were great conquerors and they conquered in China's name. They were also very very observant Confucians. Arguably these two were much more Chinese even than today's Chinese people since few of us do ancestor worship and other rites & rituals anymore.

Qing brought some good territorial map, but the rest was just meh.

If you read the opinion from this Major General here, then you will see what it comes to the mind of a general PLA officer or soldier.

?????õ? - ¡ - - Powered by Discuz!

If it is not for your silly definition of Han supremacy or your hatred towards those who are not Han Chinese within China, I find your remarks weird and stupid.

Do you still think China's history is all about Han Chinese??? Kangxi is just a barbarian??? What a stupid remark.

Without Kangxi, we would have lost TW forever. In addition, we won't have Northeast China. In addition, We would not have Monglia (current Inner Mongolia). Furthermore, We would not have Tibet, Qinghai as well as Xinjiang. Without Kangxi, China would have been only at most half of its current size. We would have lost the tremendous areas for defense against foreign powers.

"prefer Taiwanese way of livng"??? Well, Switzerland is much richer than TW as well. I bet you even dream the swiss way of living. Nobody asks you to be a poor Chinese who had to lead a poor way of living now. I am horrified to learn that we have people who are this stupid and still claim to be Chinese.

I dont know your definition about Forever. but I really prefer Taiwanese way of living. Kangxi is just a barbarian

The first 200 years of Qing set up the foundation for current China. The last 70 years of Qing is bad but at 1911, China was still way much bigger than Ming could have ever dreamed of.

Throughout Qing empire, most of the emperors are way much better than those blood-thirsty emperors from Ming empire. The only reason there are still people who like Ming is simply due to the fact Ming was founded by Han Chinese. If they still view China through their shallow mirror, they should rewrite Chinese history and do not include those empires founded by non-Han Chinese, or may do not call them Chinese as well.

Now I hope you can see how stupid that could have been.

Qing brought some good territorial map, but the rest was just meh.

If you read the opinion from this Major General here, then you will see what it comes to the mind of a general PLA officer or soldier.

?????õ? - ¡ - - Powered by Discuz!

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

There are quite a few for Qing Drama. For other dynasties, there are good ones and bad ones as well.

I dislike the pigtail dramas, plus they tends to be cheap/shoddy when it comes to costumes and background sets.
Much prefer some serious TK or older dynasty films.

If it is not for your silly definition of Han supremacy or your hatred towards those who are not Han Chinese within China, I find your remarks weird and stupid.

Do you still think China's history is all about Han Chinese??? Kangxi is just a barbarian??? What a stupid remark.

Without Kangxi, we would have lost TW forever. In addition, we won't have Northeast China. In addition, We would not have Monglia (current Inner Mongolia). Furthermore, We would not have Tibet, Qinghai as well as Xinjiang. Without Kangxi, China would have been only at most half of its current size. We would have lost the tremendous areas for defense against foreign powers.

"prefer Taiwanese way of livng"??? Well, Switzerland is much richer than TW as well. I bet you even dream the swiss way of living. Nobody asks you to be a poor Chinese who had to lead a poor way of living now. I am horrified to learn that we have people who are this stupid and still claim to be Chinese.

Qing is huge but it's Han's hell. Ming is smaller, but it's Han's home.:yahoo:I prefer a small home rather than a huge hell.:argh:

Then you should simply just shut your mouth when any topics related to Northeast Provinces, Taiwan, Tibet and Xinjiang are raised since you still live in your small Ming dream. Those aforementioned land are Qing's contribution to China for which you should never go to.

BTW, enuchs control Ming for most of the time.

Qing is huge but it's Han's hell. Ming is smaller, but it's Han's home.:yahoo:I prefer a small home rather than a huge hell.:argh:

Then you should simply just shut your mouth when any topics related to Northeast Provinces, Taiwan, Tibet and Xinjiang are raised since you still live in your small Ming dream. Those aforementioned land are Qing's contribution to China for which you should never go to.

BTW, enuchs control Ming for most of the time.

I remember Xinjiang and northeast china were under our rule since han dynasty and Tang dynasty.we had 安西都护府 in xinjiang in tang. and we ruled northeast china and korea in Han and tang too.

Today's China territory was won by ROC when we overthrown the qing.

How long ago was Han and Tang dynasty??? You use that as base to say Xinjiang is your territory???

Are you simply stupid or out of your mind??? Why don't you tell NK and SK those are China land as well since we have ruled them long time ago???

Without Qing's conquer and control, when ROC took control, we would not have even 1/2 of our current territory. What a retard.

I remember Xinjiang and northeast china were under our rule since han dynasty and Tang dynasty.we had 安西都护府 in xinjiang in tang. and we ruled northeast china and korea in Han and tang too.

Today's China territory was won by ROC when we overthrown the qing.

How long ago was Han and Tang dynasty??? You use that as base to say Xinjiang is your territory???

Are you simply stupid or out of your mind??? Why don't you tell NK and SK those are China land as well since we have ruled them long time ago???

Without Qing's conquer and control, when ROC took control, we would not have even 1/2 of our current territory. What a retard.
The Qing dynasty has done so great in the early time after crossing ShanHai Guan, under the rule of 3 extraordinary emperors: Kangxi, Yongcheng and Qianlong. I hardly could imagine how they solved all the issues facing them at that time in a chaotic China after sufferring war and internal division . But their successors were pretty odd while the Manchurian were just a minority ruling ethnic group, be aliened out was inevitable.
There're quite many Chinese films relate to those 3 emperors, I think they are among the most famous after Qin ShuiHuang.

Qing's emperors knew that they could not rule China as a minority if they did not become Chinese.

So Qing's emperors learned Han Chinese and took Han Chinese systems totally. At the same time, Qing's overall emperors were pretty good towards civilians compared to other dynasties whether they were Han Controlled or not.

So today, Manchu as a minority are totally identical to Han Chinese. The 365 years assimilation indeed turned them totally into Han Chinese.

I bet you Vet's culture is almost totally Han Chinese based. After adopting those ugly french created alphabets, Vet tried quite hard to cut itself from Han Chinese culture just like those Koreans.

However, in the end, after cutting those Han Chinese based culture off, you basically have few left since all of your past literature was written in Han Chinese.

Star√ation;2370725 said:
The Qing dynasty has done so great in the early time after crossing ShanHai Guan, under the rule of 3 extraordinary emperors: Kangxi, Yongcheng and Qianlong. I hardly could imagine how they solved all the issues facing them at that time in a chaotic China after sufferring war and internal division . But their successors were pretty odd while the Manchurian were just a minority ruling ethnic group, be aliened out was inevitable.
There're quite many Chinese films relate to those 3 emperors, I think they are among the most famous after Qin ShuiHuang.

Qing's emperors knew that they could not rule China as a minority if they did not become Chinese.

So Qing's emperors learned Han Chinese and took Han Chinese systems totally. At the same time, Qing's overall emperors were pretty good towards civilians compared to other dynasties whether they were Han Controlled or not.

So today, Manchu as a minority are totally identical to Han Chinese. The 365 years assimilation indeed turned them totally into Han Chinese.

I bet you Vet's culture is almost totally Han Chinese based. After adopting those ugly french created alphabets, Vet tried quite hard to cut itself from Han Chinese culture just like those Koreans.

However, in the end, after cutting those Han Chinese based culture off, you basically have few left since all of your past literature was written in Han Chinese.

They are not assimilated into Han. we are assimilated into them. Look at the national dress of China now-qipao not Hanfu.
The real harm to China is that the barbarian nearly destroyed our culture and spirit totally.
spiritual outlook of chinese changed since barbarian rule.

At the time the Manchurian took control over China, Chinese cultural, institutional system was quite superior to theirs, thus it would be suicidal if not adopting Chinese's.
One of the extraordinary unique characteristics of the Chines civilization is about your absort-ibility. The Han Chinese gained and expanded their civilization not through effort of wars but mostly from cultural exchanging and aborting.

Well, we're not Vet, Viet or else. We're Vietnamese. Treat other with respect you shall receive more in return. Calling someone with their exact name is the way to show your respect.

Vietnamese culture is a mixture in which Chinese culture play the leading role. Not only that, Vietnamese people nowadays must be successors of ancient local Vietnamese and Chinese.
Huh, Vietnamese writing system, it has nothing to do with French, it was up to Spanish missionaries.
Vietnamese did not try to cut itself from Chinese culture. Chinese literature, movie, music.. are quite popular in Vietnam. It's just because Chinese culture is not an optimal tendency anymore. You see that, everyone in the Earth now learn English, drink Coca Cola and watch Hollywood movie, even China itself wants to be a second US, the place where most Chinese elite class choose to be their home in future is the US, UK, Singapore.

But illiterate in Chinese now leaves a huge gap between this generation and our culture, the Vietnamese government as I know gonna have some plan for teaching Chinese. But it was to busy and to preoccupied with China's threat over the South China Sea in dealing with China, the US, the ASEAN, the Vietnamese public, the Vietnamese media...

Simply by a piece of clothes, you call assimilation??? What a stupid remark. When ROC overthrew Qing, have you see Sun asked the whole Chinese to adopt Ming's clothes??? Han's clothes were not worn for thousands of years.

Those Manchu emperors took the whole Chinese systems as their ways to rule a country, e.g. Confucius value, overall test systems to select officials, the tax systems and etc. In addition, the emperors orders were written both in Chinese and Manchu. However, the late emperors' manchu reading/writing ability were greatly degenerated but with Chinese reading/writing ability. Earlier emperors normally knew Chinese, Manchu and Mongol's reading/writing though.

"Destroy our culture and spirit totally?" What culture are you talking about??? They have adapted to our cuture. During Qing's ruling time, Confucius place have been bettered then.

If one thing about culture and spirit suicide, why don't you refer to culture revolution during CCP's ruling time from 1966 to 1976? It could be even earlier when those little red soldiers destroyed those culture heritage and burned those invaluable history treasures???

What a bunch of nonsense you are talking about.

They are not assimilated into Han. we are assimilated into them. Look at the national dress of China now-qipao not Hanfu.
The real harm to China is that the barbarian nearly destroyed our culture and spirit totally.
spiritual outlook of chinese changed since barbarian rule.

There is nothing to talk about for your first part since yours is just agreeable with what I have written.

Second, about vietnam's and korean's intention to cut themselves from china culture's influence, that is quite obvious. For example, both tried to remove the teaching of Chinese from their educational systems during the recently decades. For example, SK is even paranoid that it wants to replace all the Chinese letters with korean letters, even change its capital's name from hancheng (a name used for thousand of years) to shouer (a similar pronunciation close to its english name seoul)

Without knowing Chinese, a lot of korean students nowadays do not even know how to pronounce words in their literature since a lot of their important literature were written in Chinese at least until the earlier 20th century. It seems the same is done in vietnam as well.

As far as English teaching, well, China indeed has put it in an important role. However, you seem to have forgotten that nowadays more and more foreigners are learning Chinese since the China's revival happens just so fast. It just took 30 years for China to race back to the front again. Maybe another 10 to 15 years, China will be No. 1 again, the position it has taken for most of the past 2000 years.

BTW, didn't you have a great number vietnam students in China's universities as well? Haven't you sent a great number of your military officers to China for training during your independence, anti-french, anti-U.S. wars period???

As for China's threat, well, if China really wants to be your threat, you think China is that nice to you now??? At least, what I can think of is that China can simply shut down all of the trades with vietnam, stop sending electricity to vietnam, stop all investment into vietnam and punish any Chinese companies that do business with vietnam. By doing that, I call that China's threat.

It seems that you take that word "threat" too lightly. As for working with U.S., and Russia as well as India, well, it is your freedom. However, look at U.S. and Russia's track records, it seems that they can use you and dump you at any time. Look at those loyal followers of U.S. and Russia before??? How about Egypt, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Iraq and etc.... they have all followed one or the other country for quite some time but in the end got betrayed just like that.

U.S. is not your neighbor but China is. Well, I am curious since when acting tough against China has proven to be a good strategy for a country like vietnam, or korea historically???

In the end, as for my respect towards korean or vietnam, it has almost gone down to zero. As hundreds of thousands of Chinese died in korea to defend them, tens of thousand Chinese gave up their lives in vietnam during WWII, anti-french, anti-US war periods, it seems both countries have forgotten that and removed that from their history books. All the fight were carried by themselves. Good job. Such 数典忘祖,忘恩负义 bastards, should I have any respect for them at all???

Star√ation;2374770 said:
At the time the Manchurian took control over China, Chinese cultural, institutional system was quite superior to theirs, thus it would be suicidal if not adopting Chinese's.
One of the extraordinary unique characteristics of the Chines civilization is about your absort-ibility. The Han Chinese gained and expanded their civilization not through effort of wars but mostly from cultural exchanging and aborting.

Well, we're not Vet, Viet or else. We're Vietnamese. Treat other with respect you shall receive more in return. Calling someone with their exact name is the way to show your respect.

Vietnamese culture is a mixture in which Chinese culture play the leading role. Not only that, Vietnamese people nowadays must be successors of ancient local Vietnamese and Chinese.
Huh, Vietnamese writing system, it has nothing to do with French, it was up to Spanish missionaries.
Vietnamese did not try to cut itself from Chinese culture. Chinese literature, movie, music.. are quite popular in Vietnam. It's just because Chinese culture is not an optimal tendency anymore. You see that, everyone in the Earth now learn English, drink Coca Cola and watch Hollywood movie, even China itself wants to be a second US, the place where most Chinese elite class choose to be their home in future is the US, UK, Singapore.

But illiterate in Chinese now leaves a huge gap between this generation and our culture, the Vietnamese government as I know gonna have some plan for teaching Chinese. But it was to busy and to preoccupied with China's threat over the South China Sea in dealing with China, the US, the ASEAN, the Vietnamese public, the Vietnamese media...

Back
Top Bottom