What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

DCS is not 100% accurate but f-14 is very deadly in dogfight if the pilot is experienced enough to dictate the enemy combat situation and there is one situation that f-14 shine even against enemies with supermaneuverable and thrust vectoring engine and that is when you made them participate in a fight at low speed.
nearly nobody can beat it at low speed dogfight specially at low altitude in denser air .
the first two round i wondered why he didn't extend the wing fully and didn't go to a low speed fight .

but well DCS is not 100% accurte and more importantly who will do such dogfight anymore , they are fighter pilot not gunslinger . they engage with AIM-54 and R-77 and if they are close they use AIM-9 and R-73

That's what I mentioned in another part of the forum (ground section) is that it's not really feasible to have $20 million dollar tanks and $100 million dollar fighter jets. Because that will make military commanders extremely reluctant to deploy them into the battlefield, especially in a high intensity conflict. So then what's the point ?

Sure you can use them against ethnic minorities and militants with no effective counter measures but against a peer level adversary, then what ? I mean imagine deploying an F-22 against an S-500 that can launch missiles at hypersonic speeds ?

Or AbramX against Iran with Toophan 7 ATGM with thermobolic warheads ? Even the American future soldier program suit / gear against thermite bombs ? Is it really feasible ? I don't think so. The general that deploys such forces against such rivals and sustains massive losses, is likely to be forced into early retirement is anything.

isn't that computer controlled in f-35 ?
it may not seem much but fixing that damage in a 5th generation fighter gonna be too expensive .

So much for the Su-35 being "useless junk" due to having an allegedly inferior radar. So much for its speed, altitude, payload and the like being of "no relevance". So much for kinematic power "not counting" because "today all air to air engagements are fought at BVR ranges". Some have been repeating these notions in a sustained manner, owing to the markedly negative views they hold of Iran's partner Russia as well as of the Russian defense industries.

That those assessments fail to do justice to the actual complexity of the subject matter, because kinematic power for instance can impact on things such as detection range or because the Su-35 can be coupled with Iran's IADS through a datalink, was intuitively obvious to many. A knowledgeable source such as Patarames needed to explain it in accurate terms, glad they did.

Last edited:
That it's actually more complex than those superficial assessments because kinematic power for instance can impact on things such as detection range
as far as I'm aware kinematic power have zero impact on detection range
because the Su-35 can be coupled with Iran's IADS through a datalink
sadly for your theory that data-link on su-35 is propriety and can't talk with the data link used in rest of Iran equipment , well there always is the options to throw away 40 years of heard work an achievement and built our defense industry around outdated su-35. so we satisfy some people urge to buy something from Russia (outdated OLS-35, Outdated Radar outdated e-warfare system)

and incidentally your knowledgeable source claim Low RCS aircraft can be detected with s-band radar , interestingly its L-Band that work better against Low RCS object not S-band and guess what latest models of su-35 have it but L-band can't be used for targeting enemy , you knew something is out there but you must wait till you reach in range that your x-band radar can pick enemy to engage it in short its only good for knowing there is F-35 there and escape as soon as possible . if we want airplane for escape , better not waste money on it at all

sadly for your theory that data-link on su-35 is propriety and can't talk with the data link used in rest of Iran equipment , well there always is the options to throw away 40 years of heard work an achievement and built our defense industry around outdated su-35. so we satisfy some people urge to buy something from Russia (outdated OLS-35, Outdated Radar outdated e-warfare system)
As if Su-35's data-link systems can't be easily upgraded/adjusted.

As if Su-35's data-link systems can't be easily upgraded/adjusted.
upgraded no , must be replaced and just think how Russia be happy if you do that .
and even if you do that there is small problem of old RADAR , Old IRST and limited E-Warfare capabilities .
more importantly the numbers will be limited and have no impact at all

upgraded no , must be replaced and just think how Russia be happy if you do that .
and even if you do that there is small problem of old RADAR , Old IRST and limited E-Warfare capabilities .
more importantly the numbers will be limited and have no impact at all
And why should that be a problem for the Russians? I really don't understand why you are focusing on such a negligible technicality issue

And why should that be a problem for the Russians? I really don't understand why you are focusing on such a negligible technicality issue
those are negligible ?
wonder what factor in aircraft is important for you guys ? range and speed with afterburner ?

Back
Top Bottom