What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Both Iran and Iraq tried to avoid losing aircrafts because they had no true allies to replenish them with new fighter jets. Thus their most prized fighters played defense. Iran’s F-14 usually were playing defense and protecting vital infrastructure.

How didn't Iraq have allies during the war, I don't understand? They ended the conflict with more and better military equipment than when they started it. Fighter jet wise, they received Super Etendards on loan and then non-downgraded top of the line French Mirage F-1EQ's during the war, including French pilots to lend them a hand. Their Mig-29's also arrived at the later stages of the conflict. All practically for free given Persian Gulf sheikhdoms financing their aggression. Is it not?

Last edited:
How didn't Iraq have allies during the war, I don't understand? They ended the conflict with more and better military equipment than when they started it. Fighter jet wise, they received Super Etendards on loan and then non-downgraded top of the line French Mirage F-1EQ's during the war, including French pilots to lend them a hand. Their Mig-29's also arrived at the later stages of the conflict. All practically for free given Persian Gulf sheikhdoms financing their aggression.

Those days Iran had very little, just sheer 2 dimensional army-infantry based war capabilities. No comparison to what they are capable of today. It often takes a few technology breakthroughs to make a huge difference.

For instance, Iran's engine for LTC4B for helicopters can be used (yes I know it is heavy, fuel inefficient, but VERY reliable in Iran's hands) for Iran-140 and great engine for hot-and-high. With a single heli engine and a top thrust jet engine, Iran can transform its military to a whole lot of new pain for its adversaries. The only way to DELAY Iran is economically, certainly NOT STOP it. Which is why = sanctions !

I have worked on the closest thing to F-14A, namely the F-111 and its more powerful TF30 that was based in U.K. - boy, I have no idea how Iran could have maintained any of them in 1980s, as U.S. the manufacturer of the platform had many problems until F-14D.

Iran needs economic de-strangulation and then (hardest part) SMART military spending on infrastructure and a clear head in judgement and decision making.

Good luck to the nation of Aryan Lions and Lionesses.

242414365_147634760827978_4217568024016313416_n.jpg
242569547_355646359672671_4760391936738053386_n.jpg

Do you have a link for these photos?
Different sources bro. This one was of Instagram

copy_link

This link has also high quality pictures :

Different sources bro. This one was of Instagram

copy_link

This link has also high quality pictures :

Thank you!

Who is this new person who is in charge of the IRIAF? (Nasirzadeh)
Any good history?

How didn't Iraq have allies during the war, I don't understand? They ended the conflict with more and better military equipment than when they started it. Fighter jet wise, they received Super Etendards on loan and then non-downgraded top of the line French Mirage F-1EQ's during the war, including French pilots to lend them a hand. Their Mig-29's also arrived at the later stages of the conflict. All practically for free given Persian Gulf sheikhdoms financing their aggression. Is it not?

Both countries were being armed based on need to keep the war ongoing.

I still can't stress how many life's would've been saved had khomeini accepted the 1982 cease fire.

Had Iranians not ruined their country with the 79 Revolution causing mass diaspora of everyone with a brain.

Both countries were being armed based on need to keep the war ongoing.

I still can't stress how many life's would've been saved had khomeini accepted the 1982 cease fire.

Had Iranians not ruined their country with the 79 Revolution causing mass diaspora of everyone with a brain.

Yes yes.... all Khomainis fault.... nothing to do with the retarded murderes Saddam Starting the war.
If only this and if only that......

Has any one done a comparison between "simorgh" and C-130...in terms of payload ..runway requirements..endurance etc..just curious to know.

probably they will be able to do it after the flight tests are finished, but in any case they are 2 aircraft of different class therefore very difficult to make a comparison.
This could be done with similar ones, such as the C-235, C-295, AN-32, Xian MA60H-500 and in the future IL-112.

Back
Top Bottom