What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

IMG_20200925_115122.jpg

IMG_20200925_115128.jpg

so fakour weights almost 640 kg...it's a heavy *** missile.
Thats exactly what I thought.I would`ve expected it to be at least somewhat lighter than the aim54 thanks to its 21st century electronics,which in addition to being much more compact and lightweight wouldnt also need the cooling loop from the aircraft.It actually makes me wonder if the f14 can carry 6 of these for its combat loadout.
Whats interesting is that the firing temp stenciled on the side of the missile is -45 to 145 whereas its land based cousin which uses the same diameter of engine[if not the same engine] is only rated for a firing temp of -25 to 125............weird

Last edited:
Thats exactly what I thought.I would`ve expected it to be at least somewhat lighter than the aim54 thanks to its 21st century electronics,which in addition to being much more compact and lightweight wouldnt also need the cooling loop from the aircraft.It actually makes me wonder if the f14 can carry 6 of these for its combat loadout.
Whats interesting is that the firing temp stenciled on the side of the missile is -45 to 145 whereas its land based cousin which uses the same diameter of engine[if not the same engine] is only rated for a firing temp of -25 to 125............weird
yeah i expected it to be lighter too. i actually used to thought the same way about sayyad-2 missile. wikipedia used to say it is rim-66 REd but in reality it's 400 kg heavier than that and it's range is twice (our version which bought during shah) of standard missile.

DyKV3Q0X4AARDMv

I hope that there is an actual ongoing development program for this weapon.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom