What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Over the last 50 years, the U.S. industrial base has dwindled from 10 manufacturers capable of building an advanced fighter to only three defense companies: Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Northrop Grumman. The time it takes the Air Force to move a new fighter from research and development to full-rate production has stretched from a matter of years to multiple decades.
similar thing happened in the UK. many companies died in the cold war. the same thing will happen in all other countries in near future. Mikoyan is already dying, similar thing will happen to some of chinese companies in future, when they slow down their spending.
I have not read companies public statements and think tank documents about future of warfare, but it is not really strange if one of those 3 US giants are dead in 30 years.

It IS NOT indicative of bigger problems at all. instead it is a change in Technology and R&D costs. developing a new chip will run companies 100s of millions of $s. similar costs for other high tech stuff.
also not many countries have access to unlimited free workforce (Iran: with military service) OR unlimited money (US: with dollar). so they can not waste their money or workforce active time. every thing need to be counted. EVERYTHING!

What makes this revolutionary is that it was computer designed/tested then a prototype built in 1 year time. That is unheard of in aircraft development where it usually takes 10 years to get to prototype stage.

But this is what i told you many times before. Today the computerpower is such great that you can design all of an airplane within the computer. Also all of the tests of the design including engine you can also do in the computer. If your programm and the computer is good enough, you even not need a wind tunnel. Also you can let the air plane fly manouvers what are in reality inpossible and check the possibilities of the design before you go to prototype.

Edit:

like here

And due to that also Iran can develop fighterjets faster.

Last edited:
Mirage F1 armed with air to air missiles

1600615032965.png

A refuel pod , a Sahab electronic warfare pod, a Shahin electronic warfare pod (AN / ALQ-101) and a laser marking pod to guide bombs and laser-guided missiles.

View attachment 672691
Thats interesting.....
The laser designator used to be called the TLS-99,now its LAU-99....
TLS-99-LAU-99.jpg

There appear to have been some physical changes as well,the front section is no longer cut-off at an angle and the rear section no longer has a slight taper to it.
Perhaps theres been some upgrading of the iriafs indigenously developed laser guided weapons.Then again knowing the iriaf it could just be all purely cosmetic.....

Like I have said before, people who think Iran will be spending billions and billions importing weapons are either clueless and/or out of touch with reality. Iran will at most focus more on getting its hand on the technology, TOT etc to fuel its own large indigenous sector. Iran's entire military budget is small compared to what it could/should be and yet we've seen all these advancements. Thus, excessive purchases are not only illogical, but not needed as there is barely anything Iran needs to import. I have even seen journalists talking about Iran importing tanks and ships. They're not just clueless, but deluded.

If Iran was to make an "one time only" large purchase, it would be in the airforce sector to give that sector a major needed boost until Iran own capability to mass produce fighter jets is ready. I am not against this one time purchase.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom