What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

where are you putting these pictures anyway ?
where are you putting these pictures anyway ?
On my notes... I just do some research
BC086BB6-E856-41C5-BC6B-B4B2D93E55EB.jpeg
B5E56F72-37ED-4525-922D-7F83AC1E59B9.png

Uhm that’s not agm-65 maverick😂 that’s clone of aim-54 Phoenix missiles
im not really in to air force maybe others can help you better but im not sure if air force reverse engineered agm-65 maverick i think they have built an equivalent named Zobin

1599769468100.png

1599769523649.png

The sanctions have already been placed through the CAATSA. No F-35 for this moment, although they are trying to find ways around it. If I had to choose between F-35 and S-400, I would choose the F-35.

From what I've read Turkey has not declared the S-400 officially "operational" and the US congress has so far held off from imposing harsh secondary sanctions that "could cut Turkey off from the Western military-industrial ecosystem"

One of the major issues is that "Turkey does not and will not in the foreseeable future, have any technical involvement in the primary maintenance of the Russian system... This bitter reality can be succinctly expressed; in the absence of a comprehensive technology transfer or co-production package, Turkish defense planners will never fully know what the Russian strategic SAM system is doing in Turkey, including whether it has any cyber or electronic backdoors clandestinely transferring data on NATO military assets to Moscow "

Those quotes are from a week old article found here

I'm sure it won't go that far.

I wouldn't bet on it. Realistically Erdogan is not backing down on Turkey's claims on the natural gas fields near southern Cyprus. It's basically the only way that he can salvage Turkey's crumbling economy. At the same time nothing helps autocrats hold onto power as much as ramping up nationalist ferver. Erdogan knows this. He also knows that the Europeans will surely sanction Turkey if Turkey begins major drilling operations. Who knows, perhaps diplomacy will prevail but only time will tell.

Buying Su-35 would bring more sanctions to the table. TF-X is not produced by BAE. They are providing engineering assistance. The TF-X is going to be built indigenous by Turkey with full IP and export rights. IMO I could see the whole project shelved or cancelled before the Turks allow any foreign control to production and export to occur.

Almost all the weapons that Turkey currently fields are heavily dependent on vital foreign components or foreign parts. It's true that Turkey has become much more self sufficient in recent years, However Turkey tends to assemble weapons once they've acquired the vital components or in some cases knock down kits.

So far I haven't seen them build weapons from scratch the way Iran does or on the scale that Iran does. This is partly due to the fact that Turkey has had the luxury of importing sophisticated weapons, components and parts from whomever they please without having to worry about sanctions.

Of course being able to import sophisticated weapons systems with such ease comes with it's own advantages, however it's like a double edged sword. The F-35 is a perfect example of how major weapon manufacturing nations use the sale of their weapons as political leverage to control a client nations behavior. When a client nation doesn't want to play ball, well then that leads to a conflict of interest like what we see with the F-35.

Anyways the TF-X will be powered by two General Electric F-110 engines. Turkey can claim that they can build a 5th generation fighter jet from scratch but from everything I've seen and everything I know about Turkey, would imply otherwise. I recall not too long ago, when the US was threatening to kick Turkey out of the F-35 program, many Turkish fanboys were claiming that "Turkey is a partner in the F-35 program and produces vital components/parts. The US cannot kick Turkey out, blah blah blah" What happened in the end ?

There are few countries in the world that can pursue an independent foreign policy. It takes guts and ambition to do that. As an Iranian you surely do understand.

And that is what Turkey is trying to avoid, being dependent on others on these strategic issues.

They're trying, I'll give them that, but it's extremely difficult to avoid the major power brokers when it comes to highly sophisticated weapons like 5th generation stealth jets or top of the line air defense systems. Even China, with all the resources at their disposal are still reportedly powering their stealth fighter jets with Russian engines

IMO Turkey should pursue a large and diverse ballistic missile program instead of the TF-X.

With the current state of affairs in the Mediterranean, if Turkey were to build an extensive ballistic missile program (similar to Iran), I would assume that the EU would surely impose sanctions. Especially once Russia also builds those nuclear power plants for Turkey.

Of course it should be noted that Russian technicians will be in charge of the nuclear facilities and will be disposing all of the fissile material on a regular basis. However there's always the possibility of Turkey following the North Korean model, kicking out the Russians and going rogue. Again only time will tell what the future holds.

One of the major issues is that "Turkey does not and will not in the foreseeable future, have any technical involvement in the primary maintenance of the Russian system... This bitter reality can be succinctly expressed; in the absence of a comprehensive technology transfer or co-production package, Turkish defense planners will never fully know what the Russian strategic SAM system is doing in Turkey, including whether it has any cyber or electronic backdoors clandestinely transferring data on NATO military assets to Moscow "

Haha, call me a conspiracy theorist, but in the end it could be that these S-400 can be remote controlled by Russia and are a planned front defence tool for to shield the southwest of Russia :sarcastic:

Haha, call me a conspiracy theorist, but in the end it could be that these S-400 can be remote controlled by Russia and are a planned front defence tool for to shield the southwest of Russia :sarcastic:

Kill switch Backdoor is likely embedded so Russian Cyberwarfare team can crush the system in case of hostilities.

But also I suspect it secretly transmits radar data to Russia. Russia wants to pick up F-35 and F-22 Radar signatures.

Not surprising to be honest. The F-22's first flight was over 23 years ago so it should not come as a shock that they have produced a prototype of next gen plane. I assume it will be comprised of a comibination of manned and unmanned platforms. The concept of a "6th generation" fighter is vague and not properly defined from my perspective. Normally the Americans appear to set the standard regarding what defines a particular generation so it would interesting to see what standards will be set by this fighter jet. With the arrival of 6th generation manned and unmanned swarming fighter jets and manoeuvring hypersonic systems, the air defence sectors of competing nations need to take the necessary leaps to stay in the game.

Not surprising to be honest. The F-22's first flight was over 23 years ago so it should not come as a shock that they have produced a prototype of next gen plane. I assume it will be comprised of a comibination of manned and unmanned platforms. The concept of a "6th generation" fighter is vague and not properly defined from my perspective. Normally the Americans appear to set the standard regarding what defines a particular generation so it would interesting to see what standards will be set by this fighter jet. With the arrival of 6th generation manned and unmanned swarming fighter jets and manoeuvring hypersonic systems, the air defence sectors of competing nations need to take the necessary leaps to stay in the game.

What makes this revolutionary is that it was computer designed/tested then a prototype built in 1 year time. That is unheard of in aircraft development where it usually takes 10 years to get to prototype stage.

Over the last 50 years, the U.S. industrial base has dwindled from 10 manufacturers capable of building an advanced fighter to only three defense companies: Lockheed Martin, Boeing and Northrop Grumman. The time it takes the Air Force to move a new fighter from research and development to full-rate production has stretched from a matter of years to multiple decades.

The result is that every fighter program becomes existential for companies, who fight to prove that they can meet technical requirements during the development and production phase at a lower cost than their competitors. The companies are finally able to turn a profit during the later years of a program, when they become locked in as sustainment providers with the technical knowledge necessary for upgrading, repairing and extending the life of their product — often with little congressional interest or scrutiny.

Dwindling industrial base, stretched out development times (by many years), structural conditions that inherently favor corruption: the progressive decay of US fighter jet production mirrors that entire country's steady and welcome downfall.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom