What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Yes knowing what material is used is part of blueprint. But how it is created, what techniques Russia uses, and the machines used to create such a material would not be included. Iran would have to reverse engineer how to build it. But the recent Turbofan unveiled Gives iran confidence it can do it.

I bet the materials used in the Jahesh-700 are already superior to all 1980 grade Russian materials. So thats no problem.

It’s possible Iran can get the blueprint through China.

Only Russian have the blueprints.

unlikely 1st Iranian AL-31 will be comparable to Russian AL-31 gen 1. It will take several generations to catch up to older AL-31 models. But even those engines blow away anything Iran currently has and would be a huge boon to heavy fighters.

Its all about materials and blueprints, with both you get a Al-31, make everything according to the specs and you are fine.
Initially you will just produce some non-conform parts which you have to scrap.

AL-31 is the one of most efficient way Iran can move forward unless it plans to get Western Architecture engines through espionage and arms dealers.

That FJ-33 is not called a 4th gen turbofan by Iran for no reason, even that small thing has several technologies superior to those used in the 70's design Al-31.
But I love the Al-31.

I bet the materials used in the Jahesh-700 are already superior to all 1980 grade Russian materials. So thats no problem.

Its all about materials and blueprints, with both you get a Al-31, make everything according to the specs and you are fine.

That FJ-33 is not called a 4th gen turbofan by Iran for no reason, even that small thing has several technologies superior to those used in the 70's design Al-31.
But I love the Al-31.

I doubt Iran would be about to build Full AL-31 comparable engine in early gen. It has already struggled with Owj. Even China has struggled matching AL-31 performance with its WS-10 engine and it’s WS-15 has been in development since early 90’s.

So it should you give you roughly an idea how long it will take Iran to catch up to even China level engines if the proper investments are made.

China maybe more willing to share WS-10 blueprints with Iran then Russia sharing AL-31 blueprints. They are different engines yes, But similar performance though China still lags.

I doubt Iran would be about to build Full AL-31 comparable engine in early gen. It has already struggled with Owj. Even China has struggled matching AL-31 performance with its WS-10 engine and it’s WS-15 has been in development since early 90’s.

So it should you give you roughly an idea how long it will take Iran to catch up to even China level engines if the proper investments are made.

China maybe more willing to share WS-10 blueprints with Iran then Russia sharing AL-31 blueprints. They are different engines yes, But similar performance though China still lags.

The times are different. Today you can do at your home pc the same for what you need a "supercomputer" in the 90s. Also most papers about nanotechnics, coatings and alloys from the 90s are open to read. The only thing what is difficult and need time is to optimize the quality of the production process.

WS-10 is a Chinese re-design, of course they struggle to get it running. Al-31 is ready since the 80's.

I doubt anyway that Iran could build a Al-31 in 3-5 years even if it had all blueprints and the financial will. Engines are no jokes.

They struggled with Owj exactly because they didn't have its blueprints.

Yes WS-10 would be also a option if Al-31 cant be get but also Chinese are unlikely to do that.

WS-10 is a Chinese re-design, of course they struggle to get it running. Al-31 is ready since the 80's.

I doubt anyway that Iran could build a Al-31 in 3-5 years even if it had all blueprints and the financial will. Engines are no jokes.

They struggled with Owj exactly because they didn't have its blueprints.

Yes WS-10 would be also a option if Al-31 cant be get but also Chinese are unlikely to do that.

WS-10 is based on western architecture (engine).

And Iranian heavier engine has been in development since at least 2015 if not longer. Recent engine was probably started 10 years or so.

Thus if we assume Iran start developing an Heavy engine In 2015 we should start to see some results by 2025-2030.

The next Iranian engine to be unveiled is medium engine which Hajizadeh said was about 3 years away about 3 years ago.

Heavier engine is of upmost importance since tomcats will start falling apart by 2035. Stop gaps like SU-27/SU-30/ can be used while Iranian builds domestic engines.

I expect some Iranian air force purchases as every branch is modernizing except the Air Force and I doubt Iranian military planners plan to ignore the airforce. Even the Navy and Army which have been historically weaker branches have been getting new ships and vehicles respectively.

1st Iranian marine, aircraft lubricant oil unveiled
1st Iranian marine, aircraft lubricant oil unveiled

TEHRAN, Aug. 23 (MNA) – Iran's Pars Oil company unveiled the first domestically-produced oil-based lubricant to be used in the Iranian maritime and aviation industry.
The production line of the product was inaugurated in a ceremony on Sunday attended by senior officials from Iran Civil Aviation Organization, Aerospace Force of the Army of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution, and Execution of Imam Khomeini's Order.
In this event, eight other similar products of the Iranian knowledge-based companies were also unveiled.
As reported, the produced lubricant has been developed with cooperation between Iranian knowledge-based firms and under the toughest US sanctions.
The projects have consumed $5 million of investments, Aref Norouzi the deputy head of Execution of Imam Khomeini's Order informed.
"The product is 73 percent cheaper than its foreign rivals and has met all the international standards," he added.
The domestically produced lubricant has been used in both civil and military aircraft in Iran but supplying it under the US sanctions was very costly.

Iran produces homegrown amphibious aircraft for first time

TEHRAN, Aug. 24 (MNA) – Relying on indigenous knowledge, the researchers of an Iranian knowledge-based firm have obtained the technology of designing a prototype for an amphibious aircraft for the first time in the country.

Being supported by Vice Presidency for Science and Technology, an Iranian knowledge-based firm announced that it has achieved the technology of designing a prototype for a homegrown amphibious aircraft for the first time in the country.

Researchers of this firm believe say Iran is among the top countries in the world in the field of producing amphibious aircraft which are capable of taking off and landing on sea, river, and dams as well the ground.
According to this knowledge-based firm, approximately 70% of the amphibious aircraft is produced domestically, therefore it creates a high added value to the economy.

This aircraft can be used in the field of tourist voyages, sea and land ambulances, professional pilot training, cargo transportation, forest, border monitoring, environmental and marine pollution control as well as maritime research and rescue operations.

But I love the Al-31.

The Jahesh-700 per pound of thrust should approximately have half the consumption rate of the J85 Owj (Dry Thrust)
with a consumption rate even lower than that of the Tomahawk F107 engine
And for a 20inch in diameter engine that's pretty amazing!

Aside from that, Iran just gained the technical knowhow of turbo fan engines and combining a lower RPM fan on a hi RPM turbines

They also had a leap in metallurgy and achieved the capability of producing single crystal turbines

This the type of engine that can power Iranian UCAV for decades to come and will allow Iran to produce UCAV's that even advanced countries around the world will line up to purchase.

There are rumors that there is a contract worth $7 billion of Su-35's for an unknown customer.

Can’t be UAE as they are trying to purchase F-35. The size rules out any small countries and irrelevant Arab powers (Egypt and Saudi Arabia).

Only 3 choices: China, iran, and Turkey.

I would say 60-70% chance it’s Iran. The question is will the deal come to fruition or is Russia using this as a bargaining chip with the West.

The US may try to flood the region with F-35’s (Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Turkey) to counter Iran.

Iran at the minimum needs SU-27/SU-30 to defend its airspace. SU-35 would be a great order if it comes with the latest Russian radar used to detect low RCS objects.

Also an order for 36 SU-57 means that Iran can move to the F-14 to storage or reserve.

This would give Iran 15-20 years to build its own domestic fighter fleet while having the LATEST in Russian technology to look at for reference.

A well worth it investment considering both the SU-35 and SU-57 will likely stay in the Iranian airforce for 25+ years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom