What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

not an other F-5 i'm going to cry i swear to God :(

Commander Qureshi also referred to the initial flight tests of the new generation of Kowsar fighters, saying: "With recent flight tests, the aircraft will be unveiled in the future."

https://fa.alalamtv.net/news/4389661/جزئیاتی-از-سامانه-پدافندی-باور۳۷۳--برد-باور-۳۰۰-کیلومتر-است
Chill down body. Have you forgotten how Iran's auto industry started? It was Paykan, Peykan with Joshan bumper, Paykan with Peugeot engine, Peugeot with Paykan engine (RD), and finally Samand.

They will test any possible combination and mutation of F5 to make sure they have mastered it and then when they are satisfied, they will come up with a new platform. You also need to consider the fact that out of all the divisions of military, Airforce is the most conservative one to try totally new and untested platforms.

Chill down body. Have you forgotten how Iran's auto industry started? It was Paykan, Peykan with Joshan bumper, Paykan with Peugeot engine, Peugeot with Paykan engine (RD), and finally Samand.

They will test any possible combination and mutation of F5 to make sure they have mastered it and then when they are satisfied, they will come up with a new platform. You also need to consider the fact that out of all the divisions of military, Airforce is the most conservative one to try totally new and untested platforms.

But this is different, you are going from F5, to F5, to slightly modified F5, to slightly more modified F5, to even more modified F5.

What happened to that Kowsar 88 with the original airframe?

But this is different, you are going from F5, to F5, to slightly modified F5, to slightly more modified F5, to even more modified F5.

This is all great with the F-5 evolution.

But consider putting together some J-10 or Su-30 in Iran when sanctions theoretically end in 2020.

If war comes, you don't want to be caught with your pants down.

Some problem should solved in F5 such as:
1-Landing gear location
2-Radar low space
3-Mid wings instead of low wings
4-Operating range

F-20 is not a solution but jf-17 may be better.

singleenginefighter1-jpg.574979

singleenginefighter1-jpg.574981

1-More hardpoints
2-Bigger radar
3-More range
4-More space for future upgrade
5-Economical
Better than f-20 in CAS but in A2A role f-20 is better.

Oh look another F-5 project, basically just confirming Qaher is dead in water project.

No reason to continue F-5 upgrades when Qaher can be a next gen F-5 replacement.

F-20 manufacturing is not cheap also but for A2A role is good choice.
Look at what Iriaf thinking in this maket.
singleenginef5-jpg.574996

Q
Oh look another F-5 project, basically just confirming Qaher is dead in water project.

No reason to continue F-5 upgrades when Qaher can be a next gen F-5 replacement.
Qaher is a modified F-5 with a weapon bay under it which can change landing gear location also.
Very good solution which with this Technic a Qaher can be based on F-4 also.

not an other F-5 i'm going to cry i swear to God :(

Commander Qureshi also referred to the initial flight tests of the new generation of Kowsar fighters, saying: "With recent flight tests, the aircraft will be unveiled in the future."

https://fa.alalamtv.net/news/4389661/جزئیاتی-از-سامانه-پدافندی-باور۳۷۳--برد-باور-۳۰۰-کیلومتر-است

I would look at this in another way. We still didnt see the full capabilities of the kowsar, and we might actually see some of the weapons the plane can carry today, and maybe some other features that they still didnt show us.

well he said Qaher is going as planed too but he said this new F5 is Iranian design, i do not know what he means by that.

I would look at this in another way. We still didnt see the full capabilities of the kowsar, and we might actually see some of the weapons the plane can carry today, and maybe some other features that they still didnt show us.
i hope soo

I'm just pointing out this is how Iranians do it. They come up with these mutants, some of them really don't make sense. But in this process they learn and at some point, they suddenly they come up with something that blows everyone's mind. They did similar thing with missiles too.

The example I made were all Paykans at the end of the day too.(who would call a Peugeot body with a Paykan engine anything but Paykan for God sake?!!)

Next step for F5 would probably be changing its engines. Or if we want to go with above example, putting F5 engines on an F4 or F14! lol

I think Airforce never wanted Qaher. It doesn't fit in their defense doctrine. I think the most possible client for Qaher project is IRGC.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom