What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

I said a few months ago that the new F4 ++ with a new cell, new electronics, new cockpit, new radar and a new engine is a reality. And I love as always the process of announcing Iran that deceives everyone. But they always give clues. You sincerely believe that the new engine is not in test action on some aircraft?
You sincerely believe Kowsar does not have new weapons? It is nevertheless obvious! They will eventually show us

And in my opinion, the Kowsar 88 has small engine very technological and high power. And that this plane is a testing ground to produce parts of small but high-tech aircraft. We will see well in the future. And it is an event that they reserve us suprises for the new heavy combat aircraft

I said a few months ago that the new F4 ++ with a new cell, new electronics, new cockpit, new radar and a new engine is a reality. And I love as always the process of announcing Iran that deceives everyone. But they always give clues. You sincerely believe that the new engine is not in test action on some aircraft?

The new F-4s are either called F-4SM or F-4E block 68 if I remember correctly. And currently, these F-4s are at the level of the F-18 as it can fire cruise missiles and guide them using it's new radar, it has better engines that provide better thrust, it can carry and use different guided missiles and bombs (laser guided, IR guided, TV guided), it can be equipped with laser targeting pods, the radar should have the ability to fire ARH air to air missiles but iran isnt known to have such missiles that can fit on the F-4, that's why they should acquire such thing, and the F-4 probably has a bigger payload than the F-18 and it's faster. And there is even a chance that the aircraft is equipped with a data link system to connect to drones and other aircrafts, something like the IRGC su-22s have. And all this has greatly improved these F-4 capabilities.

You sincerely believe Kowsar does not have new weapons? It is nevertheless obvious! They will eventually show us

And in my opinion, the Kowsar 88 has small engine very technological and high power. And that this plane is a testing ground to produce parts of small but high-tech aircraft. We will see well in the future. And it is an event that they reserve us suprises for the new heavy combat aircraft

Although the kowsar is said to be a trainer aircraft, it's actually more like the yak-130, because it has an advanced radar with air to air, air to ground, and air to surface modes. And because of its cockpit, it should be able to fire all types of IR and electro optical bombs and missiles, and can carry targeting pods, which means that it should be able to fire laser guided weapons. On top of that, the radar should be able to guide ARH air to air missiles and radar guided cruise missiles and anti ship missiles.
All this just means that it's a potent platform as a light multirole platform, and the technologies on it can be used on new future aircrafts.

The new F-4s are either called F-4SM or F-4E block 68 if I remember correctly. And currently, these F-4s are at the level of the F-18 as it can fire cruise missiles and guide them using it's new radar, it has better engines that provide better thrust, it can carry and use different guided missiles and bombs (laser guided, IR guided, TV guided), it can be equipped with laser targeting pods, the radar should have the ability to fire ARH air to air missiles but iran isnt known to have such missiles that can fit on the F-4, that's why they should acquire such thing, and the F-4 probably has a bigger payload than the F-18 and it's faster. And there is even a chance that the aircraft is equipped with a data link system to connect to drones and other aircrafts, something like the IRGC su-22s have. And all this has greatly improved these F-4 capabilities.

Although the kowsar is said to be a trainer aircraft, it's actually more like the yak-130, because it has an advanced radar with air to air, air to ground, and air to surface modes. And because of its cockpit, it should be able to fire all types of IR and electro optical bombs and missiles, and can carry targeting pods, which means that it should be able to fire laser guided weapons. On top of that, the radar should be able to guide ARH air to air missiles and radar guided cruise missiles and anti ship missiles.
All this just means that it's a potent platform as a light multirole platform, and the technologies on it can be used on new future aircrafts.
Well I prefer YAK-130 engine a lit more . that Al-222-25 turbofan have no after burner but provide 24.5kn of thrust .
J-85 turbojet of F-5 provide 16kn without afterburner and 22kn with afterburner.

I wonder if somebody have designed F-5 around Al-222-25 engine would it gained supercruise ability.

Well I prefer YAK-130 engine a lit more . that Al-222-25 turbofan have no after burner but provide 24.5kn of thrust .
J-85 turbojet of F-5 provide 16kn without afterburner and 22kn with afterburner.

I wonder if somebody have designed F-5 around Al-222-25 engine would it gained supercruise ability.

Well I just said that they are similar in their role, but i think the kowsar is a little bit lighter than the yak-130 which means that it still can either carry a payload almost equivalent to the yak-130 or a smaller payload with a higher speed.

well Iran said Kowsar 88 will fly at Russia air show and that is i think in 8 days. so im really excited to see it in Russia.

کوثر 88 در ماکس 2019 پرواز می کند

مدیرعامل سازمان صنایع هوایی نیروهای مسلح از پرواز جت کوثر٨٨ در دور بعدی نمایشگاه هوافضای روسیه (ماکس٢٠١٩) خبر داد و گفت: امیدواریم در دوره‌های بعدی این هواپیما را برای صادرات نیز داشته باشیم.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/752816/کوثر-88-در-ماکس-2019-پرواز-می-کند

Yes it's an F-4 SM, I was the first on the forum to say it months ago. It seems that this video is a test of new engine and in the future we will know it.

Yes it's an F-4 SM, I was the first on the forum to say it months ago. It seems that this video is a test of new engine and in the future we will know it.

Isnt it the F-4 with a new radar and cockpit as well?
Or was the engine upgraded on it only?
And they renewed the air frame as well, right?

It's not so . the empty weight is somehow similar .but you knew f-5 unlike for example f-4 have very good aerodynamic and that help it to be supersonic with weaker engine compared to YAK-130 . and I think both plane can carry the same amount of weaponry
Didn't knew F-4 can do that .

It's not so . the empty weight is somehow similar .but you knew f-5 unlike for example f-4 have very good aerodynamic and that help it to be supersonic with weaker engine compared to YAK-130 . and I think both plane can carry the same amount of weaponry

Didn't knew F-4 can do that .

I highly doubt we can deduce anything fr that Phantom take off footage. Here is a non Iranian phantom taking off in a similar manner:

Regardless, the absence of smoke maybe due to variety of reasons and you can find footages of Iranian Phantoms taking off without visible smoke as well. In this case, you could have poor lighting or the smoke maybe more visible from a different angle or the engine hasn't skipped burning all the fuel....

I highly doubt we can deduce anything fr that Phantom take off footage. Here is a non Iranian phantom taking off in a similar manner:

Regardless, the absence of smoke maybe due to variety of reasons and you can find footages of Iranian Phantoms taking off without visible smoke as well. In this case, you could have poor lighting or the smoke maybe more visible from a different angle or the engine hasn't skipped burning all the fuel....
Well i think I can see some smoke in the iranian phantom but after takeoff Iranian phantom ascend with nearly 90 degree angle while the one you posted have an angle between 70-80 . I didn't knew phantom could have that attack angle just after takeoff.
If the phantom can do that wonder if it also can do Cobra maneuver ?

Well i think I can see some smoke in the iranian phantom but after takeoff Iranian phantom ascend with nearly 90 degree angle while the one you posted have an angle between 70-80 . I didn't knew phantom could have that attack angle just after takeoff.

Well it's hard to tell what angle it was. To be honest, I think some upgrades such as new battlefield management system, radar, navigation and overall avionics are about as much as you can get from this platform. Building new airframes and keeping them flight worthy is feasible for now but I wouldn't think they would play around with the engine except maintenance and overhaul... J-79 is an engine only used for F-4 and for what it is, it is sufficient. RD-33 should be Iran's too focus.

this will answer the questions regarding that maneuver. this is standard procedure after overhauling a fighter jet which includes max climb maneuver. this demonstrates that structure is renewed and has no fractures which indicates we are producing them in home.
BTW the pilot published the video in his page forced to disable it and suspended for some time, this alone indicates many thing about army.:enjoy::enjoy:

No smoke!
because the after burner was on.

well phantom has not (1< thrust/weight) so if it stalls that's it it will crash.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom