What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Yes,I wouldnt put the whole blame on the government and the lack of resources,the airforce seems to have a lot of problems when it comes to focusing on what it should be spending its remaining resources on,for instance many programs are started but either go nowhere or are never completed apart from a couple of prototypes/examples,such as the f14m program of which only 2 examples were completed.Theres also the airforces seeming fixation on the f5 and the amount of resources and effort that have been expended on programs to attempt local production of it.
So I think the airforces lack of direction when it comes to r&d programs is as much of a problem as its lack of resources.

Yes,I wouldnt put the whole blame on the government and the lack of resources,the airforce seems to have a lot of problems when it comes to focusing on what it should be spending its remaining resources on,for instance many programs are started but either go nowhere or are never completed apart from a couple of prototypes/examples,such as the f14m program of which only 2 examples were completed.Theres also the airforces seeming fixation on the f5 and the amount of resources and effort that have been expended on programs to attempt local production of it.
So I think the airforces lack of direction when it comes to r&d programs is as much of a problem as its lack of resources.

our air force should make a decisive desion and retire junks like F-7 , Mirage F1 ( which is useless for us ) , Mig 23/27 , Su-22 ( which they gave them to IRGC ) , Su-24 and then focus on replace out dated battle worned F-5 with Kowsar/Saegheh to reduce the maintain problem and this logistical nightmare ...
then they have to parralled plane .... upgrade current fleet ( F14 and Mig 29 and in some ext and F-4 ) and make new multi role plane to replace old plane ....

if we can buy 120 Su-30 or Mig-35 , we can keep F-4 and Mig-29 and Su-24 in reserve and focus only on upgrading F-14 and making 4++ fighter with stealth capability ...

if Russians didn't withdraw from Shafagh program , by now we could have almost 200 Shafagh and completely retire f-7 , F-5 , F-4 , Mig 29 , Mig 23/27 , Su-24 , Su 22 , Mirgage F-1 and have a lot option in front of us ....

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iran-fighter-jet-project.211400/

the funny part is back in 2012 , I said same thing

Iran fighter jet project

such a shame, shafaq was a promising platform:
48~1.jpg

unbelievable
Thelmmortal still says anything and understands absolutely nothing to the Iranian army and even less to the air force. You will soon see that he says anything and that the Kowsar is a more surprising fighter than he thinks. But I love that he underestimates Iran, it's a good sign lolll

:dance3:

Any update on F-313 (Qaher) fighter jet? If videos of that plane taking off and landing can be released, it would put many charges thrown at Iran fighter jet development to rest. But it is possible Iranian military leaders are tight-lipped on that project: They may want their adversaries to be second-guessing them.

unbelievable
Thelmmortal still says anything and understands absolutely nothing to the Iranian army and even less to the air force. You will soon see that he says anything and that the Kowsar is a more surprising fighter than he thinks. But I love that he underestimates Iran, it's a good sign lolll

Well there is B-92 project and as I understand some Shafaq technology will be used for that project
If i'm not wrong, the Borhan "B92" is an evolution of Shafaq project and still in development. I don't understand why some say it is "such a shame", the project hasn't been put into trash, it's still alive

Iran’s biggest mistake was not signing a licensing deal for RD-33. It would have put the aerospace program ahead decades.
indeed. seems like they didn't expect russians to leave the project.

unbelievable

he is iranian too.

Any update on F-313 (Qaher) fighter jet? If videos of that plane taking off and landing can be released, it would put many charges thrown at Iran fighter jet development to rest. But it is possible Iranian military leaders are tight-lipped on that project: They may want their adversaries to be second-guessing them.
some people saw a black plane flying around isfahan. also during the anniversary of revolution some people in eghtedar-40 exhibition stated that f-313 has been moved to mehrabad airport for it's first official flight but as you can remember US sabotaged our two space launches so i guess f-313 not flying has something to do with those. i am not sure but it seems like there is a connection.

Well there is B-92 project and as I understand some Shafaq technology will be used for that project
they said that the borhan project is ready to mass production if a foreign nation accepts to finance it we will produce for them. thats the polite way to say the project failed.

If i'm not wrong, the Borhan "B92" is an evolution of Shafaq project and still in development. I don't understand why some say it is "such a shame", the project hasn't been put into trash, it's still alive
borhan compared to shafaq is inferior. shafaq shared many components with mig-35 but borhan...

Iran’s biggest mistake was not signing a licensing deal for RD-33. It would have put the aerospace program ahead decades.
That still would`ve only given you one quarter of a fighter program tho.You would`ve still had to develop the airframe the avionics and the weapons,and honestly based on its past performance I dont think that the airforce would`ve been even remotely up to the task involved,I mean even today its still doesnt seem to be up to it even with its current attempt to indigenously produce an apparently slightly upgraded f5.

some people saw a black plane flying around isfahan. also during the anniversary of revolution some people in eghtedar-40 exhibition stated that f-313 has been moved to mehrabad airport for it's first official flight but as you can remember US sabotaged our two space launches so i guess f-313 not flying has something to do with those. i am not sure but it seems like there is a connection.
What sabotage? Hajizade rejected that ...

Russian didn't accept to sell RD33 to us and you except us to forced them to sign license production with us !?

We had some plan to replace our f14 engine with engine used in su_27 but it look like Russians didn't cooperate them

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom