What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

You confused what I was talking about. The previous poster referred to Iranians who moved outside Iran as "trash".

No confusion on my part, you are twisting the poster's words. Muhammed45 was referring to Iranians who trash their own nation 24/7, to quote the exact phrase they were reacting to.

I responded "Calling people trash for wanting a better standard of living is pretty ignorant" That is why most people migrate to foreign countries, for the most part to pursue a better standard of living, more / better opportunities, etc

Slight correction: they emigrate because of the subjective assumption that they would find better opportunities abroad. Assumption cultivated and fed by the most resourceful and suffocating propaganda apparatus in the history of mankind.

Also I'm not sure which "violent riots" you're referring to, but the recent 3 month protests only became violent after the mullahs decided to respond with a heavy hand rather than listen to the demands & concerns of young people. Don't try to deny it either because there are countless videos of Iran's security forces using excessive violence against protestors and even bystanders.

No, the opposite is the case: rioters hijacked peaceful protests and began attacking law enforcement and damaging property, thus prompting a legitimate response from authorities dong their duty to restore public order and safety.

The term "mullahs" is meaningless in this context, the immense majority of clerics in Iran are apolitical and do not partake in government affairs.

Iran only has "enemies" because the mullahs have created so many enemies for purely ideological reasons.

Incorrect, imperialist powers are enemies to all free nations, considering their systematic policies of subjugation, oppression and exploitation. Since the rise of Anglo-zionist imperialism, which subjected Iranians to genocide during WW1, the Iranian nation has had mortal enemies to face. And the Islamic Republic has succeeded in repelling said enemies and in shielding Iran from their most grievous acts of mischief.

In regards to Iran being torn apart, that's just fear mongering and scare tactics.

It's a perfectly valid expectation grounded in observable facts, and a practical certitude.

The Qajars in their dying days were saying the same nonsense.

Had it not been for the British empire's change of mind in 1921, when it chose to install a centralized dictatorship in Tehran rather than to continue backing the separatist chieftains it was propping up hitherto, Iran would most likely have been dismantled.

But what happened then has no incidence on the present day scenario.

The truth is Iran has existed for thousands of years and despite being conquered several times, has always reemerged as a united national entity.

This is a decidedly weak contention, which offers no explanation at all as to how exactly Iran would be supposed to survive the onslaught that would inevitably to ensue, with all ground realities pointing to the opposite. Lots of historic constants more enduring than Iran have eventually met their end. The longevity of the Iranian state to date provides no guarantee that it will withstand every type of plot no matter what, especially when the determination and effective power of the adversary is unprecedented. Iran hasn't been up against a foe as redoubtable committed to the aim of terminating her nationhood and civilization. Banking on some vague hope that Iran will be lucky again because she is an ancient state, would be nothing short of suicidal under these circumstances.

Here's how the truth presents itself:

1) Iran is in the crosshairs of the zio-American empire.

2) The empire's agenda is to split Iran along "ethno"-linguistic lines.

3) Every relevant oppositionist organization in exile is endorsing the zionist-dictated program of "ethnic" federalization, a semantic euphemism as well as a springboard towards territorial disintegration. Every relevant oppositionist organization is seen collaborating with "ethno"-separatist grouplets, including armed ones.

4) The very same agenda has been implemented by those imperial powers across multiple nations of the broader neighborhood. Precedents are there for everyone to see, from Iraq to Syria via Libya and Sudan. Out of all these countries, Iran in the eyes of the zionists and NATO is the ultimate prize. Iran has been challenging their interests with far greater intensity and success than any of the nations they wrecked could have hoped. They went to lengths to have the aforementioned destroyed, sure as hell they are not going to harbor the slightest second thoughts about pulling out all the stops to incinerate Iran from ground up the moment they get a chance to do so. And hypothetical collapse of Iranian government structures would provide such a chance par excellence.

The mulalhs want everyone to believe that Iran will fall apart without them, but it's not true. Iran is not going anywhere.

Iran will be ripped into pieces and Iranian nationhood and civilization will cease to exist in the event of a collapse of central state authority.

Zionist- and American-funded oppositionists try to suggest otherwise since their patrons' goal is to encourage Iranians to rush towards their own demise. Just as they did to Iraqis. To Syrians. To Libyans. The list is long.

Even assuming a third are living below the poverty line,

There's nothing to assume. Figures from non-authoritative sources are devoid of credibility, it's quite simple.

that is extremely dire. That means 1 out of every 3 Iranians are now living in abject poverty.

No it means they're classified as poor. "Abject" is a gratuitous qualification thrown in to play on emotions, an un-scientific and biased procedure.

You say it's temporary but we all know that's not true. Iran's economy has been on a downwards spiral for decades now. It didn't start with Rohani and it won't end with Raesi.

That's patently false. After the victory of the Islamic Revolution poverty decreased remarkably. Neither poverty nor inflation have evolved in a linear manner over the past decades. Rather, they experienced periodic fluctuations and the same will unfold in the foreseeable future.

You say it's temporary and it will be fixed, but there's no indication that the government has the will or capability to fix it. They didn't even have a contingency plan when the currency recently plummeted. The Russians did have a contingency plans & using common sense policies quickly stabilized their economy. The government in Iran hasn't done anything.

The government has and is pursuing policies to this effect. However there is a debate going on between competing factions holding influence over the administration's decision making, as to what economic strategy will best address the issue of inflation. This has somewhat complicated the finalization of a comprehensive action plan by the government. It's the outcome of said debate which will determine the government's policies.

People unfamiliar with this aspect are insufficiently informed to pass judgement on the administration's performance in this regard.

In the last 10 years, the only time Iran's inflation came close to single digits was when the sanctions were briefly lifted under the nuclear deal. As long as Iran cannot openly trade with the rest of the world, Iran will remain impoverished, and the economy will continue to remain on life support.

Inflation in Iran is not caused by the fact that the trade volume between Iran and western countries is limited, nor by USA-imposed sanctions.

Furthermore the quoted narrative is incoherent, seeing how it just contradicted its previous assessment about Russia.

According to economists and analysts, Iran has all the ingredients to be as successful as countries like Germany or Canada.

Not serious economists and analysts.

Iran has a young, educated population.

So do multiple developing nations other than Iran.

Moreover no, Iran's population is ageing at a sustained pace.

Also these two factors on their own are far from sufficient to generate very high GDP.

Iran is one of the most resource rich countries on the planet.

Keep repeating already debunked slogans, I will be here to deconstruct them anew. Natural resources, especially energy, do not necessarily represent an opportunity. On the contrary, abundance of oil resources is considered to be an impediment to economic development, as illustrated by the Dutch Disease model.

Iran is geographically perfectly situated for trade between east and west and could be a top tourist destination.

Trade corridors through Iran are active and in the process of being expanded.

As for tourism, I don't really need to enumerate the countless cases of impoverished tourist destinations.

Iran has all the potential in the world but cannot live up to that potential unless it can openly trade with the rest of the world.

"Trade" per se has nothing much to do with any of this.

I can't take you seriously now. This honestly made me laugh out loud.

It's not me, but UN-supplied data you're laughing at.

More importantly, it highlights your unfamiliarity with the topic at hand as well as the superficiality of cliché-laden outlooks.

China is currently the most industrialized country in the world, surpassing the USA. Their progress in recent decades is unprecedented. They are the number one trading partner of over 100 nations globally. Unlike Iran they trade openly with the rest of the world and unlike Iran, China is living up to its full or atleast close to its full economic potential. China has a population fo 1.4 billion people and are currently light years ahead of Iran in the economy sphere.

And yet, China ranks beneath Iran in terms of HDI. Which is not exempt of significance.

According to you, GDP, GDP per capita, the Rials rapid depreciation against every currency in the world, minimum wage in Iran being as a measly $100 a month, $3 a day, none of that matters in the slightest when it comes to judging an economy. Any metric that disproves your narrative, you try to dismiss or downplay in one way or the other.

I point to verifiable and established facts, namely that Iran's macro-economic indicators such as employment rate, balance of trade, balance of payments, budget balance, debt levels etc are satisfactory for the most part. I underscore there's no stagflation happening.

What this implies, is that the Iranian economy isn't suffering the devastating structural crisis western- and zionist-sponsored propaganda outlets pretend it is.

Your argument on the other hand basically boils down to a single issue that is inflation. When it comes to wages, citing them in US dollars is misleading when the prices of common consumer goods aren't mentioned, given that these are far inferior to western norms as well.

You also try to dismiss the ease of doing business index because it's from "western" sources

I dismiss it in conjunction with another reason you chose to obfuscate: it is a deeply subjective evaluation. Indexes such these aren't based on readily measurable metrics therefore they are fundamentally questionable.

but when it comes to the HDI, which is also derived from "western sources" btw, Iran is ahead of China by what a truly insignificant 0.006, then to you that is surely proof of Iran's economic prowess ? Not to mention that China has a population of 1.4 billion and

Unlike the so-called "Ease of Doing Business Index", data used to calculate a country's HDI essentially consists of concretely quantifiable items.

The HDI is published by the UN Development Programme. While western powers do have sway over the UN, all this does is to confirm Iran's high state of development because western regimes have zero interest in overvaluing the Islamic Republic's achievements. So this too is working against your claims.

that metric was from 2021 before Iran's currently recently lost half of its value.

Won't impact the HDI in a meaningful way.

The Rial went from 20 to 70 in 54 years under Pahlavi. Under Islamic Republic it's gone from around 70 to 500,000 now. You do the math on that. It's mind boggling. Again at the start of the Pahlavi dynasty, Iran was an agrarian, feudal society. Those are factors that can't be ignored.

Under the former regime the rial became over-valued as a result of oil windfall, which is profoundly detrimental to the economy. Nominal exchange rates don't tell the whole story.

You can believe whatever you want but Iran cannot reach its full economic potential unless it can openly trade with the rest of the world.

Inoperative off-topic response to the historical facts I shared. Also repeating a fallacy over and over won't make it more accurate.

China was pretty much impoverished until they opened up their economy and now they're prospering. Before they opened up, their economy was on par with some poor African nations.

The groundwork for China's development was laid during chairman Mao's time.

Plus China's geopolitical setting is very different from Iran's. In China's vicinity, there is no settler entity bent on exerting regional hegemony while wielding disproportional influence over USA policy.

Just compare North Korea to the South. The North is sanctioned and impoverished while the south ihas a flourishing, vibrant economy admired the world over.

South Korea also has one of the least dynamic demographies and one of the highest suicide rates in the world. Seems like its "flourishing, vibrant economy" is not exactly suited to induce enthusiasm about life.

Not to mention Seoul's effective lack of sovereignty, which no amount of material affluence can ever make up for.

Last edited:
Gentlemen ..This is IRIAF thread please move political discussions in the Chill thread.
K2.jpg

Kowsar II !!!.. there was an interview with head of IEI few weeks ago about new avionics subsystems..nothing was shown but had a lot of info (few pages back in this thread)..I wonder if you still think IRIAF will produce Kowsar II as the main production items and all the remaining fuselages that we saw in the production line are indeed the Kowsar II..!!

Does anyone knows if the bottom picture depicting the "iranian F-20" is recent, or just an older one? I do have pictures of that concept in the blueish camo. That concept must be what, almost 20 years old now?

this plastic model means nothing but there is undoubtedly a Kowsar-II in the making. The airframe is changed and I hope the avionics and nav-comm too. Kowsar-I was already at 4.0 generation with its modern radar, EW-Suite, and FBW so Kowsar-II could be a better product altogether in the light fighter category to supplement SU-35S and whatever the wingmen version of unmanned F-313 will be in the future. Right now that role is somewhat being filled by Karrar. I heard there was some rumor of Karrar being used as an interceptor.

Fo-Nr-E2i-WQAIhlb9.jpg

Kowsar II !!!.. there was an interview with head of IEI few weeks ago about new avionics subsystems..nothing was shown but had a lot of info (few pages back in this thread)..I wonder if you still think IRIAF will produce Kowsar II as the main production items and all the remaining fuselages that we saw in the production line are indeed the Kowsar II..!!

Pic is Kowsar-I

HESA showed the assembly line again a few weeks ago I guess when they told us about the Ti sheets being manufactured inside Iran again. I believe Kowsar-II will be nothing but a mildly modified Kowsar-I airframe with LEX if we go by the satellite imagery of the craft I posted above. The real upgrade will be electronics. The HMD (SAIRAN makes this), HOTAS, probably AESA radar, CCV FBW since Kowsar currently has limited FBW, and integration of a light BVR missile are the areas to look into. The plane is already a small RCS and all it needs is a 4+ avionics suite and we can have a low-cost CAP to supplement the Sukhois.

Last edited:
A question ?
Which Sukhoi exactly ?
The ones that were supposed to land in Iran in just one week ?

In fairness when the recent Su-35 arrival story started (after the fake landing story), the initial news source said it will be "several weeks", which then some outlets made it "next week". Though the wait to see whichever way is excruciating for an aviation buff like me. I can't really recall if it was the same when the S-300 arrived.

DrMeson, do you have reliable info that this is indeed a done deal? And also when is the next time Iran might show aviation related achievements, presumably they show stuff for certain occassions/anniversaries, or is it more or less random?

In fairness when the recent Su-35 arrival story started (after the fake landing story), the initial news source said it will be "several weeks", which then some outlets made it "next week". Though the wait to see whichever way is excruciating for an aviation buff like me. I can't really recall if it was the same when the S-300 arrived.

We have to consider the Russian situation here. They are fighting an elongated war against half of the world, offcourse the production or whatever upgrade/training package IRIAF/IRGCAF may have asked from them will take time.

Knowing Russian-Iranian arms procurement history like Rafsanjani's failed 72 MIG-29 + 24 MIG-31 deal that Moscow could not fulfill or the S-300 fiasco a decade ago, I would not be too surprised if the transfer faces delay because Moscow might be eyeing a favor from whoever is displeased with Iranian acquisition of these jets.

DrMeson, do you have reliable info that this is indeed a done deal? And also when is the next time Iran might show aviation related achievements, presumably they show stuff for certain occassions/anniversaries, or is it more or less random?

I have no inside scoop, so my guess is just good as anyone else's. IRIAF is bad with media PR and showcasing its capabilities. They are the weakest bunch among every other Iranian military branch, far behind the navy let alone IRGC's aerospace force. There are bunch of reasons like lack of funds, political distrust, ego-driven small cult groups (F-7, Mirages, F-5 are still flying).

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom