What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

And?

What list?

No.
So what do u call it acc to western norms 4th or 3th gen AC?

And?

What list?

No.

It has some combat equipment but combat is not the intended role. The Yak-130 has a similar role.
Means ground attack?
Well baradr mann yek jayee shaneedam az sarhang nero havae kah iran ba pakistan wa china shubat kard morod e jf 17?

And?

What list?

No.

It has some combat equipment but combat is not the intended role. The Yak-130 has a similar role.
In the list of mig 29;)

3rd generation, though since it's a trainer it isn't going up against F-22s.

Yes.

There is no truth in this.

...and?
Obv It wont go up against F 22 but what would be ur answer to F 22, F35 , F 15 SE , F 16 blk 60 ?

iran showing saba 248 in 17 esfand mean 7 mar 2017

tomorrow

Modernisation is slow, but we have sufficient deterrence until we modernise.
Amir, i have an idea. We will develop Saeqeh-3 no doubt but we can replace F-4s and F-5s with third generation of JF-17. Pak has enough infrastructures so that we could ask them twin engined JF-17s. It can be capable of replacing old F-4-5s and due to it's low RC, i will like this happens. Our investment can help JF-17 to become a legendary fighter jet. What do you think about that?
Twin engined JF-17 with AESA radar. @SOHEIL can you design it, twin engined JF-17?
What is your idea @tps77 ?

Amir, i have an idea. We will develop Saeqeh-3 no doubt but we can replace F-4s and F-5s with third generation of JF-17. Pak has enough infrastructures so that we could ask them twin engined JF-17s. It can be capable of replacing old F-4-5s and due to it's low RC, i will like this happens. Our investment can help JF-17 to become a legendary fighter jet. What do you think about that?
Twin engined JF-17 with AESA radar. @SOHEIL can you design it, twin engined JF-17?
What is your idea @tps77 ?

There will be no more Saeqes and the Jf-17 is useless for Iran. It's basically a poor man's F-16.
SU-30's can be a temporary solution for Iran but even that is not enough. We're in a transitional period now where nations are starting to develop or import 5th gen fighters.

Iran must start to invest in 5th gen planes. Start a co-development for such planes etc. Even UAE stated interest in such a thing with Russia recently. I can live with the su-30, but Iran investing in anything else other than 5th gen tech is an extremely bad waste of cash.

There will be no more Saeqes and the Jf-17 is useless for Iran. It's basically a poor man's F-16.
What Iran needs is replacement for its legendary F-14's. SU-30's can be a temporary solution but even that is not enough. We're in a transitional period now where nations are starting to develop or import 5th gen fighters.

Iran must start to invest in 5th gen planes. Start a co-development for such planes etc. Even UAE stated interest in such a thing with Russia recently. I can live with the su-30, but Iran investing in anything else other than 5th gen tech is an extremely bad waste of cash.
It's AESA version will not be useless bro, believe me. Our scientists are ready to cooperate with their **** counterparts.
I was speaking of F-4-5s not F-14. Even SU-30's variants are not capable of fulfilling it's absence. I can put my faith in SM version but still not enough to replace the F-14s. As you said we need a 5th generation fighter jet homemade or Russian tech both are available for us.
I like third generation of JF-17 to replace F-4-5s. Likely it's twin engined versions

It's AESA version will not be useless bro, believe me. Our scientists are ready to cooperate with their **** counterparts.
I was speaking of F-4-5s not F-14. Even SU-30's variants are not capable of fulfilling it's absence. I can put my faith in SM version but not still not enough to replace the F-14s. As you said we need a 5th generation fighter jet homemade or Russian tech both are available for us.
I like third generation of JF-17 to replace F-4-5s. Likely it's twin engined versions

SU-30's can replace F-14, F-5 and F-4. The F-5 was not a very good plane to begin with, if one looks at the Iran-Iraq war, that becomes apparent. Jf-17 is a simple waste of cash bro. Why spend money on that when that money can go elsewhere? Remember bro, Iran even rejected the J-10, nevermind the Jf-17.

The problem is, even if we received the SU-30's tomorrow, their usefulness would not last for more than a decade. They will provide only a very temporary solution. Iran needs to :

1)Think about purchasing the PAK-FA and see if Russians will allow any level of tech transfer.
2) Start own Co-development of a 5th gen plane with foreign aid, preferably the Russians.

What happens beyond 5th gen remains to be seen, perhaps 6th gen will mostly be unmanned. Iran is already in a very good position for unmanned system, we must not lose our momentum in this sector.

SU-30's can replace F-14, F-5 and F-4. The F-5 was not a very good plane to begin with, if one looks at the Iran-Iraq war, that becomes apparent. Jf-17 is a simple waste of cash bro. Why spend money on that when that money can go elsewhere? Remember bro, Iran even rejected the J-10, nevermind the Jf-17.

The problem is, even if we received the SU-30's tomorrow, their usefulness would not last for more than a decade. They will provide only a very temporary solution. Iran needs to :

1)Think about purchasing the PAK-FA and see if Russians will allow any level of tech transfer.
2) Start own Co-development of a 5th gen plane with foreign aid, preferably the Russians.

What happens beyond 5th gen remains to be seen, perhaps 6th gen will mostly be unmanned. Iran is already in a very good position for unmanned system, we must not lose our momentum in this sector.
There is some evidence that Iran has already purchased SU-50. :::
pak-fa.jpg

Anyway i think that JF-17 has a good platform to replace the old American fighters like F-4-5s or Chinese F-7s or Russian SU-24-25s. More importantly it can help a Muslim country to develop better fighters, my intentions are not only based on superiority of that fighter compared to it's American and Russian similar aircrafts.

Back
Top Bottom