What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

as you see no weapon only for show they can't even be used as radar as their radars is too weak
The sad irony is that the f1 probably had more potential for upgrading than the f5 does.
Another interesting possibility would be to consider resurrecting a couple of the [7?] iraqi supplied mig-25s and using them as test carriers/launchers for aero-ballistic versions of the fateh 313/kalije fars/raad 500 missiles.Sort of an iranian MIG31K/kinzhal equivalent.
this would also have the additional advantage of giving the iriaf a slice of the ballistic missile pie as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Pakistani-US trade must already be at a pretty insignificant level and there's not much more they can do
Trade is irrelevant. As long as the dollar is world's reserve currency all countries except China will remain vulnerable to US sanctions.

China has made huge advancement in every field of aviation but to operate a fighter like J-10 you need at least 200-400 of them to completely cover Iranian airspace. We don't have such a deep pocket, that's why Iran is looking for a twin engine long range multi role fighter jet. One SU-35 can do the job of at least 3 to 4 of J-10 fighters. Issue is cost-effectiveness not quality or something like that.

Pakistan cannot keep its airspace safe without Chinese financial assistance. Iran will face the same problem if purchases a fighter jet like J-10. End of story.

The sad irony is that the f1 probably had more potential for upgrading than the f5 does.
Another interesting possibility would be to consider resurrecting a couple of the [7?] iraqi supplied mig-25s and using them as test carriers/launchers for aero-ballistic versions of the fateh 313/kalije fars/raad 500 missiles.Sort of an iranian MIG31K/kinzhal equivalent.
this would also have the additional advantage of giving the iriaf a slice of the ballistic missile pie as well.
if they have been deposited in suitable places, in today's geopolitical situation bringing Mig-25s back to life could be facilitated directly with the help of the Russians.

It seems to me that RCS measurements using software and 3D models have recently become the sole measure of stealth.
For example, such analysis suggests that the F-35 has extreme stealth characteristics, such as -40db.

In reality, however, the RCS is far from the theoretical value.
For example, Karrar should have almost the same RCS as Tomahawk, which is rumored to have an RCS of -10 to -20db, due to its shape and size,
However, the actual RCS of Karrar was found to be 2.1db, based on the video footage of the Bavar-373 exercise.

mC8eWou.png

A Japanese government study of various drones, such as the DIJ, found their RCS to be -10db to -20db.
The -20db value was measured for a very small micro drone.
Micro-drones are generally considered to be more difficult targets to detect than stealth fighters.

For reference, the micro drone (E) in the photo above has a measured value of -19.1db in the KU band.
The measured value of the bionic bird in (F) is -23db to -25db.
This value should be slightly lower than that of the X band, but it should serve as a reference.

I would like to ask you, do you think it is possible for a stealth fighter to have a shorter detection range than (F) man-made birds?
Maybe the (F) artificial bird is almost undetectable even in Israel?

In fact, the U.S., South Korea, Israel, and other countries often allow micro drones to penetrate their territory.
We believe that the social networking discussion is being driven by U.S. propaganda, and that the figures are overstated, which is highly unlikely.

For example, Japanese airport safety standards for radar that can detect a foreign object of a few centimeters rolling on the runway without clutter noise are
The radar must be capable of detecting objects of -20db.
Which is a more difficult target, a few centimeter object rolling on the runway (i.e., Doppler shift is 0!) or a micro drone?
Naturally, it is a foreign object of a few centimeters on the runway. Of course it is a more difficult target than a stealth fighter!

I hope you know that the numbers on social networking sites and reality are far apart.
The above Japanese safety standards are not fantasy, but legal reality.

Last edited:
I don’t understand Farsi but was that training console for the yasin, if they have training cockpit developed for it assuming yasin s are going to be coming out in numbers soon, if that’s what it was.

Not true. Iran has training cockpits/simulators for several planes.

I don’t think Yasin will get produced in anymore numbers than Kowsar-I has.

I don’t understand Farsi but was that training console for the yasin, if they have training cockpit developed for it assuming yasin s are going to be coming out in numbers soon, if that’s what it was.
He is talking about how they saved making two prototypes of Yasin during its design by bullilding a full scale physical model of the aircraft to test real aircraft subsystem and integrated them together " it is called Iron bird" Parallel to iron bird they developed a high-fidelity dynamic simulation of the aircraft to test all the flight behavior of the design..combined they were able to by pass making two prototypes and managed to go directly to build the first Pre-Production unit that was unvailed...so this simulation is not for pilot traing it is an engineering simulation.

He is talking about how they saved making two prototypes of Yasin during its design by bullilding a full scale physical model of the aircraft to test real aircraft subsystem and integrated them together " it is called Iron bird" Parallel to iron bird they developed a high-fidelity dynamic simulation of the aircraft to test all the flight behavior of the design..combined they were able to by pass making two prototypes and managed to go directly to build the first Pre-Production unit that was unvailed...so this simulation is not for pilot traing it is an engineering simulation.
Well it can be repurposed/used for training.

Iran should somehow get into one of these Russian new development projects even as a junior partner and Iran can bring in cash and some partnership in technology so that we actually bring something to the table.

Same as Satellites we can shorten our development time and they can use a partner.. we can also reserve a seat when it goes into actual production:unsure:..

Back
Top Bottom