What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Why Iran doesn't go on a standard color for their fleet instead of splinter cell colors on their fighters? Like nearly all countries in the world got grey or black as standard color, more professional and easier to sort, they should also use make a standard glass for the cockpits, as today only Russia uses splinter cell paint kits for their fighters along with Iran

Why Iran doesn't go on a standard color for their fleet instead of splinter cell colors on their fighters? Like nearly all countries in the world got grey or black as standard color, more professional and easier to sort, they should also use make a standard glass for the cockpits, as today only Russia uses splinter cell paint kits for their fighters along with Iran
its supposed to make the airplanes when flying low (near ground) more invisible to the eye of the enemy pilots who fly at higher altitude , the desert color Iran is using is more suitable for middle east the one Russia is using is more suitable for winter in east Europe.

but i agree if they want to keep that camo its better only paint top of the aircraft with that and paint lower half something that make the airplane blend more with background sky

request: do you have any sources to attach, or is it your personal consideration?
thanks for a possible answer
It has no advantage over Kowsar and it competes for same engines and a lot of other resources. I think its v stab has an advantage where a student pilot can get out of a spin and the bigger canopy is better for students but that's about it.
It would be a good export item potentially, but even then an export version of Kowsar might still be better.
Years ago someone posted the steps needed train from a cesna to heavy fighter; does a p[pilot need to go from a Beechcraft to yasin to kowsar to tomcat/su35 or can a pilot go from beechcraft to kowsar and then something heavy?

It has no advantage over Kowsar and it competes for same engines and a lot of other resources. I think its v stab has an advantage where a student pilot can get out of a spin and the bigger canopy is better for students but that's about it.
It would be a good export item potentially, but even then an export version of Kowsar might still be better.
Years ago someone posted the steps needed train from a cesna to heavy fighter; does a p[pilot need to go from a Beechcraft to yasin to kowsar to tomcat/su35 or can a pilot go from beechcraft to kowsar and then something heavy?
thanks for the reply, but I must point out that these are still personal considerations, certainly also partly acceptable, but always personal.
In my question I asked "sources" official sources were implied.
However interesting your point of view on the subject.
In any case, the Kowsar remains, even if improved, a clone of the F-5 and a possible export would see the interested states suffer the ire of the Northrop heir who holds the original patent and consequently of the USA, therefore very difficult that it is possible check for a possible export.
Instead the Yasin, even if at the moment the engine is a clone of the J-85, looks like a completely Iranian project, has its own original silhouette and the project could grow further to be able to carry out different missions, from training to close air support, both in two-seater and possibly single-seater version.
Could it be of interest to some nation?
Difficult to answer, but some names are spinning in my head, it is important that it is reliable and logistically well supported in the after sales.
It would certainly be a win for the Iranian aviation industry and its engineers and technicians

In any case, the Kowsar remains, even if improved, a clone of the F-5 and a possible export would see the interested states suffer the ire of the Northrop heir who holds the original patent and consequently of the USA, therefore very difficult that it is possible check for a possible export.
our deal with Northrop over F-5 allow us producing the airplane , also the plane may look similar to f5 but it actually is longer

our deal with Northrop over F-5 allow us producing the airplane , also the plane may look similar to f5 but it actually is longer
I was not aware of this permit-license, but having permission from Northrop to make it (for Iran) is a different matter than having permission to export it to third countries, so you should always have permission not only from heir of Northrop, but also of the USA which holds the legal key to grant or prohibit the export permit.
Certainly Iran may not be interested in receiving the permit, the problem will be for any customers who could suffer the ire of the USA (sanctions, embargoes, blocking and confiscation of bank accounts, etc.), alternatively they are the Iranian upgrades for F- 5 that could be supplied to countries that still have them on line or in stock (for example Venezuela-Vietnam) and possibly provide for the reconstruction to bring them back to zero flight hours.
While the Yasin is an Iranian patent to be offered without problems to friendly countries.

I was not aware of this permit-license, but having permission from Northrop to make it (for Iran) is a different matter than having permission to export it to third countries, so you should always have permission not only from heir of Northrop, but also of the USA which holds the legal key to grant or prohibit the export permit.
Certainly Iran may not be interested in receiving the permit, the problem will be for any customers who could suffer the ire of the USA (sanctions, embargoes, blocking and confiscation of bank accounts, etc.), alternatively they are the Iranian upgrades for F- 5 that could be supplied to countries that still have them on line or in stock (for example Venezuela-Vietnam) and possibly provide for the reconstruction to bring them back to zero flight hours.
While the Yasin is an Iranian patent to be offered without problems to friendly countries.
if the internal component is different and the size of airplane is different , I wonder on what ground USA want to complain about the aircraft
general shape of it , like apple rounded rectangle patent ?

if the internal component is different and the size of airplane is different , I wonder on what ground USA want to complain about the aircraft
general shape of it , like apple rounded rectangle patent ?
as I wrote the problem is not if Iran wants to sell Kowsar (aka F-5) on the contrary I think it does not care to have the permission of the USA, the problem of the USA would be posed to the nation that could be interested in buying the Kowsar, on these could fall the wrath of the USA.
Therefore, any sale of the newly built Kowsar could only be directed to countries already subject to US sanctions and embargoes - nations that would not matter if the US put more sanctions.

I just looked at images of Su-25 and I think Yasin would benefit from such landing gear then Yasin could carry heavier payload on wings than Kowsar.

thanks for the reply, but I must point out that these are still personal considerations, certainly also partly acceptable, but always personal.
In my question I asked "sources" official sources were implied.
However interesting your point of view on the subject.
I guess a factor for Yasin vs Kowsar being used by IRIAF or other air forces is what stepping stones are there for pilots to train before getting on a heavy fighter. Yasin does have some features better suited for training more novice pilots whereas Kowsar was always called an advanced trainer, one step before graduating to a tomcat or SU35.
Does an air force need both types or can a pilot leap from a beechcraft type plane to kowsar. Yasin does have a bigger canopy view and its tail was said to help a pilot get out of a spin or something, so maybe both planes are needed (or a limited number of yasins with more kowsars) in some cases.

I guess a factor for Yasin vs Kowsar being used by IRIAF or other air forces is what stepping stones are there for pilots to train before getting on a heavy fighter. Yasin does have some features better suited for training more novice pilots whereas Kowsar was always called an advanced trainer, one step before graduating to a tomcat or SU35.
Does an air force need both types or can a pilot leap from a beechcraft type plane to kowsar. Yasin does have a bigger canopy view and its tail was said to help a pilot get out of a spin or something, so maybe both planes are needed (or a limited number of yasins with more kowsars) in some cases.
by spin if you mean flat spin i like to see a pilot manage to take F-5 into flat spin

by spin if you mean flat spin i like to see a pilot manage to take F-5 into flat spin
It was some special feature about the tail that was mentioned when it was first unveiled years ago. Not sure what exactly, just that it is well suited for more novice pilots.

(An answer to some of the problems raised above)
If we look at some of the products that Iran has shown and announced that they are manufactured locally and by its experts and engineers, I think that it is capable of:
(not at once)
1- Iran can design and manufacture the airframe and paint as appropriate
2- it can make BVR missiles with seeker and tracker etc
3- It can make avionics and electronics
4- Take-off and landing system and automatic control of the wings
But it can not manufacture the medium and heavy-duty turbofan engine with its power
Other things noted in Iran's capabilities can be added

what you suggest mil-28 , ka-52. if you want to buy helicopters in size of AH-1j or the ones who play that role why bother , just buy the engine and build the rest .
don't iran already claim it produce Panha 2091 (IAIO toofan) in 2010 and in 2013 claimed and improved version called IAIO Toofan II
if you mean utility helicopters , we produce Shabaviz 2-75 which is a copy of bell 214c and Shabaviz 206-1 which is copy of bell-206 and we have Shahed-278 and Saba-248
if you want light attack helicopter we have shahed-285

so as I said it remain what type of helicopters , if its something in class of CH-47 or Mil-26 that will be a nice welcome for our army

this post may be of help
I think that Iran can get a helicopter industry with capabilities similar to the Venom and Viper
And that's all you need
And if it’s made or re-engineered ch-53 that would be very cool

4- Take-off and landing system and automatic control of the wings
But it can not manufacture the medium and heavy-duty turbofan engine with its power
Other things noted in Iran's capabilities can be added
When it comes to engines in recent years knowledge is not an issue but it seems choosing the main path from now on is the main problem since resources are limited.

for example in civilian path you need extremely reliable engine which requires easy maintenance and uses least amount of fuel.

In military path sometimes you need to push engine to the max but since you have expertise in your army you may sacrifice easy maintenance here.
index.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom