What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Does it make the engine or just refurbish it from an existing Cobra?

Iran’s problem in terms of building a new attack helicopter (or heavy attack helicopter) has been the engine. Even Turkey imports that

Also what happened to the National Helicopter Project? Haven’t heard anything ever since they finally unveiled the finished prototype.
Most likely refurbished engines or engines bought in black market...the importance of "gunships" is some what reduced by the more capable drones..no news on national helicopter.

Most likely refurbished engines or engines bought in black market...the importance of "gunships" is some what reduced by the more capable drones..no news on national helicopter.

Massive smuggling rings have been pointed out in the literature on Engine parts for Helicopters, RD-33, J79, and TF30 in past.

Newer literature like IISS reports have ceased to mention that anymore, pointing out that smuggling has reduced because of the emerging indigenous capability to produce these parts at home.

The earlier we get rid of the relics the better. I would rather give the money we waste on maintaining F-7N, MIRAGEF1Q, F-5E/F/A/B/R fleet (~150) to HESA to (1) produce some full combat suite wearing ~100 Kowsar (2) Design Kowsar-II with AESA, HOTAS, CF-tanks, low RCS (Shafagh/M-ATF like) to replace Shahi and Soviet-era fighters. An AF made of 300 x 4.0 to 4.5 Generation aircrafts comprising of F-14AM, MIG-29/35, Kowsar-I/II is better than a larger circus of 3rd generation Shahi/Soviet fighters.

Last edited:

I disagree, gunships are what are torching Ukrainian armour and troops and that’s with the Aligator not being properly armed by Russia, many times just firing light rockets alongside limited quantity of PGM.

Iran’s light attack Toophan by comparison has access to an impressive PGM.

A “Iranian super cobra” with armoured body a la SU-25 and A-10 equipped with long range Iranian EO/IO and Iranian tank buster PGM plus anti personnel cluster munitions can wreck havoc during war time.

Gunships def have their place during war time just not against Iran’s biggest foe (USA).

I am tired of these mismanaged clowns in HESA.
HESA didn't choose this An-140. HESA didn't invested billions on this project it was all government decisions.

It was Mr Rafsanjani's deal then Mr Khatami approve it and continued that.I was reading a little bit about history of Iran-140, they blamed first crash on GPS that killed most of their researchers and scientists. and last one is even more fishy Ukrainan pilot left days before accident that killed ~50 people in Isfahan.

Just look at the language of office of Mr Raisy's ......

I mean dude It's not even 48 hours after your boss visit.Next time send someone that his word will remains solid more than 48 hours to talk to industry guys.

Clowns in HESA ?????

Sir, they kept helicopters and fighter jets during Iran-Iraq war and after the war in sky.I'm speechless ..........................................................................

Last edited:
HESA didn't choose this An-140. HESA didn't invested billions on this project it was all government decisions.

It was Mr Rafsanjani's deal then Mr Khatami approve it and continued that.I was reading a little bit about history of Iran-140, they blamed first crash on GPS that killed most of their researchers and scientists. and last one is even more fishy Ukrainan pilot left days before accident that killed ~50 people in Isfahan.

Just look at the language of office of Mr Raisy's ......

I mean dude It's not even 48 hours after your boss visit.Next time send someone that his word will remains solid more than 48 hours to talk to industry guys.

Clowns in HESA ?????

Sir, they kept helicopters and fighter jets during Iran-Iraq war and after the war in sky.I'm speechless ..........................................................................

I well aware of the politics behind Iran-140. The plane has been renewed so comparing it with older designs is futile here.

HESA has achieved a lot as an organization but because of some stupid people were working in it for a period of time, they made some silly claims or the underpresent the real projects. Here are some of the trophies won by IAMI:

- Azarkhash famous PS originated from within the HESA offices.
- Saeqeh = F-18 claims
- Saegheh mass production claims
- Saegheh Export claims
- Premature Qaher concept and mockup unveiling
- Mismanaged presentation of Kowsar which is an actual in-production 4.0 generation fighter jet. Had they presented it properly with avionics, radar, airframe design, owj, fattar separately shown with specs, it would have been a huge deal literally to create such a fighter at home. Instead they went with the same old PR stunt with Rouhani on the ground.

I can go on and on. You can not think of IRGC led organizations doing the same BS. Those men are just different. Only good thing about HESA in recent times is that the biggest clown there called Hassan Parvaneh (Qaher fame) is no longer leading the projects there.

I well aware of the politics behind Iran-140. The plane has been renewed so comparing it with older designs is futile here.

HESA has achieved a lot as an organization but because of some stupid people were working in it for a period of time, they made some silly claims or the underpresent the real projects. Here are some of the trophies won by IAMI:

- Azarkhash famous PS originated from within the HESA offices.
- Saeqeh = F-18 claims
- Saegheh mass production claims
- Saegheh Export claims
- Premature Qaher concept and mockup unveiling
- Mismanaged presentation of Kowsar which is an actual in-production 4.0 generation fighter jet. Had they presented it properly with avionics, radar, airframe design, owj, fattar separately shown with specs, it would have been a huge deal literally to create such a fighter at home. Instead they went with the same old PR stunt with Rouhani on the ground.

I can go on and on. You can not think of IRGC led organizations doing the same BS. Those men are just different. Only good thing about HESA in recent times is that the biggest clown there called Hassan Parvaneh (Qaher fame) is no longer leading the projects there.
Dude these guys are doing 100 things at the same time with resources not even close to 10% of IRGC what are you talking about ???

New helicopters ? go to HESA
Repair old helicopters ? go to HESA
New fighter jets ? go to HESA
Repair old ones from ww1 era, eastern or western designs ? no problem go to HESA
Do you need trainers ? go to HESA
Need new jet engines ? go to HESA
Need civilian airplanes ? go to HESA
Oh we bought fked up design ! No problem give it to HESA
and God knows what else ..........................................

It's logistic cluster fk, pardon my french I am really mad at office guy's statement.

Dude these guys are doing 100 things at the same time with resources not even close to 10% of IRGC what are you talking about ???

New helicopters ? go to HESA
Repair old helicopters ? go to HESA
New fighter jets ? go to HESA
Repair old ones from ww1 era, eastern or western designs ? no problem go to HESA
Do you need trainers ? go to HESA
Need new jet engines ? go to HESA
Need civilian airplanes ? go to HESA
Oh we bought fked up design ! No problem give it to HESA
and God knows what else ..........................................

It's logistic cluster fk, pardon my french I am really mad at office guy's statement.

I guess we are talking of two different things here. You are talking of their accomplishments which I agree with. IAMI is a brilliant organization with projects like.

- A proper combat fighter jet production line
- MALE UCAV programs
- Shahed Series helis
- Trainers
- Transport Iran-140 which will turn into local SIGINT/ELINT/AWACS/Maritime petrol
- Domestic parts production + Overhaul repairs

But does that warrant clownish behavior which I question? Azarakhsh PS, Qaher stunt, Saegheh mass production, childish presentation of Kowsar. Their people are one of the reasons Iranian real combat aviation products did not get the attention for exports, and marketing that they deserve. Take Kowsar for example, they could have come up with a statement that we have a locally built new FBW laced airframe based on the aerodynamics of F-5F because they are great (low RCS, maneuverability), its radar is by IEI called Bayyenat-II, It wears SAIRAN's e-warfare suite, It has IEI built datalink capabilities. How many countries in the world outside few have achieved this? but what they did they do? they started calling it totally indigenous, putting its avionics parts on a Buffet table where the camera rolled over genuine warfare products like they mean nothing. Most of the unveiling revolved around Rouhani lurking around the cockpit. No presentation, media press release by HESA nothing ... Same goes for Qaher which is what other countries have done too, they all came up with mockups of 5th gen fighters, but how many put a pilot inside it and started calling it an in-production product with a RC model flying around? Do you know who was the head of Qaher project? The same joker from HESA who was responsible for Azarakhsh photoshop wing picture. See I am not against HESA, I am against a few stupid people that worked there in that disaster period of 2008-2018. During the same time IRGC-led organizations achieved what, I dont even need to mention. I know I get flak for saying this, but give IRIAF to IRGC today and you will see Kowsar-II in production with AESA flying around with PL-15s while MIGs airframe numbers might even start increasing. That is the way those men operate.

Qaher stunt
that was all on Ahmadinejad government , just like what they did with Hamaseh drone
Azarakhsh PS, Saegheh mass production
there was no Saeqeh mass production and they must learn from something.
Iranian real combat aviation products did not get the attention for exports, and marketing that they deserve.
blame that on sanctions
Most of the unveiling revolved around Rouhani lurking around the cockpit.
not hesa problem , the reporters were handpicked by government
During the same time IRGC-led organizations achieved what, I dont even need to mention. I know I get flak for saying this, but give IRIAF to IRGC today and you will see Kowsar-II in production with AESA flying around with PL-15s while MIGs airframe numbers might even start increasing.
let IRGC first build something then we talk , you gave IRIAF to IRGC and they turn it into IRIDF

I can go on and on. You can not think of IRGC led organizations doing the same BS.

IRGC has cleaned up their act. But they still do stupid things.

Who can forget the “COVID detector rod”? Or the Fotros low quality prototype painted in Iranian flag colors with the equivalent of a Rice cooker underneath it.

IRGC also still does propaganda stunts. But for the most part it’s arms industries has drastically improved the quality and presentation and professionalism of its products. The propaganda stunts are due to people like General Salami who are still within the organization. As the old guard continues to retire and move out we will see the new guard transform the image of IRGC.

Classic Iran🤡

Airliner was a PR move.
I am tired of these mismanaged clowns in HESA.

I try to tell you guys these things, but you don’t listen. You guys rather listen to Baghdad Bob telling you secret planes exist that will overwhelm the enemy during wartime. That Iran is magically hiding it’s fleet of super aircraft and not showing the world.

I guess we are talking of two different things here. You are talking of their accomplishments which I agree with. IAMI is a brilliant organization with projects like.

- A proper combat fighter jet production line
- MALE UCAV programs
- Shahed Series helis
- Trainers
- Transport Iran-140 which will turn into local SIGINT/ELINT/AWACS/Maritime petrol
- Domestic parts production + Overhaul repairs

But does that warrant clownish behavior which I question? Azarakhsh PS, Qaher stunt, Saegheh mass production, childish presentation of Kowsar. Their people are one of the reasons Iranian real combat aviation products did not get the attention for exports, and marketing that they deserve. Take Kowsar for example, they could have come up with a statement that we have a locally built new FBW laced airframe based on the aerodynamics of F-5F because they are great (low RCS, maneuverability), its radar is by IEI called Bayyenat-II, It wears SAIRAN's e-warfare suite, It has IEI built datalink capabilities. How many countries in the world outside few have achieved this? but what they did they do? they started calling it totally indigenous, putting its avionics parts on a Buffet table where the camera rolled over genuine warfare products like they mean nothing. Most of the unveiling revolved around Rouhani lurking around the cockpit. No presentation, media press release by HESA nothing ... Same goes for Qaher which is what other countries have done too, they all came up with mockups of 5th gen fighters, but how many put a pilot inside it and started calling it an in-production product with a RC model flying around? Do you know who was the head of Qaher project? The same joker from HESA who was responsible for Azarakhsh photoshop wing picture. See I am not against HESA, I am against a few stupid people that worked there in that disaster period of 2008-2018. During the same time IRGC-led organizations achieved what, I dont even need to mention. I know I get flak for saying this, but give IRIAF to IRGC today and you will see Kowsar-II in production with AESA flying around with PL-15s while MIGs airframe numbers might even start increasing. That is the way those men operate.
Failure is main part of every Innovation or accomplishment it's impossible to separate these two from each other.when it comes to HESA their success rate compared to their budget is better than good.

I don't understand this public disaster they could cancel trip to HESA or without drama apologies and say we will start such projects at proper time.

Politicians are always want something shiny that no one had something similar to it so they can put it on their vitrine of achievements and practical guys in army are always want easy path to their objectives for it I don't blame practical guys for their tactics which they have been using to get their budgets.

IRGC vs Army comparison is like comparing bag of apples to an orange.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom