What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

What hardpoints, I see only original hard points on those F14, F14 can carry 8 AA missiles thus 2 external fuel tanks... In original configuration, it can carry even 10 probably without AIM 54
Only 6 two under wings and 4 under belly

An F-14 can carry 6x Phoenix missiles but I believe Iran prefers 4x since the more payload, the less range and maneuverability.
Look at underneath of the plane . I hope there is no doubt it can carry 4 under it's belly.

Now look at the wing design it has two part a short fixed part and a bigger moving part.
Simply you can't install anything on moving part . That's why it only can carry 2 missile under it's wing.

Unless you want add an adapter under wing to be able to carry 3 aim-9 instead of one aim-54 or aim-120 or aim-7 on those two pylon which is not applicable to F-14a but introduced with F-14d nontheless
The total number of pylons remain 6

Here is my outlook on future of Air Arms of Iranian forces.

From the looks of it, IRIAF along with IRGCAF will emerge as one of the top 10-12 air arms in the world in the unmanned combat aviation era (2030/35-onwards). We have a large functional MALE-UCAV fleet already including low RCS ones and it's constantly being evolved with the newest and modern most technologies. The deployment itself is getting more diverse with multiple UCAV dedicated bases and underground bunkered bases, forward ocean bases with launching runways. Indigenous ingredients such as single crystal turbofans, 4.0 generation avionics package, modern fire control LD-SD/SAR radars, and all-aspect slim WVR, LR-BVR missiles are there too and they are constantly getting modernized by local companies. It's just when would the companies take this A2A UCAV route is dependent upon when would the demand arise. I am no longer excited to see Shahed-171/191, Kaman-22 or Gaza even though they are better than what countries around us make. I want to see an interceptor-like stealth supersonic version of Shahed 191 powered with 2 x Jahesh-700, carrying 4 x 30-40Gs pulling BVR ARH/IR missiles in internal bays while datalinking with GWACS/AWACS and whatever manned fleet will be there to compliment such a force. The exclusively manned era will continue with these F-5E/F-20/YF-17/FCK-1/T-5/Kowsar like 4.0 to 4+ Gen light fighters and it should. But the focus in 10-12 years will be totally tilted towards this low RCS A2A unmanned fighters.

As someone who has been following Iranian weapon programs for 20-25 years, I can safely say this happened with our missile program too. In 12-15 years we went from Hwasong-7 reverse engineering to launching three staged SLV's. In further 5 years we had <5m CEP scoring MaRV's installed on Solid fueled IRBMs. Same thing is gonna repeat for our Air arms too. I personally believe it will happen for IRGC-AF earlier than IRIAF.

P.S. It is also more feasible for our UCAV infrastructure to give out an A2A dedicated UCAV than people wishing HESA to produce SU-35 equivalent inside Iran.

Last edited:

رئیس‌جمهور: صنایع هِسا هواپیمای مسافربری تولید کند​

رئیس‌جمهور پس از بازدید از مجموعه‌ بالگردی و بخش‌های مختلف شرکت هِسا گفت: این شرکت مجموعه‌ای از دانایی‌ها را به توانایی تبدیل کرده و آنچه که ما از شرکت هِسا انتظار داریم ساخت هواپیمای مسافربری با رعایت تمامی استاندادر‌های لازم بین المللی است.

Mr Raisy to HESA : Build airliners :rolleyes:

Look at underneath of the plane . I hope there is no doubt it can carry 4 under it's belly.

Now look at the wing design it has two part a short fixed part and a bigger moving part.
Simply you can't install anything on moving part . That's why it only can carry 2 missile under it's wing.

Unless you want add an adapter under wing to be able to carry 3 aim-9 instead of one aim-54 or aim-120 or aim-7 on those two pylon which is not applicable to F-14a but introduced with F-14d nontheless
The total number of pylons remain 6
F14 can cary 6 AIM 54 + 2 ext fuel tanks or 8 missiles + 2 ext fueks tanks in conf 4 aim 54 +2 aim9 + 2aim 7 or 6 aim 7 + 2 aim 9... 8 missiles max + 2 fuel tanks or in case all aim 54,than 6 + 2 fuel tanks, that is original configuration
etbhhbtneh.jpg

I dont remeber I saw these, similar to SDB 1 winglet bombs
View attachment 854398

These pylons are novel for Kowsar/Saegheh compared to what was tested on an F-7N testbed (below) for Yasin glide PGM's. I guess Yasin and Balaban PGMs are the standard guided strike package for Kowsar. Its Bayyenat-II Radar has SAR capability and a Ballistic computer targeting system for precision strikes.

EmuZ_Y1W8AASfL3.jpg

I swear they must have prop airframes they drag out for each President to make a photo op.

We know the production rate of Kowsar is very low, yet every president takes a picture in front of like 4-6 unfinished airframes.
well, 4-6 airframe mean low production rate

well, 4-6 airframe mean low production rate

Everytime a president walks by they are working on 6+ frames? Coincidence? Yet maybe no more than 1-2 squadrons have ever existed of each of these F-5 derative projects (Azkarash, Saeghe I, Saeghe II, Kowsar, etc)

What is production rate of Kowsar right now? 1 per month? They happen to be working on 4-6 when Raisi walks by?

Come on. It’s staged photos.

Perhaps or perhaps they're producing half a dozen to a dozen a year ? Is it that hard to believe ?

Everytime a president walks by they are working on 6+ frames? Coincidence? Yet maybe no more than 1-2 squadrons have ever existed of each of these F-5 derative projects (Azkarash, Saeghe I, Saeghe II, Kowsar, etc)

What is production rate of Kowsar right now? 1 per month? They happen to be working on 4-6 when Raisi walks by?

Come on. It’s staged photos.

Is that one Antonov-140 ever going to fly ? Atleast the F-5s can fly.

Raisi visiting Kowsar production facillity, more Kowsar seems coming, I can see one with single cannon
View attachment 854476View attachment 854474View attachment 854473View attachment 854475

View attachment 854480

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom