What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Iran is a theocratic dictatorship with almost zero political plurality. I once attended a seminar by the late great President Bani-Sadr who passed away recently. He was a man of integrity and tried his best to create some sort of a hybrid inclusive political system, but was pushed out of the country. The aim of the Iranian revolution was to create an inclusive secular democratic system that ensured basic human rights. The mullahs hijacked the revolution and after 41 years now Iran is stuck in a religious time warp. I am afraid there will be a social implosion again if things don't change. Iran today is far different than in 1979 and there is a large educated class who can not be suppressed for ever.

If the Shah had not proved to be such an arrogant fool, he could have easily turned Iran into a very successful constitutional monarchy, like Juan Carlos did in Spain after Franco's dictatorship, which in now a stable democracy.

Last edited:
Iran is a theocratic dictatorship with almost zero political plurality. I once attended a seminar by the late great President Bani-Sadr who passed away recently. He was a man of integrity and tried his best to create some sort of a hybrid inclusive political system, but was pushed out of the country. The aim of the Iranian revolution was to create an inclusive secular democratic system that ensured basic human rights. The mullahs hijacked the revolution and after 41 years now Iran is stuck in a religious time warp. I am afraid there will be a social implosion again if things don't change. Iran today is far different than in 1979 and there is a large educated class who can not be suppressed for ever.

If the Shah had not proved to be such an arrogant fool, he could have easily turned Iran into a very successful constitutional monarchy, like Juan Carlos did in Spain after Franco's dictatorship, which in now a stable democracy.
Great Bani Sadr? :lol:

That fool wanted to surrender all the F14 fleet to Americans.

This is satire. Right?

Edit: I am talking about the part where you call Bai-Sadr great.

Last edited:
You think Khamenai and IRGC didn’t know Russia was using that base? You think the anti war and anti expansionist Rouhani made that decision?

Need to get your head checked...
Hosting foreign military who are fighting beside us isn't against the constitution, anybody who doesn't understand this needs to get his head checked.

What happened in the Russian case was that the pro-west government wanted to appease their western masters and sabotage the main policies of supreme leader as usual (yeah, since we are not a true democracy!) so they made a propaganda to have an excuse to expel the Russian forces. wasn't their first or last treason.

You mean like all those other "successful constitutional monarchies" in the mena region?

You mean like all those other "successful constitutional monarchies" in the mena region?
Since I am a FACT based person and less inclined to hyperbole like an earthquake in Iran is somehow a "nuclear test" :-)

There are no "constitutional monarchies" in the so-called Muslim world. Only Europe has few left like Scandinavian states, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, etc. All Arab and Muslim states like Brunei are absolute totalitarian family run fiefdoms, mostly imposed by foreign powers. Only Iraq, Egypt and Libya overthrew their monarchies along with Iran in 1979. Iraq and Libya are chaos while Egypt is the worst dictatorship in the non-monarchical Arab world. It is is also very obvious that any religion based theocratic regime is incompatible with either democracy or human rights. It does matter if it is Muslim or Hindu (India) or Buddhist (Thailand), a religious based government is a recipe for disaster. Just watch how the Taliban implode in Afghanistan.

Well the economy is set to slowly improve and recover in the next few years. If this doesn't happen you will see mass protests in Iran yet again.

However as long as the military supports the government, the current ruling class are not going anywhere.

Also people in Iran have seen what has happened in Syria, Libya, Afghanistan and they don't want a regime like MKO to take over.

Look at the recent sanctions FATF imposed on Turkey and Pakistan. They are also not doing well economically. Basically any genuine, sovereign Muslim country will be opposed by the west.

Since I am a FACT based person and less inclined to hyperbole like an earthquake in Iran is somehow a "nuclear test" :-)

There are no "constitutional monarchies" in the so-called Muslim world. Only Europe has few left like Scandinavian states, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, etc. All Arab and Muslim states like Brunei are absolute totalitarian family run fiefdoms, mostly imposed by foreign powers. Only Iraq, Egypt and Libya overthrew their monarchies along with Iran in 1979. Iraq and Libya are chaos while Egypt is the worst dictatorship in the non-monarchical Arab world. It is is also very obvious that any religion based theocratic regime is incompatible with either democracy or human rights. It does matter if it is Muslim or Hindu (India) or Buddhist (Thailand), a religious based government is a recipe for disaster. Just watch how the Taliban implode in Afghanistan.

Well the economy is set to slowly improve and recover in the next few years. If this doesn't happen you will see mass protests in Iran yet again.

However as long as the military supports the government, the current ruling class are not going anywhere.

Also people in Iran have seen what has happened in Syria, Libya, Afghanistan and they don't want a regime like MKO to take over.

Look at the recent sanctions FATF imposed on Turkey and Pakistan. They are also not doing well economically. Basically any genuine, sovereign Muslim country will be opposed by the west.
You have good grasp on reality and a sharp mind. I agree, it is not a Muslim nations progress alone that generates western hostility. The problem is that the so-called west since the 17th century ripped off the world by violent imperialism and hid behind a hollow facade of racist "superiority". Now the tables have turned and power is shifting and they using the same Neo-imperialist policies against China, and Russia to some extent, even though their economies are intertwined. The European, especially American mind is very childish and thinks of the world in terms of sports metaphor, with winners and losers, rather than accepting reality and developing a cooperative framework. All this NATO, QUAD, AUKUS nonsense, is hardly going to reverse the course of history. All empires eventually fall, ours was no different. Currently Iran is a target as it is independent and no longer America's gas station and poses a challenge to Zionist hegemony, which the Arabs easily accepted. With Islam the west has had a historical animosity so a powerful Muslim nation becomes a quick target dating back to the Crusades. Western racism, animosity and sheer inhumanity is now on open display with the appalling treatment of refugees, just because they are from Muslim countries. Even third rate states like Poland are no at the forefront of Islamophobic racism.

My personal view is that non-Arab large Muslim states like Iran, Turkey and Pakistan have a lot in common and need to close ranks and look east, and that is what they are trying to do in their own way.

Last edited:
Fathullah Ami: The Aerospace Research Institute started designing the Aria 10 aircraft, the initial design has been completed and is now in the preliminary design stage. In order to use the country's airports, we obtained a DOA aircraft design certification from the Civil Aviation Authority. We hope that the design of this aircraft will be completed soon

1636970673695.png

1636970685863.png

1636970708938.png

If you`re a "fact based person",then you might want to stop and ask yourself why there are no constitutional monarchies in the mena region,just corrupt absolute ones,you might also want to ask yourself why the west,despite its lip service to concepts like democracy etc..,supports these sorts of regimes to the hilt.
I personally tend to think that even in the very unlikely event that iran had become some sort of constitutional monarchy,that the west or the soviets would`ve ensured that either it was strangled in its cradle or that it would`ve not long survived its birth.

The iri may be far from perfect,but it does seem to do a better job,both in an independent foreign policy,something that vassals can only dream of,and also in offering at least a modicum of democratic participation for the populace,than any of the western backed regional secular dictatorships,be they republican or monarchist,that are par for the course in the mena region.
Ultimately so long as you have a weak mena region,full of weak vassal regimes,where foreign imperial powers think they have a god given right to meddle,dont expect anything like western style democracy or human rights,because they`re not in the interests of those calling the shots,unless of course its using them as a cudgel to try and score political points with.

Lastly if the government and people of afghanistan werent willing to fight for the state that the west had built [imposed?] there,then to me that says that they probably deserve the taliban.

We recently saw a video which showed an Iran-140 plane being built from the ground up. Despite this we have yet to see that new Iran-140 transport plane fly.

Even the Antonov 140 planes purchased from Ukraine, supposedly the engine issue was resolved, but we haven't seen them being used yet.

What is the point of this design when it's so close to the Iran-140 ? Is this just a new name for Iran-140 ?

I've heard that Iran plans on building an AWACS variant of Iran-140 as well.

Only time will tell but I'll believe it when I see it.

j8l60gvq1zv71.png

Fathullah Ami: The Aerospace Research Institute started designing the Aria 10 aircraft, the initial design has been completed and is now in the preliminary design stage. In order to use the country's airports, we obtained a DOA aircraft design certification from the Civil Aviation Authority. We hope that the design of this aircraft will be completed soon

View attachment 793434
View attachment 793435

View attachment 793436

Last edited:

View attachment 793434
View attachment 793435

View attachment 793436

Any chance to get a link for these pictures, please?

"Google" reverse image search using URL: 0 result.
"Google" reverse image search using uploaded image capture: 0 result.
"Google" search for the introductory sentence in English: 0 result (except for your post here).
"Google" search for a Farsi translation of the text: 0 result.
"Google" search for keywords "Arya 10" and "aircraft" in Farsi: no relevant result.

Another reason why I abhor so-called "social media", it's near impossible to properly document and find posts made there.

_____

We recently saw a video which showed an Iran-140 plane being built from the ground up. Despite this we have yet to see that new Iran-140 transport plane fly.

Even the Antonov 140 planes purchased from Ukraine, supposedly the engine issue was resolved, but we haven't seen them being used yet.

What is the point of this design when it's so close to the Iran-140 ? Is this just a new name for Iran-140 ?

I've heard that Iran plans on building an AWACS variant of Iran-140 as well.

Only time will tell but I'll believe it when I see it.

View attachment 793719

That other design is of a clearly smaller plane than the IRAn-140. They're not exactly in the same class, so it's not redundant.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom