What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Kowsar fighter's modern cockpit
Screenshot_20210717_144208.jpg

Are these pictures taken from DCS? Iranian Tomcats do not have the Television Camera sensor(TCS) mounted under the chin, the color of the AIM-54 Phoenix Missiles does not match those in service in Iran and the AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles look like the L model as opposed to the P model that are in service in Iran.

Are these pictures taken from DCS? Iranian Tomcats do not have the Television Camera sensor(TCS) mounted under the chin, the color of the AIM-54 Phoenix Missiles does not match those in service in Iran and the AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles look like the L model as opposed to the P model that are in service in Iran.
You are right.
It has Photoshop but Beautiful at all 😁
Iran is the sole operator of this fighter jet. So I don't bother with some Random Photoshop works on the web :enjoy:

Many thanks to Bahram for posting this video...The subject of "Flight simulator" and its companion "mission simulator" is probably one of the most difficult areas of technology in the aviation industry (probably 2nd to Jet engines development).. I have spent a good portion of my career in this simulation domain and after watching this video in full I can tell you this.. We Iranians put the IRIAF down a lot for not developing a bigger engine or a heavier airframe..But I can tell you as an expert in the field of simulation that IRIAF gets an A++ from me on the subject...I gave them ++ because they have to go an additional step beyond the Western simulation engineers for developing all the "flight dynamics" and "Flight Algorithms" specific to each aircraft that they are simulating.....Westen sim experts receive these data from the aircraft manufacturers. Iranian sim experts have to develop them by themselves and that is a looooot of work..They are doing Level "D" which is the top of the line (Cabin mockup with full visual and sound effects tied to the flight and engine , 6 degree of motion ,instructor console etc)..so My hats off to all of them..they are ready to do airbus and boeing types if they decide to...remember each simulator is somewhere between 50 to 100 million dollars...

The video also mentioned about Mission simulator which means after the pilot learns how to fly now he has to face an enemy aircraft situation which in this case they have simulated F-15...those are even more expensive..lol

It can’t find it. It lacks a radar plus the EO/IR iran uses on it is limited to very short ranges.
All anti tank missiles in the world used by Helos have a 10km max range.
Except Spike NLOS, which doesn’t rely on the EO/IR used by the Helicopter.
they can pin it with drone like apachi and the helo only shoot the missile the drone point it lazer and do the job

I was told 10yrs ago, by officer from IRIAF, who is not some high ranking officer, but has prooved to be informed very well... that Iran is working on heavy fighter jet based on F-4 and SU-24 but with multirole capabilities that would be capable for interceptor role and tactical bomber.. And He said that, this aircraft is actualy main goal. But from other countries experience, we can see that, once when country make brakethrough and solve main obstacles, mostly after that array of new products pop up.... Now I will not claim this information, which latter pop up on many forums also, will materialise 100% but it seems Iran is going in that direction. Probably with 2-3 other projects aside.. Unfortunately,time it is not ideal for developments generaly, in countries around the world, but hope Iran will find way to found important projects.

Just by looking how air intakes are designed, you can say it is designed for speed higher than 1.8 mach. At higher speed, air has to be slow down before jt reach engine.... so aircrafts faster than 1.8 have DSI or movable ramps/fins for this purpose, if we look closely, this model has same fins at begining of air intakes as Phantom, these would move inside at high speed and slower airflow before it reach engine

Back
Top Bottom