What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

So far the Israeli's, Americans and allies have been trying for years to force Iran to leave Syria without much success.

My point still stands. Iran has lost billions in bombed arms, bases, and personnel.

Sure for a country like US, losing billions is merely a rounding error. However, for the armed forces of Iran as well as Iran the country...it hurts a lot more.

It doesnt make any sense for iran to be sending equipment just like that for them to be destroyed.
It's just an illogical thing and tbh iranian generals are mentally disabled to do the same mistake over and over again. What I believe has been happening is that those cargo planes were mostly filled with empty containers. It might be that iran has been sending equipment in other ways, but didnt want to stop the plane cargos so that israel wouldn't investigate that much into the case and just think that's the only way iran is sending things into syria.

My point still stands. Iran has lost billions in bombed arms, bases, and personnel.

Sure for a country like US, losing billions is merely a rounding error. However, for the armed forces of Iran as well as Iran the country...it hurts a lot more.
Bro...zoom out a little and take your head out of the sand. Iraq was a linchpin for the Neo-con ME policy...it is now firmly in Iran's pocket, Syria, that was supposed to be US's gift to Israel is no longer in play and it has now solidified it's allegiance to Iran. The Yemen war that the U.S. encouraged and bankrolled has blown up in MBS's face. The arrogant bastards S.A. and UAE for the first time are now seeking dialogue/detente with Iran. Trump/Pompeo's maximum pressure has not borne any fruit. The Nato alliance and the European relations are in tatters. China for the first time is openly flaunting anti sanctions measures by doing business in Iran....the EU is coming out with a SWIFT alternative that will circumvent the U.S. Dollar in trade.........Yep, so much winning...sure, you guys go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for bombing some trucks in Syria.

Bro...zoom out a little and take your head out of the sand. Iraq was a linchpin for the Neo-con ME policy...it is now firmly in Iran's pocket, Syria, that was supposed to be US's gift to Israel is no longer in play and it has now solidified it's allegiance to Iran. The Yemen war that the U.S. encouraged and bankrolled has blown up in MBS's face. The arrogant bastards S.A. and UAE for the first time are now seeking dialogue/detente with Iran. Trump/Pompeo's maximum pressure has not borne any fruit. The Nato alliance and the European relations are in tatters. China for the first time is openly flaunting anti sanctions measures by doing business in Iran....the EU is coming out with a SWIFT alternative that will circumvent the U.S. Dollar in trade.........Yep, so much winning...sure, you guys go ahead and pat yourselves on the back for bombing some trucks in Syria.

You didn’t even argue my point you went on a brainless tangent because I pointed out something that doesn’t fit your “rah rah Iran is does everything great” narrative.

No one is arguing Iran’s geopolitical gains certainly not me if you even pay attention to this forum.

Iraq barely cost Iran anything. Yemen is not costing Iran much. Syria has cost Iran over 20B dollars since 2010 at the bare minimum (1-2B a year expense) this is besides the loans it made and cost of sensitive tech shipments.

But both of you users are much like the less intelligent Pakistani users of this board, when you cannot debate the topic at hand...go on a unrelated tangent.

My point still stands and if you can’t debate it get lost. Iran has lost significant amounts of resources to air strikes, that money could have gone to funding important R&D programs or future arms purchases. If you think that’s not a big deal for a country with the military budget of $20B then you are the one that needs to “zoom out”.

It doesnt make any sense for iran to be sending equipment just like that for them to be destroyed.
It's just an illogical thing and tbh iranian generals are mentally disabled to do the same mistake over and over again. What I believe has been happening is that those cargo planes were mostly filled with empty containers. It might be that iran has been sending equipment in other ways, but didnt want to stop the plane cargos so that israel wouldn't investigate that much into the case and just think that's the only way iran is sending things into syria.

There’s planes coming in daily. You have to imagine in the last 10 years the amount of weapons Syria has used/lost/got destroyed. So anything from ammo to small arms to anti tank etc need to be constantly replenished and until Russia joined the fray...Iran was the only true supplier.

Beaides this is the arms designated for Hezbollah and Proxies. Like a game of cat and mouse Iran tries to hide these shipments among the ordinary weapon transfers to Syria. It’s Israel’s job to determine which is which.

Irans options are limited the land path is also limited. Fastest way is by air and even if they land in Russian protected zone upon transfer to Lebanon usually the shipments will be hit. If Iran can get arms into Gaza it can transfer arms into Lebanon, the goal from Israel’s standpoint was to limit the amount that successfully get through. At least easier surviving 50 F-110’s in the future versus 1,000 F-110s.

I have a feeling Israel does the “tap policy” when they attack shipments meaning that they first hit close to the shipment to warn the crew to escape then destroy it.

I’m sure that Iranian lives have been lost in bombing of bases (T4 Base-Iranian drone center was hit). But it’s to Israel’s advantage to keep the blood toll low in order to not exact immediate revenge. Unless the target is a HVT (high value target) in which case we have seen the Us/Israel do not care about rules of war (General Allahadadi [Israel] and General Solemani [US]).

There’s planes coming in daily. You have to imagine in the last 10 years the amount of weapons Syria has used/lost/got destroyed. So anything from ammo to small arms to anti tank etc need to be constantly replenished and until Russia joined the fray...Iran was the only true supplier.

Beaides this is the arms designated for Hezbollah and Proxies. Like a game of cat and mouse Iran tries to hide these shipments among the ordinary weapon transfers to Syria. It’s Israel’s job to determine which is which.

Irans options are limited the land path is also limited. Fastest way is by air and even if they land in Russian protected zone upon transfer to Lebanon usually the shipments will be hit. If Iran can get arms into Gaza it can transfer arms into Lebanon, the goal from Israel’s standpoint was to limit the amount that successfully get through. At least easier surviving 50 F-110’s in the future versus 1,000 F-110s.

I have a feeling Israel does the “tap policy” when they attack shipments meaning that they first hit close to the shipment to warn the crew to escape then destroy it.

I’m sure that Iranian lives have been lost in bombing of bases (T4 Base-Iranian drone center was hit). But it’s to Israel’s advantage to keep the blood toll low in order to not exact immediate revenge. Unless the target is a HVT (high value target) in which case we have seen the Us/Israel do not care about rules of war (General Allahadadi [Israel] and General Solemani [US]).

Even if there is a high demand of equipment, there are other ways for these to be delivered and not just by air. We dont know really what they are really doing, but they might even have underground tunnels that they use for transport of some equipment from iran to a base in iraq, then it's taken to syria by road.
But again, it makes no sense for iran to let israel destroy its shipments just like that. They are definitely doing something else that isnt affecting them that much.

His head in not in the sand ,its in his back side ,,don't waste your time on this guy

Do you have numbers for that? Do you even know what is being delivered? No, stop making assumptions. Israel has a habit of hitting empty warehouses or getting their missiles shot down mid flight.

You didn’t even argue my point you went on a brainless tangent because I pointed out something that doesn’t fit your “rah rah Iran is does everything great” narrative.

No one is arguing Iran’s geopolitical gains certainly not me if you even pay attention to this forum.

Iraq barely cost Iran anything. Yemen is not costing Iran much. Syria has cost Iran over 20B dollars since 2010 at the bare minimum (1-2B a year expense) this is besides the loans it made and cost of sensitive tech shipments.

But both of you users are much like the less intelligent Pakistani users of this board, when you cannot debate the topic at hand...go on a unrelated tangent.

My point still stands and if you can’t debate it get lost. Iran has lost significant amounts of resources to air strikes, that money could have gone to funding important R&D programs or future arms purchases. If you think that’s not a big deal for a country with the military budget of $20B then you are the one that needs to “zoom out”.

Then how should Iran change the way it goes about things in Syria? Not trying patronize you just wanted to know.

Also it really should be noted that although it is true that Israel has destroyed Iranian supplied equipment in Syria, we really don't know to what extent the destruction actually is and how much of what Israeli is hitting is actually Iranian and not some empty building or other infrastructure that Israel says is Iranian. All we have to really go on is what the Israelis are telling the public and Israel isn't the best source for honest information.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing I can really knock Iran on is its inability to strike Israel back when clearly it has/had to right to do so. And yes I do know that Israel will hit back "harder" but recent reports coming from Syria are rather enlightening as to what Iran is actively doing to counter-act Israels unabated bombardment.

Do you have numbers for that? Do you even know what is being delivered? No, stop making assumptions. Israel has a habit of hitting empty warehouses or getting their missiles shot down mid flight.

The issue we should be taking here is one of principle not necessarily the physical destruction of easily replenished arms.

Iran has allowed itself to be bombed by an enemy state (Israel) who won't stop hitting Iranian/Allied forces in Syria. How to go about changing this dynamic is beyond me since all I really see is Iran weathering the strikes and completing its objectives in spite of the bombings.

Israel can gloat all day about their "anti-Iranian operations" in Syria but the overall picture shouldn't be lost within all the military statistical jargon as well but TheImmortal point still does stand.

Well, I did answer your mostly small question.....I did it by zooming out :) Sure, Iran has lost billions but look at the winnings, it's a small price to pay! War is expensive and wasteful. Good news is unlike all the flunkys in the neighborhood we make most of our arms so it's not as big of a loss as you think........regardless, did I mention it's worth it?

On other fronts, I saw an article in the Jerusalem Post on my Iran feed today....they basically took my post and expanded on it, Lol.....As I often said this is place is chuckful of spooks. So be careful what you spill.

images

A picture is worth more than a thousand words.
;)

I don't know about Iran losing "billions" ?

Iran produces weapons for pennies on the dollar and despite Israel's best efforts during the past 7 years, the vast majority of the equipment is safely making it into the hands of the intended recipients in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

Some of the Israeli missiles do get intercepted, while others hit decoy sites, while others still hit sites that are inconsequential in the long run. Of course, every so often the Israeli's hit a jackpot but their success rate is not as high as they would like you to believe.

Again looking at the big picture, they're just scratching the surface paint. I wouldn't even call it a dent.

Last edited:
I don't know about Iran losing "billions" ?

Iran produces weapons for pennies on the dollar and despite Israel's best efforts during the past 7 years, the vast majority of the equipment is safely making it into the hands of the intended recipients in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq.

Some of the Israeli missiles do get intercepted, while others hit decoy sites, while others still hit sites that are inconsequential in the long run. Of course, every so often the Israeli's hit a jackpot but their success rate is not as high as they would like you to believe.

Again looking at the big picture, they're just scratching the surface paint. I wouldn't even call it a dent.

And your post is based on what? Your dad work in Iranian intelligence? No it’s based on your opinion with nothing to be able to back it up.

Laughable for you to assume what makes it through or doesn’t it make it through. And TELS, F-110s, buildings, bunkers, storage facility,Etc do not cost “pennies on the dollar”. Iran’s cost of arms production is certainly lower than Western countries, but some delusional members of this board make it seem a F-110 cost less than a Toyota to make in Iran. Absurd.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom