What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

LOL the general says a missile that has a 1000KM range doesn’t matter how old the fighter jet that is launching it is, what’s important is that the missile can be launched from it.

That is the mentality of the Air Force right now. I guess survivability of the planes is not important.

Every branch has shown promise EXCEPT Air Force, even the Ground Forces (Army) has taken positive steps with new generation of MRAPs, Karrar, and APCs.

Can’t really blame them when they get zero funding.

What they say about Mirage F1 and F4 Phantom?

The F-1B has been equipped with Iranian radar and Iranian weapons...

It also appears that there is a plan in the works for an air launched Iranian land attack cruise missile with a range of 1000km to make up the difference for Iran's ageing fleet....

But by the most part its about overhaul and upgrade program at half the cost.....

LOL the general says a missile that has a 1000KM range doesn’t matter how old the fighter jet that is launching it is, what’s important is that the missile can be launched from it.

That is the mentality of the Air Force right now. I guess survivability of the planes is not important.

Every branch has shown promise EXCEPT Air Force, even the Ground Forces (Army) has taken positive steps with new generation of MRAPs, Karrar, and APCs.

Can’t really blame them when they get zero funding.

As Ain al Assad proved Missiles need to be Iran's main weapon of choice to invest in! A strong Air Force is of course a necessity but as long as its not an imported one that's fully dependent! And that is a lesson Iran's already learned.
As for survivability of course being equipped with long range weapon increases the fighters survivability regardless of how old the aircraft is because at the end of the day a fighter is only as good as the weapons it carries!

The worst reviews of this forum are on Iranian fighter jets. Iran is much more powerful than the majority thinks. Iran will be able to destroy the speculations and false anlayses of this forum.

I maintain more than ever that the F-4 SM really exists that the new powerful engine is already manufactured. I maintain that there will be surprises on the Kowsar II and another surprise on a new heavy fighter aircraft. I like to decode the images, the videos of the Iranian army because there is a lot to decode in their announcement process.

We will see very soon how ridiculous the false analyzes of TheImmortal are. The F-14 with a new radar and new missile will become a very powerful and dangerous aircraft for the enemy.

Iranian scientists are geniuses and they will increasingly surprise

The skeptical reviews are not without reason. I love Iranian engineers and scientists as much everybody else here but when I look at airforce I don't see much that leaves me feeling overly excited at the moment. I praise the work that has been done, given the innate difficulty involved in the airforce sector. How many nations can produce a fighter jet engine? Iran has. And it will produce more advanced version in the future, I am sure of it. However, until we get an idea for the future plans of the airforce like we have with the likes of navy (Safineh, Besat, 7000 ton destroyer etc) then we cannot comment more. Even if Iran managed to increase the quality of its F-4s, F-14s etc, there is limit. It cannot change their platform and turned them into a stealth fighter! Also, there is also the issue of numbers. How many F-14's does Iran have?

Iran's airforce might be much more ahead with its plans than we think. So I'll always a reserve an open mind for them. But until I see something actually substantive, I will not get overly excited. Especially not until they are given proper budget and priority.

The worst reviews of this forum are on Iranian fighter jets. Iran is much more powerful than the majority thinks. Iran will be able to destroy the speculations and false anlayses of this forum.

I maintain more than ever that the F-4 SM really exists that the new powerful engine is already manufactured. I maintain that there will be surprises on the Kowsar II and another surprise on a new heavy fighter aircraft. I like to decode the images, the videos of the Iranian army because there is a lot to decode in their announcement process.

We will see very soon how ridiculous the false analyzes of TheImmortal are. The F-14 with a new radar and new missile will become a very powerful and dangerous aircraft for the enemy.

Have no doubt that we will but due to budget restrictions It will take time! The problem isn't technology or our engineers! It is money and lack of funding! Same with our civilian 125 passenger aircraft program! The design and engineering has already completed but they are not funding them for the next phase!

The skeptical reviews are not without reason. I love Iranian engineers and scientists as much everybody else here but when I look at airforce I don't see much that leaves me feeling overly excited at the moment. I praise the work that has been done, given the innate difficulty involved in the airforce sector. How many nations can produce a fighter jet engine? Iran has. And it will produce more advanced version in the future, I am sure of it. However, until we get an idea for the future plans of the airforce like we have with the likes of navy (Safineh, Besat, 7000 ton destroyer etc) then we cannot comment more. Even if Iran managed to increase the quality of its F-4s, F-14s etc, there is limit. It cannot change their platform and turned them into a stealth fighter! Also, there is also the issue of numbers. How many F-14's does Iran have?

Iran's airforce might be much more ahead with its plans than we think. So I'll always a reserve an open mind for them. But until I see something actually substantive, I will not get overly excited. Especially not until they are given proper budget and priority.

What none of these homers on this board want to admit is most of the Iranian Air Force cannot keep a sustained war effort.

Look at the maintenance schedule of an F-14 for each sortie flown. In 1980’s these planes were BRAND NEW. But does any rational person think that Iran’s F-5, F-4,F-14 can survive 100’s of sorties on aging and stressed airframes?

Also don’t forget PGM and AA inventory, how much does Iran have? Russia blew through a lot of its old inventory during the Syrian civil war!

Look at Syrian Air Force during the civil war and what the stress of constant missions did to its air forces.

So build all the missiles you want and update the radar, the real question is how many sorties per day can the Air Force do and for HOW LONG? How much of the Air Force is actually combat ready? Even Western Air Force suffer from these problems (see Britain and US). So imagine what the case is for Iran.

I
It also appears that there is a plan in the works for an air launched Iranian land attack cruise missile with a range of 1000km to make up the difference for Iran's ageing fleet....

Isn't the Ya Ali LACM already in service?

What none of these homers on this board want to admit is most of the Iranian Air Force cannot keep a sustained war effort.

Look at the maintenance schedule of an F-14 for each sortie flown. In 1980’s these planes were BRAND NEW. But does any rational person think that Iran’s F-5, F-4,F-14 can survive 100’s of sorties on aging and stressed airframes?

Also don’t forget PGM and AA inventory, how much does Iran have? Russia blew through a lot of its old inventory during the Syrian civil war!

Look at Syrian Air Force during the civil war and what the stress of constant missions did to its air forces.

So build all the missiles you want and update the radar, the real question is how many sorties per day can the Air Force do and for HOW LONG? How much of the Air Force is actually combat ready? Even Western Air Force suffer from these problems (see Britain and US). So imagine what the case is for Iran.

Indeed. The best example is Saudi Arabia. The third largest military spender in the world. All because of the insane cost of their air force and it's operations.

The F-1B has been equipped with Iranian radar and Iranian weapons...

But by the most part its about overhaul and upgrade program at half the cost.....

Thanks. Me wonder why no AShM. It is very good for. Fast mach2 and low flying 200 km and then let the AShM go another 300+ km. Like Argentina did at the Malvina Islands.

more than anything f-14 needs a new engine to solve its AoA problem

Back
Top Bottom