What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

Well,as all of you could read from all news from first moment...it was IMERGENCY landing not sheduled,so something must happened in flight otherwise pilot wouldn't call imergency landing.So, even if(we can't say did it ...till investigation is finished) mistake did occur and pilot land on wrong strip ....still fact is that was imergency landing and something happened in flight... Imergency landing is something only flight crew can call and there is reason why they asked for imergency landing.So we don't know is pilot maybe decide to land there because he didn't had choice or because he made mistake and approach to wrong strip while doing imergency landing....any way what ever happened,it wouldn't happen at all if everything is ok in flight... simple because that was not landing destination and only reason they try to land there is imergency....so it is simple not posible that no malfunction occur...it did occur..otherwise pilot/copilot/engineer wouldn't call imergency state and ask for imergency landing...Well this is at least how I understand this....there was confusing news reports but all agree they were doing imergency landing...which mean it was not their destination at all...well,thank god,there is survived crew member,if he(let's hope so)recover investigators will have much better insight...even whenever and wherever military is included we can always assume some information may not be published...

Last edited:
As far as im aware its the pilot who is responsible for decisions not flight engineer also I wonder how karaj MP could reach that conclusion before any investigation conclude anything.

It was a technical failure as announced.. The was a fire on engines visible by people on the ground.. it is clear.. the pilot was very experienced pilot with the rank of General..so as it is logical, the airplane lost control and it was the only option ahead.. They probably did not have enough lift to take it as far as Payam... simple as that..
Rank of the pilot play no role here every body can make a mistake . but aquestion here is looking an engine is not that critical an airplane can easily fly with one of its engine and if the engine caught fire why the pilot didn't turned it off before attempting any landing.

As far as im aware its the pilot who is responsible for decisions not flight engineer also I wonder how karaj MP could reach that conclusion before any investigation conclude anything.

Rank of the pilot play no role here every body can make a mistake . but aquestion here is looking an engine is not that critical an airplane can easily fly with one of its engine and if the engine caught fire why the pilot didn't turned it off before attempting any landing.
Pilot is responsible as long He is capable and healthy...otherwise it is copilot but in most case they will act at flight engeneer advice...you have to understand that today only few aircrafts type require flight engeneer but those who had fligjt engeneer will have divided responsibilities

Aircraft can fly without one engine but one thing is flying and maintaining speed and attitude and it is completely different.thing maneuvering at low.attitude without one engine...in such case you don't.have.much space for error...not saying engine is reason for this..as I say we don't know yet what happened...

Pilot is responsible as long He is capable and healthy...otherwise it is copilot but in most case they will act at flight engeneer advice...you have to understand that today only few aircrafts type require flight engeneer but those who had fligjt engeneer will have divided responsibilities

Aircraft can fly without one engine but one thing is flying and maintaining speed and attitude and it is completely different.thing maneuvering at low.attitude without one engine...in such case you don't.have.much space for error...not saying engine is reason for this..as I say we don't know yet what happened...
Let just say these even looking one engine was not much of concern and they could easily fly to mehrabad or imma Khomeini without much trouble.
That plane has 4 engine loss of one or two engine is nothing at all the plane even can land with loss of 3 engine and this is the philosophy behind the flight engineer
The basic philosophy of a three-person flight deck in many flight operations, should an abnormality or emergency arise, is for the captain to hand over the actual flying of the aircraft to the first officer (co-pilot). The captain and FE together review and carry out the necessary actions required to contain and rectify the problem. This spreads the workload and ensures a system of cross-checking which maximizes safety. The captain is the manager and decision maker (pilot not flying, PNF), the first officer, or co-pilot, is the actual flier of the aircraft (pilot flying, PF), and the FE reads the check-lists and executes actions required under the auspices of the captain. There can be occasions when the roles of the pilots during an emergency are reversed, i.e. the copilot becomes the PNF and the captain becomes the PF; one such example was on the A300 B-Series aircraft when there was a complete loss of generator-supplied electrical power, whereupon the standby instruments that were powered were on the captain's side only, requiring the captain to be PF and the PNF and FE to resolve the issue.

Boeing 707 depend on the model need at least 1900m to 2200m for landing so you really can't blame the aircraft for the accident .
The problem is distinguishing the two runway and mistaking the airports

بنابراین گزارش صبح امروز یک فروند هواپیمای باری بوئینگ ۷۰۷ متعلق به نیروی هوایی ارتش که از بیشکک عازم فرودگاه پیام کرج بود، در فرودگاه فتح کرج فرود اضطراری داشت که پس از برخورد به دیواره انتهای باند، دچار سانحه شد.
https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/928299/هواپیما-بوئینگ-۷۰۷-چگونه-سقوط-کرد

به گزارش ایرنا، در سانحه هواپیمای بوئینگ 707 ارتش 15 نفر از سرنشینان این هواپیمای باری که از قرقیزستان به مقصد فرودگاه پیام استان البرز در حرکت بود جان خود را از دست دادند.
این هواپیما با فرود اضطراری در فرودگاه فتح زیبادشت استان البرز از باند فرودگاه خارج و دچار حادثه شد.

بنابراین گزارش صبح امروز یک فروند هواپیمای باری بوئینگ ۷۰۷ متعلق به نیروی هوایی ارتش که از بیشکک عازم فرودگاه پیام کرج بود، در فرودگاه فتح کرج فرود اضطراری داشت که پس از برخورد به دیواره انتهای باند، دچار سانحه شد.
https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/928299/هواپیما-بوئینگ-۷۰۷-چگونه-سقوط-کرد

به گزارش ایرنا، در سانحه هواپیمای بوئینگ 707 ارتش 15 نفر از سرنشینان این هواپیمای باری که از قرقیزستان به مقصد فرودگاه پیام استان البرز در حرکت بود جان خود را از دست دادند.
این هواپیما با فرود اضطراری در فرودگاه فتح زیبادشت استان البرز از باند فرودگاه خارج و دچار حادثه شد.
حتی اگه حرف فرود اضطراری هم نبود اون هواپیما دو برابر باند برای فرود نیاز داشت بخصوص اینکه ان روزها هوا بارانی و احتمالا باند هم خیس بوده.

2429873.jpg

البته این دفعه جالب میشه وقتی که به بخش تقصیر را گردن یک نفر انداختن برسیم چون حداقل مهندس پرواز زنده مونده

its not the first time this accident happens , the previous time it was a near miss and the captain come down up to 1m from the airway in its second attempt to land before understanding there is some problem and go to Payam.
this time maybe for bad weather they didn't understand the problem in time . last time they promised they'll make some change in Fath Airport that such accident don't occur again but perhaps they didn't have against time .

more importantly there is one question for me , we ourselves can build all the equipment that is needed to monitor flight but we still build airports without those equipment it's not a valid explanation that this was a helicopter airport and no airplane was supported to land there otherwise why they put an airway there

more importantly there is one question for me , we ourselves can build all the equipment that is needed to monitor flight but we still build airports without those equipment it's not a valid explanation that this was a helicopter airport and no airplane was supported to land there otherwise why they put an airway there

I would imagine the runway is their for small military planes or private jets carrying high ranking military personnel.

Also for emergency.

I would imagine the runway is their for small military planes or private jets carrying high ranking military personnel.

Also for emergency.

It's a IRGC Helo base it's not for fixed winged airplanes at all!

Engines are fine, visibility is fine too, people are wondering why it's coming down!
Well ,the engines look fine ,the plane look intact the visibility seems perfect the weather is fine ,the only question is why it tried to land in Fath airport?

I can only think of one reason ,the pilot mistake the airport and I wonder why it happened . payam airport is an international airport and probably equipped with necessary equipment to guide the airplane even in zero visibility.

Well ,the engines look fine ,the plane look intact the visibility seems perfect the weather is fine ,the only question is why it tried to land in Fath airport?

I can only think of one reason ,the pilot mistake the airport and I wonder why it happened . payam airport is an international airport and probably equipped with necessary equipment to guide the airplane even in zero visibility.

It's not just the pilot I would say Air control at Payam also failed to do it's job properly or was not equipped with the equipment needed to do their job properly because Payam is an Airport that is about a minute away from central Tehran so they should have done a far better job monitoring the aircraft especially if that Aircraft declared an emergency.

And I suggest for those who are interested and can operate Google earth Aircraft sim to take a fly by and see an approximation of what a 1000meter runway as appose to a 4000 meter runway would have looked like from altitude

I don’t see the big deal, accidents happen. A simple search will show you Landing at wrong airport happens around the world.

Also look at US military that operates with the toughest precautions and safety regulations. A quick search will show you how many military aircraft related accidents have occurred in the last 6 months alone by US military.

Then compare that to a country like Iran that has a somewhat disregard for safety/regulations. Unfortunately militaries sometimes have to learn the lesson the hard way.

I don’t see the big deal, accidents happen. A simple search will show you Landing at wrong airport happens around the world.

Also look at US military that operates with the toughest precautions and safety regulations. A quick search will show you how many military aircraft related accidents have occurred in the last 6 months alone by US military.

Then compare that to a country like Iran that has a somewhat disregard for safety/regulations. Unfortunately militaries sometimes have to learn the lesson the hard way.
It's very big deal , this time the airplane system worked fine and they could not blame it , here some one if did his job correctly 15 people were still alive. and it was clear that the airplane could not land on that airway its a big deal because it was not the first one and previously a passenger plane nearly escaped the same fate.
Taban Airlines flight 6225 from Mashhad to Payam, Iran, twice attempted to land at the wrong airport (Fat'h Airport).
The aircraft, an MD-88 departed Mashhad at 10:16 local time (06:46 UTC). The flight was cleared for an approach to runway 30 at Payam Airport. However, the crew mistook the 3000 ft runway 31L of Fat'h Airport for Payam Airport. The first approach was aborted at 11:26 hours and the aircraft circled for another attempt. The second attempt. This approach was aborted at 11:29 and the aircraft continued for a safe landing at Payam Airport at 11:31.
AAID Iran reported that the flight reached an altitude of 1 m above ground level during one of the approaches with three preceding EGPWS warnings. The aircraft also experienced 2 abnormal out of limit bank-angles before reaching 100 feet after the go-around.
The investigators also stated that the flight crew failed to notify authorities about the incident and thus also failed to secure the Cockpit Voice Recorder.
219603_5c16bc9908b8fEP-TBC.jpg

those runways are only 10km apart and they are virtually in line , honestly that's a big mistake any plane that want to land in Payam Airport first will see fath Airport runway in the same bearing and same line under himself and if the captain is not aware of the situation he may make such fatal mistake .

to be honest , they need to do something about that runway , the least they can do is to destroy it and build another one but this time make it north south, and they have enough space there for that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom