What's new

IRIAF | News and Discussions

This is why working on light fighter jet's or small frigates like the Mowj class simply makes no sense in a country like Iran and Iran's military needs to do a better job working on force multipliers for platforms!

If your going to be producing jet engines, radars, avionics, sections of an airframe, landing gears, hydraulics,..... and all the little pieces that make up a fighter each at rates as low as 1 per month & lower then clearly your wasting your recourses if those personal and infrastructure are being used towards such a light and insignificant fighter platform.

Now if Iran was adding for example 15 fighters comparable to the J-20 or Su-57 to it's fleet in the next 3 years now that is a significant capability and is worth having personal and equipment spend a month trying to build and assemble each of the engines, Radars,.....

The production line was anything but a “production line”.

It was likely a existing retrofitting/refurbishment line that was converted to make some Kowsar. Because 5 F-5’s per year is quite frankly a joke in terms of efficiency of any production.

The US could produce 160 F-16’s per yr if it chooses. So assuming Iran has even 10% production capability as the US that would translate to 15 Kowsar a year.

The actual issue could be mass production of the engines. Maybe Iran has trouble producing the engines at a rate to match production of airframe. That’s kind of hard to believe, I mean if Iran even build 1 pair of J-85 engines per MONTH. It could field 12 Kowsar a year.

Producing Kowsar in mass will not be suitable. This is an underpowered experimental platform. Next generation of Kowsar/Saeghe with domestically produced AESA radars and Turbofans can be produced though.

The production line was anything but a “production line”.

It was likely a existing retrofitting/refurbishment line that was converted to make some Kowsar. Because 5 F-5’s per year is quite frankly a joke in terms of efficiency of any production.

The US could produce 160 F-16’s per yr if it chooses. So assuming Iran has even 10% production capability as the US that would translate to 15 Kowsar a year.

The actual issue could be mass production of the engines. Maybe Iran has trouble producing the engines at a rate to match production of airframe. That’s kind of hard to believe, I mean if Iran even build 1 pair of J-85 engines per MONTH. It could field 12 Kowsar a year.

If the engine was anything other than a J-85 then I would say yes but the J-85 is an extremely simplistic engine whos many parts and components have been produced in Iran for a very long time...

If they are producing the J-85 at a rate of 1 per month that's 36 engines after 3 years 30 of which would power the 15 Kowsar fact is the J-85 is such a simplistic engine that with a properly managed and independent production facility of it's own should be able to produce them at a rate of 1 every day or two easy.

And the pictures they showed is of an assembly line where the parts come in and they assemble them together and at the end of the day it's just a big hanger/ building and nothing really special about it and it's what goes on before the parts get there that's what matters...

With enough parts, tools, personal & proper management that single facility alone should be able to assemble 14 Kowsar's a year easy & up to 28 or more if they tried to fit more inside

The main problem I have with it is that if they knew ahead of time that their production rates would be this low (And it's doubtful that they didn't) then they should have picked a bigger and more capable fighter to produce

This is why working on light fighter jet's or small frigates like the Mowj class simply makes no sense in a country like Iran and Iran's military needs to do a better job working on force multipliers for platforms!

If your going to be producing jet engines, radars, avionics, sections of an airframe, landing gears, hydraulics,..... and all the little pieces that make up a fighter each at rates as low as 1 per month & lower then clearly your wasting your recourses if those personal and infrastructure are being used towards such a light and insignificant fighter platform.

Now if Iran was adding for example 15 fighters comparable to the J-20 or Su-57 to it's fleet in the next 3 years now that is a significant capability and is worth having personal and equipment spend a month trying to build and assemble each of the engines, Radars,.....
Without the resources and just as importantly the political will,you`re not going to achieve very much......or indeed anything in fact.The other problem of course is that without the complementary programs required to build both a modern radar and a bvr missile to equip the kowsar with,then you`re basically just building a brand new obsolescent 1960s era light fighter with wvr capabilities only,which is frankly just a waste of time,effort and resources.Its not just enough to copy it,you have to modernise it too,and that means more than just a glass cockpit.Its almost like the iriaf doesnt realise this.

n5q2_47581640_758658777824966_2186351247350615030_n.jpg

y24y_49515988_586731851752583_7771244872462387286_n.jpg

from military.ir

Producing Kowsar in mass will not be suitable. This is an underpowered experimental platform. Next generation of Kowsar/Saeghe with domestically produced AESA radars and Turbofans can be produced though.

It's not about producing them in mass it's about producing so little in a 3 year timespan. If they only wanted 14 more kowsars then that's something they should have been able to accomplish within a year and been done with it and moved on

At current rate they are spending 1 month per engine, 2 months for each radar, 2 months on the ejection seat, 2 months for the stabilizer.....

And if that's the average time your spending resources on each part and component then your clearly doing something wrong

Good news from airforce drill:
Upgraded R73 missile launched from MIG29 managed to successfully intercept a missile fired from F5.

It was around 2013 that airforce talked about the successful test of an anti-missile missile, I don't know if it's the same one, or extend of the technology.

اخبار رزمایش ارتش| سرنگونی موشک مهاجم توسط جنگنده میگ۲۹ و موشک آر۷۳

Sorry to burst your bubble but this has been a regular part of the Live fire exercises held by the IRIAF for several years now. One F-5E is followed closely by a lone Mig-29. The F-5 in the lead fires an unguided rocked and quickly breaks away. The Mig-29 fires an R-73 that homes in on the rocket's heat signature.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this has been a regular part of the Live fire exercises held by the IRIAF for several years now. One F-5E is followed closely by a lone Mig-29. The F-5 in the lead fires an unguided rocked and quickly breaks away. The Mig-29 fires an R-73 that homes in on the rocket's heat signature.
I've seen that scene, but title says invading missile, not escaping missile!
Hope it's not a bubble!

SU-22 ?
I think it's both a FT-7N and a two-seater version of the J-7 / F-7
Yeah,you`re right.I totally forgot all about those POS [lol]:sarcastic:
I just looked at the intake and thought su22.
Frankly I`m surprised that the IRGC would even bother with them to be honest,still you gotta start somewhere,but I`d imagine that after flying su25s and 22s the j-7 would be a real comedown,tho it is supersonic I suppose.:(

Back
Top Bottom