What's new

IRGC Navy shows ''Zolfaqar'' submersible torpedo boat for the first time

MTN1917

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
IRGC Navy showed its ''Zolfaqar'' submersible torpedo boat for the fist time in an exhibition at ''Khalij fars martyrs'' artificial lake in Tehran.

This vessel has a length of 17 meters, width of 3.3 meters, height of 3.5 meters and weight of 22 tonnes.

It has a speed of 40 knots(70 km) and is equipped with 324mm torpedoes.

Source(in Persian):
گزارش فارس از شناور ویژه سپاه در خلیج فارس «اژدرافکن» دوزیست سپاه با نام «ذوالفقار» رونمایی شد+تصاویر

Zolfaqar is a cross between a speed boat and a submarine.

13940711000619_PhotoL.jpg

13940711000611_PhotoL.jpg

13940711000610_PhotoL.jpg

13940711000612_PhotoL.jpg

13940711000620_PhotoL.jpg

13940711000678_PhotoL.jpg

Last edited:
2, one on each side.
It's a good replacement for those useless speed boats then. This might actually be able to do some damage in large numbers.

But this obviously doesn't submerge to any great depths. I wonder how deep it goes and how it works out in a battle situation.

It's a good replacement for those useless speed boats then. This might actually be able to do some damage in large numbers.

But this obviously doesn't submerge to any great depths. I wonder how deep it goes and how it works out in a battle situation.

Obviously, it can't go down deep underwater, perhaps about 2-3 meters at max.

Don't underestimate the speedboats,especially ones equipped with anti-ship cruise missiles.

Millennium Challenge 2002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obviously, it can't go down deep underwater, perhaps about 2-3 meters at max.

Don't underestimate the speedboats,especially ones equipped with anti-ship cruise missiles.

Millennium Challenge 2002 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think its a new tactic against the new US navy laser weapon project. US developed the laser weapon for its vessels to target Iranian fast boats.
when the boat is under water( 2 3 meters), the laser can not target it, am i right?

I think its a new tactic against the new US navy laser weapon project. US developed the laser weapon for its vessels to target Iranian fast boats.
when the boat is under water( 2 3 meters), the laser can not target it, am i right?

Yes, that could be the case, I don't think laser weapons are effective, at least for now, for underwater targets and most importantly, these boats are very hard to detect for such laser weapons.

Btw, welcome back, we missed you here. :)

Yes, that could be the case, I don't think laser weapons are effective, at least for now, for underwater targets and most importantly, these boats are very hard to detect for such laser weapons.

Btw, welcome back, we missed you here. :)
I dont tink laser weapon is an option against a fast attack boat which fire torpedo from 15 km away these boats have a low profile and the earth surface is carved and laser travel in straight line .

This thing looks like German E boat.But this one can submerge..

Germaneboat.jpg

Back
Top Bottom