What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

489d89129c8bc7ba66789104de75a6c5.jpg

Saw a ticker on CNN about some 1000 Iraqi troops dying over the weekend...if true this is worrying seems like still some tribes supporting ISIS

think it's false.
Yup false can't find any other link the major figure were those unfortunate ones at the base.....can't blame the average Iraqi soldier at the moment just seems like poor leadership at the top

Yup false can't find any other link the major figure were those unfortunate ones at the base.....can't blame the average Iraqi soldier at the moment just seems like poor leadership at the top

Lotsa Iraqi commanders were sacked by Abadi. Iraqi army is a body without a head by now. So I read. Lemme check my source again.

Lotsa Iraqi commanders were sacked by Abadi. Iraqi army is a body without a head by now. So I read. Lemme check my source again.
The Independent reporting ISIS just 1 mile outside baghdad...are they planning to take over...surely they can't whats the end game there for ISIS??

The Independent reporting ISIS just 1 mile outside baghdad...are they planning to take over...surely they can't whats the end game there for ISIS??

Just saw on English paper. Not sure how worthy of journalism in it?

Cost of US war against Isis passes $780m as Pentagon hints request for more

29 September 2014

The cost of the US-led war against the Islamic State (Isis) militant group has totalled at least $780m, according to a new estimate, as US drones and warplanes continued to attack Isis positions in Iraq and Syria on Monday.

The US defense secretary, Chuck Hagel, said on Friday that the US military is spending up to $10m a day and is likely to request more money from Congress to fund a war whose duration is uncertain. In August, before the US expanded strikes against Isis into Syria, the Pentagon estimated its daily war costs at $7.5m and has yet to provide a more precise estimate.

The Center on Strategic and Budgetary Assessments (CSBA), a thinktank influential with the Pentagon, estimated on Monday that the air war has already cost between $780m and $930m between 8 August, when it began, and 24 September.

Cost of US war against Isis passes $780m as Pentagon hints request for more | World news | theguardian.com

Last edited:

The top 2 commanders were useless, I could do better then them, it doesn't take a genius to set up a training program and build a barrier on the Syrian border to cut ISIS in half. Something I knew Iraq needed way before this crisis but somehow it never came up in their cretin brain.

ATGM attack on Iraqi M1 Abrams

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And the tank still survived as far as I know, earlier I saw a vid of an ATGW attack on an Iraqi Abrams and it survived despite being downgraded, it shows how capable the tank is, but without infantry around the tank it's a sitting duck to ISIS.

Back
Top Bottom