What's new

Iraq's war against IS terrorism | Updates and Discussions

The Baghdad government did the mistake to refuse to grant Sunni Arabs autonomy in Anbar. Instead they condemned Sunni leaders like Hashimi to death and shot at protesters. A very bad mistake. Now Anbar will be de facto independent for the next years

that's the entire Fcking point. WTF will the Sunnis do? Great if they'd join Saudi, but they don't want it. WTF are they going to do? There is NO OIL in Sunni Iraqi areas. I applaud Sunnis for being brave people, and warriors of the Lord, but even they like money and jobs. ALL Iraqi oil is in Shia and Kurd areas.

I'm not being an a-sshole, but can somebody answer my question? What is going to happen when there is a poor Sunni state?

Shias and Sunnis need to be separated in the M.E. They cannot live together.

Mind you, they don't seem to be able to live in peace with anyone else either.

that's the entire Fcking point. WTF will the Sunnis do? Great if they'd join Saudi, but they don't want it. WTF are they going to do? There is NO OIL in Sunni Iraqi areas. I applaud Sunnis for being brave people, and warriors of the Lord, but even they like money and jobs. ALL Iraqi oil is in Shia and Kurd areas.

I'm not being an a-sshole, but can somebody answer my question? What is going to happen when there is a poor Sunni state?

Partition is unrealistic, at least in officially proclaimed legal sense. I doubt the Iraqi government or Syrian regime would agree to officially partition the Syria and Iraq. Because it means official concessions to be made and actual borders to be drawn. They will however accept that some cities will be in an unofficial sense defacto states. Question is, both states are in state of war. So even if partition is reached, many things will be violated.

Partition is unrealistic, at least in officially proclaimed legal sense. I doubt the Iraqi government or Syrian regime would agree to officially partition the Syria and Iraq. Because it means official concessions to be made and actual borders to be drawn. They will however accept that some cities will be in an unofficial sense defacto states. Question is, both states are in state of war. So even if partition is reached, many things will be violated.

Agree? I don't think they have much choice (international preassure). Normally in these cases warring parties will go back and forth, and finally something will be settled. The real question was though, how do the Sunni heartlands survive, from lack of resources. Of will the GCC help them?

What do you think Daesh is about? Why do you think Kerry visited Lavrov? Syria is going to become three states, pretty soon. The West won't allow the opposition to reach Dimashq or the Alawite/Druze parts. Syrian Kurdistan is all but seperated. Iraq isn't far behind. They are redrawing Sykes-Picot in the way they should have drawn it in the first place.

The question remains: wtf are a bunch of poor Sunni bastards, many of whom are radicalized, going to do without resources.

Ramadi: Brave Iraqi troops had held out isis for 16 months, with very little help from bagdad before crumbling

bagdad left the sunni iraqi troops to defend with minimum assistance.

Iran-backed militias 'head for Iraq's IS-held Ramadi' - BBC News

Nice fabrication and usual lying.

Sunni tribes refused Shia presence in Anbar province for months, now they are begging 'evil Shias' to liberate them from the very same ISIS they first considered as 'revolutionaries'.

Now that their cities fell to IS, they suddenly felt the need of Shia presence in Anbar, which they dogmatically refused till now.

Nice fabrication and usual lying.

Sunni tribes refused Shia presence in Anbar province for months, now they are begging 'evil Shias' to liberate them from the very same ISIS they first considered as 'revolutionaries'.

Now that their cities fell to IS, they suddenly felt the need of Shia presence in Anbar, which they dogmatically refused till now.

:omghaha::omghaha:

say thankyou USAF

IS seizes Iraqi army base; PM to send in Shia fighters
*Security forces withdraw from Anbar Operations Command after it comes under attack by insurgents

is-seizes-iraqi-army-base-pm-to-send-in-shia-fighters-1431897198-3658.jpeg

BAGHDAD: Islamic State militants drove security forces from a key military base in western Iraq on Sunday and Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi authorised the deployment of Shia paramilitaries to wrest back control of the mainly Sunni province.

Members of the security forces said they had withdrawn from the Anbar Operations Command after it came under attack by the insurgents, who have now trapped them in an area to the west of the city of Ramadi. One officer among them who asked to remain unnamed said the militants were urging the security forces via loudspeaker to discard their weapons, and promising them safety in return. The recent Islamic State gains in Anbar province represent the biggest victory for the insurgents in Iraq since security forces and Shia paramilitary groups began pushing them back last year.

A spokesman for Abadi said the prime minister had ordered paramilitaries to prepare to “support the armed forces and restore control over all parts of Anbar”, after the provincial council voted in favour of their deployment. Shia paramilitaries have played a leading role in reversing Islamic State gains elsewhere in Iraq, but have so far been kept on the sidelines in Anbar due to concerns about inflaming sectarian violence. Earlier on Sunday, the insurgents overran one of the last remaining districts held by government forces in Ramadi, having seized most of the city over the past two days.

A contingent of Iraqi special forces had been holding out in the Malaab neighborhood, but retreated to an area east of the city after suffering heavy casualties, security sources said. Anbar provincial council member Athal Fahdawi described the situation in Ramadi as “total collapse”. Ramadi is the capital of Anbar, Iraq’s largest province, and one of just a few towns and cities to have remained under government control in the vast desert terrain, which borders Saudi Arabia, Syria and Jordan.

Islamic State, which emerged as an offshoot of al Qaeda, controls large parts of Iraq and Syria in a self-proclaimed caliphate where it has massacred members of religious minorities and slaughtered Western and Arab hostages. The United States and its allies have been pounding the militants for months with air strikes in both countries. Washington said on Saturday its special forces had killed a senior IS figure in a raid into Syria. Over a period of 24 hours up to 0500 GMT on Sunday, the U.S.-led coalition carried out seven air strikes near Ramadi, according to a statement — the highest number on any single location in Iraq and Syria.

Police and army officials said four nearly simultaneous bombings targeted police officers defending the Malaab district in southern Ramadi, killing 10 and wounding 15. Among the dead was Col. Muthana al-Jabri, the chief of the Malaab police station, they said. Later on, police said three suicide bombers drove their explosive-laden cars into the gate of the Anbar Operation Command, the military headquarters for the province, killing five soldiers and wounding 12.

Fierce clashes erupted between security forces and Islamic State militants following the attacks. Islamic State militants later seized Malaab after government forces withdrew, with the militants saying they now held the military headquarters. A police officer who was in Malaab said retreating forces left behind about 30 army vehicles and weapons that included artillery and assault rifles. He said some two dozen police officers also went missing during the fighting. All the officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they weren’t authorized to talk to journalists.

They have THE WATER.

They have THE WATER.

Still, better to have oil. What are they going to do, blow up the dams? Shia Iraq can buy all the water it needs. Kidding aside though, how will the Sunni parts survive financially if this plan happens?

AJ reporting IS attack on Khalidyah in Anbaar

Agree? I don't think they have much choice (international preassure). Normally in these cases warring parties will go back and forth, and finally something will be settled. The real question was though, how do the Sunni heartlands survive, from lack of resources. Of will the GCC help them?

Why would Sunnis ask for partition if they're winning? Sunnis will take over Syria and Iraq within a year if the United States doesn't intervene to prevent that. So your question is answered.

Iraq under Shia control has been an failure. On all fronts. Better give it back to the original owners. And the economy, security situation، etc...will improve.

We need to wake up Genghis Khan to clean up the whole place!

Back
Top Bottom