What's new

Iraqi Christians forced to pay 'protection tax'

It doesnt matter; In today's world it is called discrimination. This is not the medival times. There is something called Human Rights. You are

Thats not a advantage; it is an insult. Every person loves the country the same, no matter what the religion. I love my country and So do you yours. imagine if you were denied the same.A Christian Iraqi will love Iraq as much as Muslim.

You have opened my eyes on Jizya, its even worse than I thought. My country isnt truely mine...what a feeling to have!!!!!!!!

In 2006, Indian magazine Outlook reported that although India has sizeable Muslim and Sikh minorities, there was not one single Muslim or Sikh in the SPG. Reuters quoted an anonymous Indian intelligence official as saying, It is an unwritten rule in the SPG that they cannot recruit a Muslim or a Sikh."

Rejecting Sikh recruits is rumored to be unofficial SPG policy because the assassination of Indira Gandhi was committed by two of her own bodyguards, Sikhs, who were retaliating for a bloody clash between the Indian Army and Sikh insurgents in Amritsar, Punjab.
Even under the current govt where a sikh is prime minister he can not be protected by another sikh.
It is somewhat less clear why there are no Muslims in the SPG.

But let me guess you have reasons for using "discrimination" and not giving there "human rights" and "making a second class citizen of a person of differnet faith.!"

"You have opened my eyes on india, its even worse than I thought."

Dabong,

There are problems in India and you are talking about "unwritten rules"...lol

PS: The most powerful civilian man in India is a Sikh,

The most powertful military man in india ARMY chief is a Sikh

The NEXT ARMY CHIEF OF INDIA IS A MUSLIM.

So you are points are really moot, blowing up some small problems to fit your agenda

So please answer my questions, rather than diverting thread to India. You are better than that.

Sorry but in this case it is aaallllllllll America's fault. They created a situation where a religious intolerance can flourish. This environment did not exist before the came and "liberated" the Iraqi's

Absolutly wrong. Relgious intolerance existed. but it was one sided. Kurds were gassed, Shias were targeted.

Now the only difference is that both settles scores instantly.

Absolutly wrong. Relgious intolerance existed. but it was one sided. Kurds were gassed, Shias were targeted.

Now the only difference is that both settles scores instantly.

Ah there must be a new religious grouping that I had not heard of.....the KURDS! And the scores are not being one way......both sides are playing dirty.
The Shia's were not targeted because of their religion rather for their links to Iran (and to keep the important oil regions under control).Saddam didn't care about the religious aspects but more about control.

The Kurds were suppressed (also by the Turks you might like to note) because of the whole greater Kurdistan issue.
There are not the same tensions between Shia's and Sunni's and the Kurds. So the sectarian strife has been caused by a see-saw imbalance that has been caused by the outside intervention.

Dabong,

There are problems in India and you are talking about "unwritten rules"...lol

I was not quoting myself but an indian official.....lol

So you are points are really moot, blowing up some small problems to fit your agenda

As i said before when you carry out discrimination and not give the full human rights to a person there is always some logical reason or a small problem given for the reason.
You point about the sikh chief of army is pointless as the true measure of how much india trust its minorities is how many has it got in the protection squad.....none.
Having a sikh or a muslim as your president or prime minister is nothing more then window dressing.

Adux, for a guy who's country has people they consider too low class to touch, you seem awefully righteous.

Dude Jizya is different from protection tax.

That's been a common misconception. In the Islamic system Muslims are required to pay the Zakat tax and non-Muslims are not. While non-Muslims have to pay Jiziya. Everybody is taxed.

It's gotten a bad rep since historians didn't explain both sides of the coin in the non-Muslim world. Muslims formalized the tax collection methods in the old days and hence many, especially non-Muslims were uncomfortable with the payment of taxes. Paying Zakat taxes is a religious duty in Islam, but also falls in line with secular collection of tax. It makes no difference.

This Iraqi phenomenon is much like what you described. A protection tax, what we in Pakistan call bhatta or in India, Hafta.

I criticize Americans more since they knocked off the first domino and the burden of putting things straight falls upon them. They are also an actual entity in Iraq, while the others are either sham powerless governments or militias from whom this sort of activity is expected. America is not blamed for the tax collection but for putting these sort of people in Power.

so if every body is texed in a muslim state then where does all that tax goes...?
where does zaqat and jazya goes......wheres the system.......who does it helps?...who benefits from it? schools? poor? children?....
families ? jobless people..? community..? welfare..?

or all goes to military.....?

so if every body is texed in a muslim state then where does all that tax goes...?
where does zaqat and jazya goes......wheres the system.......who does it helps?...who benefits from it? schools? poor? children?....
families ? jobless people..? community..? welfare..?

or all goes to military.....?

There are eight categories of people who may receive the collected Zakat 9:60:

* The Poor (those who do not have enough to cover their basic needs. This includes anyone of any religion or race)

* The Destitute (those with no property or income at all)

* The Collectors

* People Whose Hearts are to be Reconciled (Normally new Muslims or those close to becoming Muslim. Even non-muslims could be included)

* Freeing Slaves

* Debtors (to help those heavily indebted with paying their debts)

* In the Way of Allah (normally taken to mean helping those fighting [jihad])

* Travellers (who find themselves in difficult circumstances)

Dont know how its currently distributed in Pak, Asim? Neo?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom