What's new

Iraq shia millitia atrocities on sunni

United

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
tag-reuters-12.jpg
SULIMANIYAH, Iraq — Executing hundreds of prisoners without trial. Arbitrarily arresting villagers along sectarian lines. Hanging bodies from power lines to instill fear in the local community. Gunning down dozens of civilians as they gather to pray.

While the world is focused on the IS terror threat, the US-trained and backed Iraqi government forces and their band of ruthless Shia militia groups have been carrying out atrocities of their own against Sunni civilians, on a scale that in some ways parallels their “terrorist” counterparts.

“Atrocities are being committed on both sides [by government-backed Shia militias and IS],” said Donatella Rovera, Amnesty International's senior crisis response adviser. “The crimes being committed by Shia militias throughout Iraq amount to war crimes. These are not one-off cases. They are systematic and widespread.”

“As incredible as it may seem, the IS-controlled areas are safer [for Sunnis] because if you do not step out of line, by and large they leave the Sunnis alone.”~Donatella Rovera, Amnesty Internationa

In a grisly video recently posted online, a Shia fighter shouts the name of a revered imam in victory as he poses beside decapitated bodies. Another militiaman sits nearby, grinning as he maims a corpse.

Several videos posted online seem to be intentionally made by the Shia militiamen to show off atrocities and intimidate opponents.

Last month, Amnesty International said Shia militias are increasingly to blame for kidnappings and retaliatory killings of Sunnis.

Last edited:
There is always a reason behind any peoples movement, If Saddam Hussain is sunni, then we not witnessed any mass movement in public against him, remember shia's in majority in Iraq.

There is always a reason behind any peoples movement, If Saddam Hussain is sunni, then we not witnessed any mass movement in public against him, remember shia's in majority in Iraq.
Yes, because he killed all those mass movements, resulting in death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

Genius post indeed. How about reading Kurdish rebellion against his tyranny and Shia uprising in 1991?

Yes, because he killed all those mass movements, resulting in death of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

Genius post indeed. How about reading Kurdish rebellion against his tyranny and Shia uprising in 1991?

Saddam was an evil man. I do not understand why people tend to support him... just because he stood up to the west? Well there were a lot of good people who stood up to the west like Shirin Ibadi and did not take up weapons either

ISIS is the result of these atrocities but most importantly two wrongs doesnt make it right.

@1000 ur views?

“As incredible as it may seem, the IS-controlled areas are safer [for Sunnis] because if you do not step out of line, by and large they leave the Sunnis alone.”~Donatella Rovera, Amnesty International

Rovera is an official retard using that logic to put ISIS in a good light, western news agencies quoted locals just after the fall of Mosul that locals suddenly experienced no more car bombings, ISIS removed checkpoints, no more traffic jams. Did the local Sunnis in Mosul step out of line to be bombed before ISIS controlled the area ? Surely not, they were just cheap trash and they still are as this group kills Muslims all over the world, hint : your fellow TTP.

In Anbar we have seen massacres of entire tribes, first Nimr now it's Jubours turn, not just the fighters but the family of those fighters as well. In Deir al Zor ISIS massacred the Al Shtat tribe yet we heard nothing from you or @Arabian Legend which shows how much people care indicating it's hatred for Shi'ites rather then care for the people killed by the militias.

As this source shows
Islamic State has detained as many as 500 men and boys from the Jubouri tribe since Sunday, after some youths tore down the group’s signature black banner from a square in the town center and replaced it with an Iraqi flag.

Source: In Iraq, Islamic State fighters seize Sunni tribesmen for resisting rule - The Washington Post

Currently the Shi'a militias have taken a more moderate stance of leaving Sunnis alone and they will drop their weapons after ISIS is dealt with as they did in 2008 ( Mahdi militia melting away from Sadr city/Basra ) , the majority ( except for a small number of extremist retards ) of them are leaving Sunnis alone focusing on ISIS, anyway you shouldn't take my word.. why would you trust me, trust the Anbaris who requested help from Shi'a militias recently.

As you see here
BAGHDAD — Iraqi Sunni tribesmen, Iraqi Shiite militia fighters and Iraqi security forces set out Saturday to recapture a key city in Anbar province and stop Islamic State atrocities against a local tribe in an extraordinary coalition that could stir sectarian tensions or potentially serve as a model for future cooperation against the militants.

Source: BAGHDAD: In Iraq, forces join together in rare show of sectarian unity | World | SanLuisObispo

Nevertheless considering the small numbers of extremist retards in the militias the army has ordered Shi'ite militias not to go or interfere in Sunni inhabited regions as this western source states.

(Reuters) - Iraqi government troops have ordered Shi'ite militias to stay back from the front lines to reduce hostility from villagers as they advance into Sunni areas held by Islamic State fighters.

Source : To ease Sunni fears, Iraq orders Shi'ite militias back from front line| Reuters

That's my view, though you should not only seek my view but the view of other Arabs in the region as well.

Take for example a neighbor from Jordan, @BLACKEAGLE who really believed ISIS was a little group with tribal revolutionaries or as called in Arabic Thuwar al Asair were the ones leading the fight even though I told him there are no tribal revolutionaries they insisted on the fantasy whilst there are no video's of any such groups, The tribal revolutionary cover is simply used by enemies to paint ISIS as a peaceful local revolutionary group against evil Safavid oppressors ( FSA attempt in Iraq whilst there's no such group). Now blackeagle thinks the new Abadi gov isn't sectarian, but it's too late for many Anbaris as the cancer ( ISIS ) has entered their streets already, removing it is possible but will cost the life's of many, especially local Sunnis.

Saudi Arabia called the Iraqi army the Maliki forces ( Quwwat al Maliki ) mainly through Al Arabiya, they also painted ISIS as a tribal revolutionary force against Safavid oppression but suddenly as Maliki left and Abadi came they quit doing that and started a large campaign against ISIS, you see the amount of BS ? ask @Mosamania he knows it himself.

Meanwhile Al Jazeera of MB ruled Qatar continue praising ISIS, Turkey has been the access point into Syria for all terrorists it's hard to believe that they can't rule that border considering they're quite organized with no one going through Jordan to join ISIS though who doubts it when the MB rules that country and world leaders accused MB ruled Qatar of funding ISIS.

Currently there's no luxury to appease Shi'a hating you and have the army turn against the militia's, it'll help ISIS which no one wants. As of today both sects have active militias fighting ISIS ( Sahwat and Shiite groups ) they're required as they are a light mobile force which is the most suitable for ground counter insurgency, Iraqi army is too heavy using armored vechiles giving them a disadvantage against ISIS which mainly uses maneuver warfare.

But that is Iraq's problem, if you wish to speak of the global problem with extremists then surely Sunni Muslims come on top which is not me being sectarian, it's plain truth backed up by weekly if not daily terrorist attacks in the region and sometimes in other parts of the world.

That's my view.

Rovera is an official retard using that logic to put ISIS in a good light, western news agencies quoted locals just after the fall of Mosul that locals suddenly experienced no more car bombings, ISIS removed checkpoints, no more traffic jams. Did the local Sunnis in Mosul step out of line to be bombed before ISIS controlled the area ? Surely not, they were just cheap trash and they still are as this group kills Muslims all over the world, hint : your fellow TTP.

In Anbar we have seen massacres of entire tribes, first Nimr now it's Jubours turn, not just the fighters but the family of those fighters as well. In Deir al Zor ISIS massacred the Al Shtat tribe yet we heard nothing from you or @Arabian Legend which shows how much people care indicating it's hatred for Shi'ites rather then care for the people killed by the militias.

As this source shows

Currently the Shi'a militias have taken a more moderate stance of leaving Sunnis alone and they will drop their weapons after ISIS is dealt with as they did in 2008 ( Mahdi militia melting away from Sadr city/Basra ) , the majority ( except for a small number of extremist retards ) of them are leaving Sunnis alone focusing on ISIS, anyway you shouldn't take my word.. why would you trust me, trust the Anbaris who requested help from Shi'a militias recently.

As you see here

Nevertheless considering the small numbers of extremist retards in the militias the army has ordered Shi'ite militias not to go or interfere in Sunni inhabited regions as this western source states.

That's my view, though you should not only seek my view but the view of other Arabs in the region as well.

Take for example a neighbor from Jordan, @BLACKEAGLE who really believed ISIS was a little group with tribal revolutionaries or as called in Arabic Thuwar al Asair were the ones leading the fight even though I told him there are no tribal revolutionaries they insisted on the fantasy whilst there are no video's of any such groups, The tribal revolutionary cover is simply used by enemies to paint ISIS as a peaceful local revolutionary group against evil Safavid oppressors ( FSA attempt in Iraq whilst there's no such group). Now blackeagle thinks the new Abadi gov isn't sectarian, but it's too late for many Anbaris as the cancer ( ISIS ) has entered their streets already, removing it is possible but will cost the life's of many, especially local Sunnis.

Saudi Arabia called the Iraqi army the Maliki forces ( Quwwat al Maliki ) mainly through Al Arabiya, they also painted ISIS as a tribal revolutionary force against Safavid oppression but suddenly as Maliki left and Abadi came they quit doing that and started a large campaign against ISIS, you see the amount of BS ? ask @Mosamania he knows it himself.

Meanwhile Al Jazeera of MB ruled Qatar continue praising ISIS, Turkey has been the access point into Syria for all terrorists it's hard to believe that they can't rule that border considering they're quite organized with no one going through Jordan to join ISIS though who doubts it when the MB rules that country and world leaders accused MB ruled Qatar of funding ISIS.

Currently there's no luxury to appease Shi'a hating you and have the army turn against the militia's, it'll help ISIS which no one wants. As of today both sects have active militias fighting ISIS ( Sahwat and Shiite groups ) they're required as they are a light mobile force which is the most suitable for ground counter insurgency, Iraqi army is too heavy using armored vechiles giving them a disadvantage against ISIS which mainly uses maneuver warfare.

But that is Iraq's problem, if you wish to speak of the global problem with extremists then surely Sunni Muslims come on top which is not me being sectarian, it's plain truth backed up by weekly if not daily terrorist attacks in the region and sometimes in other parts of the world.

That's my view.

Everyone outside of Mullahstan called it that or at least criticized the regime of Maliki for very good reasons. Besides the media of KSA have been anti-ISIS for almost 2 years now. Whoever told you anything about that suddenly happening now is bullshitting.

Moreover only retards equal the 500.000-1000.000 (in total over several months time) or so protestors in Ramadi and elsewhere across the Sunni majority inhabited provinces of Iraq as ISIS.

Those Shia militias are not much better than ISIS and that's a fact. They are just not dumb enough to propagandize their brutality for all to see. Yet they have been found to kill civilians as well. No difference whether you get blown up, beheaded or shot to death or tortured as the Shia militias love to do.

The simple fact that all those Iraqi Shias are crying all day long about Sunnis but turning a blind eye to their Shia terrorist militias and their leaders who killed thousands upon thousands of innocent Sunnis is also telling of how messed up Iraq has become.

abu-deraa-small.jpg

Iraq will continue to remain a backwater as long as those militias are roaming around.

I can assure you that no Iraqi Sunni Arab living inside Iraq is willing to have Shia terrorist militias sponsored by Mullahstan around him. Once ISIS gets defeated they will not accept those militias and will fight them.

Last edited:
Everyone outside of Mullahstan called it that or at least criticized the regime of Maliki for very good reasons. Besides the media of KSA have been anti-ISIS for almost 2 years now. Whoever told you anything about that suddenly happening now is bullshitting.
Criticize as you like, but to paint ISIS as tribal revolutionaries during Maliki and to call them ISIS after his departure shows the amount of BS thrown around. Anti ISIS yes, but camouflaged them as revolutionaries until the arrival of Abadi.

Moreover only retards equal the 500.000-1000.000 (in total over several months time) or so protestors in Ramadi and elsewhere across the Sunni majority inhabited provinces of Iraq as ISIS.
There were ISIS flags in those protests, ISIS infiltrated the protests and the locals simply ignored it out of hatred for Maliki which is fine by me, their choice.. But they should have thought and known better then letting this cancer establish themselves, now look what happened to Nimr and Jabour tribe, and it's far from over, before the cancer dies it'll kill many more.

Those Shia militias are not much better than ISIS and that's a fact. They are just not dumb enough to propagandize their brutality for all to see. Yet they have been found to kill civilians as well. No difference whether you get blown up, beheaded or shot to death or tortured as the Shia militias love to do.

The simple fact that all those Iraqi Shias are crying all day long about Sunnis but turning a blind eye to their Shia terrorist militias and their leaders who killed thousands upon thousands of innocent Sunnis is also telling of how messed up Iraq has become.
Those militias are just like ISIS when they become vigilantes, once they apply vigilantism in towns they aren't any different then terrorists as the will terrorize the people, but when fighting ISIS whether avoiding or working together with Sunnis they can be accepted for the time being as they're a necessity, I explained why they are, they are a similar force even though not as good trained as ISOF, a light fast and mobile force effective for counter terrorism.

That's Abu dir3a which is one of the extremist retards as I mentioned, similar to extremist retard wathiq al battat which was arrested, but not all members of the militias are extremists.

Iraq will continue to remain a backwater as long as those militias are roaming around.
Like I told United

Currently the luxury isn't there to have the army turn against the militia's, it'll help ISIS which no one wants. As of today both sects have active militias fighting ISIS ( Sahwat and Shiite groups ) they're required as they are a light mobile force which is the most suitable for ground counter insurgency, Iraqi army is too heavy using armored vechiles giving them a disadvantage against ISIS which mainly uses maneuver warfare.

Once the opportunity comes they will be disbanded as Abadi stated.

23_06_2014_32279524439_748313-2.jpg

A man that has killed hundreds if not thousands of civilian Sunni Arabs has never been punished by the Iraqi state and is now leading one of the many terrorist Shia militias in Iraq that are guilty of war crimes as well as Amnesty International points out. Quite ironic all while the Shias are crying about ISIS (read all Sunnis in Iraq) forgetting that those now combating them are not really THAT much different again. I could not give two shits about them or the Kurdish terrorists though. Just showing why Iraq will remain a backwater as long as such things are tolerated by the state. Anyway let them kill each other. Apparently they never learn.

Anyway the local Sunni Arabs and not some Shia militias are doing all the dirty work as usual. Let the Shia terrorist militias take credit for it and their farsi fanboys.

Last edited:
^^ Already said he will be dealt with once the possibility comes, Wathiq al battat was arrested as well. This is a bigger dog, arresting him creates many Army-Shia militia clashes which makes ISIS happy, can Iraq afford that ? No.

Perhaps you want to help Iraqi gov against ISIS, then it might be possible, otherwise don't expect the impossible from a weak army facing an already hardened mass suicide bombing enemy

@al-Hasani you know that I am not sectarian so take my info without any religious opinion, take current army capabilities into count then you will understand there's no possibility of agressive move towards ISIS fighting militias, even the US is not asking Iraq to do that as of now, they will however afterwards but they act rational not emotional.

Criticize as you like, but to paint ISIS as tribal revolutionaries during Maliki and to call them ISIS after his departure shows the amount of BS thrown around. Anti ISIS yes, but camouflaged them as revolutionaries until the arrival of Abadi.

There were ISIS flags in those protests, ISIS infiltrated the protests and the locals simply ignored it out of hatred for Maliki which is fine by me, their choice.. But they should have thought and known better then letting this cancer establish themselves, now look what happened to Nimr and Jabour tribe, and it's far from over, before the cancer dies it'll kill many more.

Those militias are just like ISIS when they become vigilantes, once they apply vigilantism in towns they aren't any different then terrorists as the will terrorize the people, but when fighting ISIS whether avoiding or working together with Sunnis they can be accepted for the time being as they're a necessity, I explained why they are, they are a similar force even though not as good trained as ISOF, a light fast and mobile force effective for counter terrorism.

That's Abu dir3a which is one of the extremist retards as I mentioned, similar to extremist retard wathiq al battat which was arrested, but not all members of the militias are extremists.

Like I told United

Currently the luxury isn't there to have the army turn against the militia's, it'll help ISIS which no one wants. As of today both sects have active militias fighting ISIS ( Sahwat and Shiite groups ) they're required as they are a light mobile force which is the most suitable for ground counter insurgency, Iraqi army is too heavy using armored vechiles giving them a disadvantage against ISIS which mainly uses maneuver warfare.

Once the opportunity comes they will be disbanded as Abadi stated.

ISIS had a tiny presence in those legitimate protests against the Al-Maliki regime. You are telling me that 1.000.000 people in total are ISIS all while ISIS has about 25.000 members in total (both Syria and Iraq)?:lol: Many of the protestors were regular kids, elders, women even (yes) etc. I am not saying that they were not infiltrated by a minority of ISIS supporters/silent supporters I am just against you painting those protests as ISIS protests.

Al-Maliki choose to become the enemy of not only KSA but practically every country outside of Mullahstan. You know that yourself. Besides the media in KSA has been anti-KSA and anti-Al-Qaeda pre-2003. In fact KSA suffered from terror attacks long before 2003 where this came to Iraq.

Yes, some kids flying those flags or a few retards in groups of thousands upon thousands of people. Not buying that. If that was the army of ISIS Baghdad would have fallen now.

I get the logic. The Iraqi army failed massively this summer and now things are moving in the right direction which is good but it's a giant sign of desperation, incompetence and hypocrisy that they use those "Shia" militias (basically terror groups that not only terrorized and terrorizes the Sunni population but also terrorized the Shia population when they controlled Shia majority areas) to combat ISIS. Which sane state uses terrorists to combat terrorists? Yes, ISIS are more brutal than Shia militias in general, more extreme etc. but that's not the point here. Serial killers are also worse than murderers but both are criminals and murderers.

Somehow I doubt this unfortunately as Iraq is ruled by Shia Islamists. Loyal to Mullahstan and it's in their interest to have those militias around as long as you have a hostile Sunni population. Moreover most of those Iraqi Shia Islamist parties have armed wings in case that you are not aware of this.

What I wrote just needs to be pointed out in all of this anti-ISIS rhetoric which is understandable though.

@1000 Alanbar started as a movement, later joined the ISIS. Not all of them but a small minority. Dude, I will ally with the devil against my enemies. Just put yourself in their shoes.

Second, You guys can kill each other for all I care, you have been that way since millennium. I have told you that before right? Keep it that way. What we as the GCC countries don't like to see is a change to the better in the current miserable statue quo that you and your neighbor are in as we speak.

Fuad Masum was in KSA seeking help against ISIS. They should have gone somewhere else for help. Mybe barrow the super duper stealth Qaher 313 and bomb ISIS. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom