What's new

Iraq seeking US drones to curb al-Qaida threat.

All we need unarmed drones for surveillance backed with men ready to give the order for attacking any city or village support those terrorists. Its a war of life or death there is should be no complement
at the expense of the innocent Iraqis.

NEEEEEEEVER gonna happen.

The US won't sell armed drones to Iraq, maybe surveillance drones, but armed? No way.

NEEEEEEEVER gonna happen.

The US won't sell armed drones to Iraq, maybe surveillance drones, but armed? No way.

You didnt even read the first post

WASHINGTON — Iraq's top diplomat says lethal U.S. drones could be based in Iraq to help fight a growing threat by al-Qaida.

Maybe Iran can provide ''Hamaseh'' or Qaher 313 instead.:laughcry:

Or maybe they can buy...., wait a minute, I can't find anything specific or worthy they can buy from your country. :what:

@Doritos11 : I don't think it's a good idea, it's been tried already in Pakistan and Yemen and yet, level of terrorism hasn't declined a bit in those countries. Instead Iraqi army should train professional counter-terrorism forces who can fight guerrilla war very well and also, Iraq should establish a strong intelligence service to track terrorist movements and trace them back to countries they originate from. Suicide bombers can not be detected by drones, it's very hard actually. You need PEOPLE on the ground to detect and eliminate them, professional and elite troops I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe they can buy...., wait a minute, I can't find anything they can but from your country. :what:
@Doritos11 : I don't think it's a good idea, it's been tried already in Pakistan and Yemen and yet, level of terrorism hasn't declined a bit in those countries. Instead Iraqi army should train professional counter-terrorism forces who can fight guerrilla war very well and also, Iraq should establish a strong intelligence service to track terrorist movements and trace them back to countries they originate from. Suicide bombers can not be detected by drones, it's very hard actually. You need PEOPLE on the ground to detect and eliminate them, professional and elite troops I mean.

I dont know the region where US drones operate in Yemen and Pakistan, but this is in the desert area of Syria and Iraq. the only population of that area is near the euphrates area which terrorists avoid when crossing into the country, after attack helicopters are active they are not needed anymore for all I know, but its just a request at the moment.

US will help Iraq with its intelligence agency mentioned in the article, after the war no one focused on it.

They are expanding the special forces to 2 divisions now to deal with these threats, they are highly trained by Green berets, seals, SAS, rangers.

Also Rapiscan systems have been ordered and will be deployed on the man entrances of cities, they would have to close most entrances only leave the main ones open.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming that they meant based and operated by Iraqi forces under US watch, I could be wrong.

That would require training while Iraq wants them operational as soon as possible, US operators operating them from Iraqs airports as a few years ago, together with Iraqi forces the US would be able to add close air support which Iraq misses.

That would require training while Iraq wants them operational as soon as possible, US operators operating them from Iraqs airports as a few years ago, together with Iraqi forces the US would be able to add close air support which Iraq misses.

It really wouldn't take that long, 2 years at most and they already have experience with surveillance drones.

It really wouldn't take that long, 2 years at most and they already have experience with surveillance drones.

2 years is too long, the threat is now not waiting, if the US does not sell them to Iraq theres no point in 2 years training for them to operate them.

2 years is too long, the threat is now not waiting, if the US does not sell them to Iraq theres no point in 2 years training for them to operate them.

Iraq has been doing just fine without them, why now? Helo Gun ships would be just as good.

Iraq has been doing just fine without them, why now? Helo Gun ships would be just as good.

Yes, helo gunships are ordered but it takes some time for them to be operational.
The threat is incrasing because al qaeda is organizing in Syria now, the US drones can help in the Syria-Iraq border defence project.

Yes, helo gunships are ordered but it takes some time for them to be operational.
The threat is incrasing because al qaeda is organizing in Syria now, the US drones can help in the Syria-Iraq border defence project.

It would take time for the drones to be operational too. There are more logistical problems with drones than there are with helos.

Back
Top Bottom