What's new

Iraq receives six F-16 fighter jets from U.S.

Iraq has no need for F-16 but still, US giving F-16 to Iraq is same as giving to Iran.

Aside from potential intrusion from Turkey why would Iraq need so much gear?

Maybe because it has one of the world's largest oil reserves, lays in the center of the middle east between Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia, has many enemies and has been in constant war since 1980 etc.

Would be a good idea to leave that unguarded? Iraq's neighbors have been hostile, the stronger Iraq is the more it can answer against that. In 1980s and 1990 no neighbor wanted to start something for the reason that the military was strong.

Its becoming a big regional player that needs a big military. Your question is like asking why does Saudi Arabia have a big military when their only enemy is Iran.

Syria needs some teeth too. What is going to happen there?

Iraq has no need for F-16 but still, US giving F-16 to Iraq is same as giving to Iran.
*begins trolling*
Iraq didnt need them...US needed to get one F16 covertly to Pak, so it gave Iraq 7 of them and one of those 7 was secretly flown to Pak for the count to be complete :partay:

Maybe because it has one of the world's largest oil reserves, lays in the center of the middle east between Turkey, Iran and Saudi Arabia, has many enemies and has been in constant war since 1980 etc.

Would be a good idea to leave that unguarded? Iraq's neighbors have been hostile, the stronger Iraq is the more it can answer against that. In 1980s and 1990 no neighbor wanted to start something for the reason that the military was strong.

Iraq needs more new platforms to protect its strategic assets and geographical position. Middle East is extremely unpredictable place. Stronger Iraq both militarily and economically would be a key factor for regional stability. Iraq has seen enough, and i wish only good times ahead for this country.

Iraq needs more fighters than that. Iraq should go to Russia for Su-30, Su-35 or Pakistani with JF-17. Tactical Report talks of them considering Rafale purchases but I'm not so sure.

Definitely not su30 it’s not what is cracked up to be. Even after Israelis upgrade. Was Jf17 first kill! First su30 shot down in action.

Su35 I’m holding back!

I want to see a stronger and more stabilize Iraq, just so we can get rid of ISIS ...
EVen if Iraq was 100% secure, ISIS's handlers/bosses will find other countries to relocate ISIS to. Some have been relocated to Afghanistan already. Some ISIS ran to and were redirected from Syria TO IrAQ already....and ISIS isnt doing any attacks on US in Iraq now. i wonder why.

Iraq has no need for F-16 b.
This makes no sense and is a fat lie. There is no countrry as big, populated, ME-located as Iraq that doesnt have or need an air force. Iraq with no air force is just a territory that is fully part of Iran.

Definitely not su30 it’s not what is cracked up to be. Even after Israelis upgrade. Was Jf17 first kill! First su30 shot down in action.

Su35 I’m holding back!
seriously?? did you know an iraqi air force mig-21 once shot down one of our f-14s?? or in one incident one of our f-5s hit a mig-25 with it's main gun?? so according to you mig-21 and f-5 are better than f-14 and mig-25 respectively.
technologically advancement, pilots trainings and unexpected incidents are three main factors in every air combat.

su-30 is a very deadly fighter jet but seems like it was in bad hands.

seriously?? did you know an iraqi air force mig-21 once shot down one of our f-14s?? or in one incident one of our f-5s hit a mig-25 with it's main gun?? so according to you mig-21 and f-5 are better than f-14 and mig-25 respectively.
technologically advancement, pilots trainings and unexpected incidents are three main factors in every air combat.

su-30 is a very deadly fighter jet but seems like it was in bad hands.

I brought new information concerning this fighter plane. As a potential candidate for a future Iraqi Air Force.

All I know is through out the 1980s. Our PAF F16s were shooting down Russian and afghan migs. Entering our airspace on strike missions. No losses on our PAF side !

Su30 deadly or not. Jf17 on that day kept them quite from dominating the skies. Indian su30s was far superior than Russian supplied to them. After a huge major overhaul by your ally’s Indias new friend Israel. It’s very common to see Russian made fighter planes being downed by there counterparts flying none Russian fighters. It’s none of my business either pilot is rubbish or Russian fighters are poor!

These are brand new jets. On top of that the entire squadron from Tucson ANG is being moved over to Iraq, the training in the US has come to an end.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom