What's new

Iraq reacts to U.S. Objection to buy weapons from Iran

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

The Chairman of the parliamentary committee on Security and Defense, Hassan Sinead said, " Iraq has the right to purchase any weapon of any state , even from its neighbor Iran ," pointing out that " America has no mandate on Iraq , thus we will buy weapons from anywhere."

He continued: " There are internal arrangements in the Department of Defense for purchasing Iranian weapons , which do not interfere with the security agreement with the United States , so we will buy arms from Iran, with our commitment to the ban , which was approved by the United Nations and the UN Security Council ."

However a member of the security and defense committee MP of the State of Law coalition, Abbas al-Bayati csaid that "Iraq does not need to buy weapons from Iran," denying reports of the U.S , which indicated a presence of armament contracts between Iraq and Iran .

Bayati told the Iraqi News Agency that Iraq's weapons major and basic contracts are with the U.S. and Russia , and a lesser extent with Serbia and Romania," adding that" Iraq has armament contracts with the U.S. side estimated at 12 billion dollars, and with the Russian side more than 4 billions of dollars."

He added, "All the weapons used by the Iraqi army are US-made and their munitions are American and specifically American origin, therefore, the U.S. reports that pointed to the existence of contracts with Iran are baseless ."

He pointed out that "the Russian arms began up to Iraq , where we received the first portion of the helicopter Mi 35 , and other group will arrive within the next month , and also batteries ground to air and light weapons have reached to strengthen the Iraqi defenses and fight against terrorism and terrorists ."

The United States urged Iraq to clarify the press information talked about signing a contract for the purchase of weapons from Iran , which will be a violation to the international blockade on Iran .

State Department spokeswoman, Jennifer Bsaki said " Certainly we looked at this information . If it is true , it will be great concern ."

She added , " any transfer of weapons from Iran towards another country is a direct violation of UN Security Council Resolution No. 1747 . "

She continued: "We are trying to get additional information from the Iraqi government on this matter to be confident that the Iraqi officials well understand the border ( painted ) by international law at the level of arms trade with Iran."

Iraq reacts to U.S. objection to arms deal with Iran

Why is this getting so much attention?
Its a very small contract, and last I heard it got cancelled. Geez...

He’s dreaming about other deals being cancelled, because Safavid Iran might copy the Abake and F16

Btw the news you posted is from

Thursday, 27 February 2014 10:53

Last edited:

The reactions to such contarct were likely predictable due to the arm embargo export imposed against Iran.

He’s dreaming about other deals being cancelled, because Safavid Iran might copy the Abake and F16

Btw the news you posted is from

Thursday, 27 February 2014 10:53

:lol: The tails of the Safavids are so adorable :rofl:

How many freaking time did I tell you that you don't own these forums. If you don't like what I said or post, just smash your head to the wall. The news is still fresh.

Iran already had obtained an F-16 years ago, they couldn't do a thing with it, no worries.

The AH-64 E is coming with full transfer of tech btw, which is why the price is so high.

I will post a video about this later.

The AH-64 E is coming with full transfer of tech btw, which is why the price is so high.

You sure? I never thought the US would give AH-64E tot to anyone let alone Iraq.

No offence bro but i'm just a bit skeptical. And i didn't notice anything about tot when the DSCA reported the news.

No yellow news please, Iran doesn't have any F-16, random sites bring up conspiracy theories.

Yeah everything being said about Iran belongs to the Yellow PRESS except PressTV.

Adam Namm, a former high-rank US diplomat stationed in South America DID confirm the news:

InterAmerican Security Watch – Monitoring Threats to Regional Stability » Blog Archive » Iran received an F-16 from Venezuela to calibrate its radars

Adam Namm belongs to the Inter America Security Watch, I hardly think that someone like him would open his mouth at random.

The IDF did confirm the news as well:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=472&ArticleID=1456

Given the fact that Iran poses a threat to the Israelis, they won't be confirming anything without having an extensive knowledge about it.

Here is what the CBS had to say about it as too:

Venezuela May Sell U.S. Jets to Iran - CBS News

Strategy type, an intl gathering:

Intelligence: Iran Gets An F-16

You sure? I never thought the US would give AH-64E tot to anyone let alone Iraq.

No offence bro but i'm just a bit skeptical. And i didn't notice anything about tot when the DSCA reported the news.

Actually, both of KSA and the ROK operate the AH-64E.

That's great news @Doritos11 we get the Apache with ToT this way we will beat the neighbor countries in technologies I think this news is a little bit exaggerated.

Yeah everything being said about Iran belongs to the Yellow PRESS except PressTV.

Adam Namm, a former high-rank US diplomat stationed in South America DID confirm the news:

InterAmerican Security Watch – Monitoring Threats to Regional Stability » Blog Archive » Iran received an F-16 from Venezuela to calibrate its radars

Adam Namm belongs to the Inter America Security Watch, I hardly think that someone like him would open his mouth at random.

The IDF did confirm the news as well:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=472&ArticleID=1456

Given the fact that Iran poses a threat to the Israelis, they won't be confirming anything without having an extensive knowledge about it.

Here is what the CBS had to say about it as too:

Venezuela May Sell U.S. Jets to Iran - CBS News

Strategy type, an intl gathering:

Intelligence: Iran Gets An F-16

Actually, both of KSA and the ROK operate the AH-64E.
Don't try to make diversion with lies and hide that youvhave hundreds of F15 & F16

What JEW USA actually does if someones disobey their rules? Another invasion?

Actually they are so scared to make another agression because they have attacked so many countries and are full of shame now

Don't try to make diversion with lies and hide that youvhave hundreds of F15 & F16

I appreciate your attempts to understand English. But if you care to read my post carefully, you will see that I was in no way suggesting or referring to " us " operating hundreds of F-16s, F-15s whatsoever.

I didn't bring a thing on my own either. It all started when your buddies switched into their typical defensive mode.

We do operate 155 F-15s though - 83 F-15 Eagles & 72 F-15 Strike Eagles - 84 F-15SA are on order.

There has got to be a reasoning for taking such step. If you continue your reckless approach, the world will isolate you and make you starve for another 35 years.

Actually they are so scared to make another agression because they have attacked so many countries and are full of shame now

What NATO & the Jews did to you was basically sending to the Stone Age :lol:

That's great news @Doritos11 we get the Apache with ToT this way we will beat the neighbor countries in technologies I think this news is a little bit exaggerated.

The only thing you can beat your neighbors at is with that sense of humor of yours :lol:

Interesting :lol: ...

@Malik Alashter

Regarding tech & military industry, it was on a good track before, producing & designing missiles and artillery, but it will take some time for that to recover.
Currently such efforts are being made for ground equipment, small arms to IFV/Tank.

@Malik Alashter

Regarding tech & military industry, it was on a good track before, producing & designing missiles and artillery, but it will take some time for that to recover.
Currently such efforts are being made for ground equipment, small arms to IFV/Tank.

I'm still waiting for that video of yours though.

News flash. Iraq is not a province of America. Iraq is the Arab Shia HQ and a close ally of neighbors Iran and Syria.

Back
Top Bottom