What's new

Iraq negotiators new multi-billion weapons deals with USA and Russia.

Alshawi1234

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Iraq has already sent a request for a new batch of weapons from the USA which include m1a1 tanks, Bradley fighting vehicle, Apaches, air defence systems and drones.

The tank case involved the purchase
of 140 M1A1 Abrams at just under a
billion. They want to buy another 175
at about $1.2 billion. The C130J case is
halfway complete, with three delivered
and three more to come, at a cost of less
than a billion. The Integrated Air Defense System case is under development
and could cost about $2.3 billion, but it
will require congressional notification
(meaning the Congress could veto it).
Also under development is a $3 billion
case to purchase 24 Apache helicopters.
Iraq is getting six delivered in about
nine months, under a lease arrangement, to use until the full Apache case
is completed. That case also involves
congressional notification. They want
250 Bradley Fighting Vehicles at a cost of
about $800*million, and the case is under development. Iraq also wants UAVs
(drones), but it is also dependent on
congressional notification. On the naval
front, we have delivered 11 patrol boats,
will deliver 1 more this year, are working
contracts for 3 more, and have already
delivered 2 OSVs (large transport ships)

Iraq also continues to negotiate with Russia over a second $4-$5 billion dollar deal, however most of the details are yet to be Officially confirmed. I will update this as more details are published.

Russia's arms companies have already given an official statement that the initial payments have been received from Iraq, and that producing the military hardware. A new report states that the first batch which includes 10 MI-28NE helicopters will be delIvered in the end of this year.

Iraqs fear of the Syrian conflict spill over has forced it to ask for faster delivery of more modern weapons which could help protect the national security.

Armed UAVs ?

If armed I hope MQ 9 instead of MQ 1, it carries a lot more weapons.

Iraq has already sent a request for a new batch of weapons from the USA which include m1a1 tanks, Bradley fighting vehicle, Apaches, air defence systems and drones.

Iraq also continues to negotiate with Russia over a second $4-$5 billion dollar deal, however most of the details are yet to be Officially confirmed. I will update this as more details are published.

Russia's arms companies have already given an official statement that the initial payments have been received from Iraq, and that producing the military hardware. A new report states that the first batch which includes 10 MI-28NE helicopters will be delIvered in the end of this year.

Iraqs fear of the Syrian conflict spill over has forced it to ask for faster delivery of more modern weapons which could help protect the national security.

Maliki is heading to Moscow this week to meet Putin and partake in some energy conference..possibly discuss signing second arms contract while he's there.

المالكي يلتقي بوتين في موسكو الأسبوع الحالي

بغداد ـ الصباح
من المقرر ان يلتقي رئيس الوزراء نوري المالكي الرئيس الروسي فيلاديمير بوتين في موسكو الاسبوع الحالي.وبحسب مصادر خاصة لـ”المركز الخبري لشبكة الاعلام العراقي”، فان رئيس الوزراء سيلقي كلمة العراق خلال مشاركته بصفة مراقب في منتدى الدول المصدرة للغاز الذي ستبدأ اعماله في موسكو هذا الأسبوع.من جانبه، نفى مستشار رئيس الوزراء فاضل جواد وجود صفقة سلاح جديدة وراء الزيارة المرتقبة لرئيس الوزراء خلال الايام المقبلة. وقال جواد لـ(المركز الخبري لشبكة الاعلام العراقي): ان “الزيارة التي سيقوم بها رئيس الوزراء خلال الايام المقبلة تهدف إلى المشاركة في مؤتمر للطاقة المزمع عقده في موسكو باعتباره من الدول النفطية المنتجة للطاقة”، مرجحاً حصول لقاء بين رئيس الوزراء والرئيس الروسي. وبين جواد ان “الزيارة جاءت بناء على طلب وجهته موسكو لرئيس الوزراء لحضور المؤتمر مع عدد من الدول التي لها اهمية للطاقة”.

Armed UAVs ?

If armed I hope MQ 9 instead of MQ 1, it carries a lot more weapons.

I don't think any country apart from USA operates Armed UAV.so,it'll be most probably for recon.

Many countries are starting to use em and buy em,
General Atomics MQ-1 Predator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MQ1

Italy
Morocco
Turkey
UAE

I doubt any of them will be MQ-1 version(armed version of predator).Italy most probably use RQ-1 version.others will probably use XP version.but rest assured none will be armed.what Iraq can do is to buy some "Suicide Drones"(Harop/Harpy) from Israel.but none of them are hunter killer either.actually,there is certain restriction over export of this kind of tech as drone can operate beyond 300 km(MTCR).so,there is certain restriction over transfer of this kind of tech.thats why only USA use hunter killer for now.but many countries are developing this kind of tech.only armed drones available in the market is israeli Harop/Harpy.

Only country USA sold armed UAV was UK and that was only to be used in Afghanistan for ISAF missions , you are delusional if you think USA will sell armed UAV to Iraq.

Then most likely Scaneagle.

Yeh..Americans don't export armed UAV's as far as I know...China will probably sell us some though.

A good supply of scaneagles is more urgent then armed UAVs as the attack helicopters can be called in when the UAVs spot enemies.

Then most likely Scaneagle.

Tactical UAVs like Scaneagle won't be problem probably but US will never sell forget armed UAV even non-armed Predators to Iraq in current political turmoil.I would like to say "Don't worry we can sell you UAVs even ANKA" but considering problems between AKP and Maliki goverment right now i just don't see it happening.

They should look towards dealing with US, EU and Russia for facilities rather than equipments now...

Tactical UAVs like Scaneagle won't be problem probably but US will never sell forget armed UAV even non-armed Predators to Iraq in current political turmoil.I would like to say "Don't worry we can sell you UAVs even ANKA" but considering problems between AKP and Maliki goverment right now i just don't see it happening.

Have you guys introduced your armed UAVs yet?

Have you guys introduced your armed UAVs yet?

nope.Designing of Rustom-2 has been completed in 2012.Rustam-2 will be tested in february,2014.also,other strike UCAV(Aura/USAV) are in designing stage(nobody can confirm you on that.but recently DRDO released some pics of the strike UCAV.I think work is already on),which will be introduced around 2015 and may be inducted around 2017.but officialy,DRDO is denying that there is any official "Formal project",but this project exists for quite some time now.

https://sites.google.com/site/idpsentinel/unmanned-aerial-systems/aura-ucav

Livefist: DRDO CHIEF INTERVIEW P2: Confident About UCAV, Kaveri On Board

India's first ever advanced Indian Unmanned Strike Air Vehicle will be ready for Air Force operations : NATION - India Today

my bad buddy...I quoted wrong post..:ashamed: by the way,did you quote me before as I got a notification.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom