Iraq: 124 people killed and wounded in today's bombings

Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
124 people killed and wounded in today's bombings

23/07/2012 17:27

SALAHADDIN, KIRKUK, BAGHDAD, DIYALA, NINEVEH, June 23 (AKnews) - Security sources in the Iraqi police stated today that 124 people were either killed or wounded in violent incidents that struck a number of cities in Iraq.
cms-image-000109940.jpg

An anonymous security source in Salahaddin said: "Two car bombs exploded in Abbas area in Balad district (80km south of Tikrit) without any causalities."

The source added: "Two car bombs and six improvised explosive devices exploded in different places in Tuz Khormato district including a headquarter for the Sahwat in addition to residential areas and a checkpoint. One policeman was killed and 38 people were wounded, including three policemen."
cms-image-000109949.jpg

The source added that "an armed group attacked a checkpoint that belongs to the Iraqi army in Hamrin Mountains. Four soldiers were killed and 12 others were wounded.

"A car bomb that was parked near the medical complex in Dujail district (110km south of Tikrit) exploded. One woman was killed and four others were injured.

"A mortar attack followed by the attack of gunmen by grenades on the headquarters of the Iraqi army in the area of Busalibi in Dhuluiya town south of Tikrit led to the killing of 15 people - including a lieutenant - and wounding four others."

An Iraqi police officer in Kirkuk province announced today that four car bombs exploded this morning in different areas in the province and led to either the killing or injuring of about 25 people, mostly security elements.

The source explained that "the first car bomb exploded in Kawriya area in central Kirkuk targeting a police patrol and led to the killing of three policemen and three civilians and wounded five others.
cms-image-000109948.jpg

"The second car bomb exploded in Granada area at the center of the city during the passage of the convoy of the governor of Kirkuk, who was on his way to work, without any causalities.

"The third car bomb exploded near Miraab al-Shamal area and led to the injury of ten people, including police officers, while the fourth car exploded in Dabas district targeting a patrol of the elements of Kurdish security (Asayish) and led to the injury of five of them."

The federal police in Nineveh province stated that 45 people were killed and wounded in violent incidents that hit several areas of Mosul.

Ahmed Mohammed al-Jabbouri said: "A homemade bomb exploded targeting an Iraqi police patrol in Baaj district (110km west of Mosul) injuring 12 policemen, while a car bomb exploded killing one policeman and wounding four others.

"The car bomb was parked on the roadside in Maash area and exploded killing four soldiers and two civilians, and wounding seven others. An homemade bomb also exploded targeting an Iraqi army patrol in Sadiq area east of Mosul and led to the killing of one soldier and wounding two captains - one of them is in a critical condition - and six soldiers.

"A bomb exploded in Miraab al-Shamal area north-east of Mosul and led to the killing of two soldiers and wounding four others.

A car bomb parked on the roadside of Husseiniya area northeast of Baghdad exploded and led to the killing and wounding of a number of people while three bombed motorcycles exploded in Muqdadiya district (35km north east of Baquba) and led to the killing of one person and injured 15 others.

Several Iraqi cities recently witnessed a series of attacks with cars bombs and homemade bombs that targeted mostly security personnel and left hundreds of casualties.

By Othman al-Shalash, Abdullah al-Amiri and Rizan Ahmed

RN/DM/AKnews

Thank you american democracy, now Iraq is living " The Democracy" the USA brought, Thanks.

I never heard of a car bombing in Iraq before 2003 ( Democracy invasion)

R.I.P to the victims.

Indeed, American democracy at its best, may God have mercy on America.

RIP to the souls of the victims and my condolences to their love ones.

Thank you american democracy, now Iraq is living " The Democracy" the USA brought, Thanks.

R.I.P to the victims.

You are right. Arabs need their dictators and kings, or they will resort to madness.

R.I.P to the victims.

Some people don't like democracy. Hence why you never had car bombings til 2003. People who don't like democracy tends to kill hundreds of innocents in markets and mosques.

Indeed, American democracy at its best, may God have mercy on America.

RIP to the souls of the victims and my condolences to their love ones.

May God have mercy on Muslims.

Those who said that American military presence was the prime factor of ongoing violence in Iraq, have today been viciously slapped in the face by this string of terror attacks.

Rest in peace for the people who were killed in these sectarian Muslim killings.

No Muslims don't need your god's mercy, what they need is for your country to get the hell out of their neighborhoods.

Seeing that there are no American forces in Iraq and people still killing each other. I'm definitely stating you guys need God's mercy after all.

Seeing that there are no American forces in Iraq and people still killing each other. I'm definitely stating you guys need God's mercy after all.

for sure after the USA left, the bombing will increase with the support of the CIA, why? so USA can say look we were protecting Iraqis, we achieved something, in reality, these bombings started since your invasion, so its all your fault, before 2003 you wouldn't hear any explosion in Iraq at all.

for sure after the USA left, the bombing will increase with the support of the CIA, why? so USA can say look we were protecting Iraqis, we achieved something, in reality, these bombings started since your invasion, so its all your fault, before 2003 you wouldn't hear any explosion in Iraq at all.

Thats because people disagree with democracy being created in Iraq. Ironically many Muslim foreigners who came through Syria to fight in Iraq are attempting to do the same when FSA is fighting Assad in Syria. Conflict is where terrorists love to go to to take advantage of uncontrolled state. As long as democracy exist there will always be bombings by the terrorists. In Syria I fear that when democracy comes the terrorists are going to do their best to attempt their own Sharia based state.

Innanillah hay wainnallahay rajeoon.............. May the souls of departed rest in peace. :(

And the the person or person or agency or country involve in this may burn in hell.....................and i pray they burn forever .

So much of a democracy US of A bought to this country...

Thats because people disagree with democracy being created in Iraq. Ironically many Muslim foreigners who came through Syria to fight in Iraq are attempting to do the same when FSA is fighting Assad in Syria. Conflict is where terrorists love to go to to take advantage of uncontrolled state. As long as democracy exist there will always be bombings by the terrorists. In Syria I fear that when democracy comes the terrorists are going to do their best to attempt their own Sharia based state.

Yeah, thank you i don't want democracy like i said we saw it in Libya and Iraq, and now i see it in Anaheim, CA 7 people shot down by police for protesting peacefully, you claim you are democracy and preach it to the world, while at your own house you suppress protesters. .

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom