What's new

Iran's World cup Draw: Well, S**T !

Look on the bright side my friends, if you make it to Round of 16 you'll be facing a team of Group A, so your chances of going to Quarterfinals will be quite high.

on what is this list chances of winning based?

Germany Nr 1 FIFA ranking
Germany did not loose a game since 21 games
Germany is the remaining world champion
Germany has won the Confed Cup
Germany has won 10 of its 10 quali games scoring 43goals (new record)

Argentina on 3th place? ...they luckly qualy for the world cup and are placed 3th place?
France will win it. France have better players all over the pitch than you Germans. Maybe not Lloris for Neuer for GK(though he is injury prone these days). And I like Joshua Kimmich. I rate the defense too. Varane , Umtiti , Kimpembe.....Hummels and Boateng are class though.

I have you as 2nd favourites. Then Spain. Not convinced with Brazil at all.

on what is this list chances of winning based?

Germany Nr 1 FIFA ranking
Germany did not loose a game since 21 games
Germany is the remaining world champion
Germany has won the Confed Cup
Germany has won 10 of its 10 quali games scoring 43goals (new record)

Argentina on 3th place? ...they luckly qualy for the world cup and are placed 3th place?

Well the way it works in World up is no one Generation rules over the cup over 2-3 Cups consecutively this has never happened before.

The general tendencies for a coach is to always depend on the unit that won the cup last time around and most of time new blood is not available

In term of fitness / Accurate crosses to any given point on field are Germany's specialty and being 6'5 helps trust be I have played with 1 guy just one guy who was that tall in a game and during corvers there is not much you can do if the ball comes near his head only an extra ordinary Sergio Ramos can out Jump those kind of players

However Germany have an extra ordinary GK
Who can push them to finals just on his own power
Like Oliver Kahn did in 2002
121.jpg

Well the way it works in World up is no one Generation rules over the cup over 2-3 Cups consecutively this has never happened before.

I hope you have realized that the German Team winning the Confed Cup was Germany B Team of young player... Most of the 2014 world cup winning generation is out of the Team... Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose, Podolski etc...
The only remaining from 2014 are Neuer (only if he get his foot fixed), Hummels, Kroos and Boateng... all other have to fight to get into the team agains many young highly skilled players...

I like Neuer, but he tends to make mistakes at the wrong time and gives a false sense of security at the back.
It's time to retire.

Okay, not retire. He's too good for that.
But time for some new blood.

I like Neuer, but he tends to make mistakes at the wrong time and gives a false sense of security at the back.
It's time to retire.

Okay, not retire. He's too good for that.
But time for some new blood.

at what important game he made mistakes? Germany did not loose a single game since 21games in a row..and we have enough world class goal keeper as replacement if ihe gets not fit... for example Marc Stegen... Nr1 goali at FC Barcelona

at what important game he made mistakes? Germany did not loose a single game since 21games in a row..and we have enough world class goal keeper as replacement if ihe gets not fit... for example Marc Stegen... Nr1 goali at FC Barcelona
Can we borrow one of them for this world cup ???
I always admires Germans for their goalkeepers.

I wanna say it again that I like him.
Bayern under Jupp was my favourite team of the time (even before the treble), so you can imagine Neuer was also my guy.
I still think he's great like I said, but it's time for others to come to the limelight. I mean Germans for Germany and whoever for Bayern.
Germany has no dearth of goalkeepers.

That said, this below article more or less is precisely my take on the matter. So I'll just paste it.
In brief, he stays untested for most part of the game and when tested, tends to make some booboo likely because he's not a part of the game for most part and it makes him unfocused. (Yes, he's a professional, but he's also human).
I've watched a lot of Bayern games. Most of his mistakes don't result in goals, but a "oh no" moment for a split second.
I fear that it'll result in a goal at some all important time after his team stays on top for 99%.

Manuel Neuer: Unquestionably great but no longer invincible?

September 8, 2016 Chris Brase

manuel-neuer44-e1473302593724.jpg

Since Manuel Neuer rubbed elbows with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi as a 2014 Ballon d’Or finalist he has been untouchable. The World Cup Champion goalkeeper, newly minted German national team captain and Bayern Munich stalwart has been labelled as unquestionably the best goalkeeper in the Bundesliga and the world. The very thought of questioning any aspect of the keeper’s game has been nearly an unthinkable proposition. But after years of absolute dominance, it is worth asking, although he is undoubtedly great, is he invincible?

It needs to be recognized first and foremost that Neuer doesn’t need to be the best goalkeeper in the league for the Bavarian giants to win. True, last season he led the league with 20 clean sheets as Bayern allowed a league low 17 goals. That is impressive, but consider that in his 34 appearances Neuer made just 41 saves. That is just over 1 save per game and far fewer than his German national teammates Timo Horn (72 saves in 32 appearances for FC Köln) and Bernd Leno (79 saves in 33 appearances for Bayer Leverkusen) recorded in 2015-16. Even more telling is that if Neuer made 0 saves last season and every shot taken on goal against the Bundesliga Champions while he was in goal went in, only Borussia Dortmund would have a better goal differential than a Bayern Munich sans goalkeeper. Simply put, Sven Ulrich or you or I could have been between the sticks and Bayern may have still won the league.

In the first game of this campaign, Neuer had so little to do that Bayern fans at the Allianz Arena were heard sarcastically cheering whenever he made a touch. He collected another clean sheet in the 6-0 drubbing of a hapless Werder Bremen side. In the match, Neuer recorded two saves, neither of which would have troubled a U8 goalkeeper. This in a game in which the Bayern netminder was seen having catch with the ball boys to keep himself limber.

That is the Catch-22 for Neuer as he plays for the dominant Bayern and German national team. The frequent easiness of his task is what makes it so difficult. In 90 minutes of action, Neuer is often relied on for mere seconds per game to make a keen decision or pull off a split-second reaction. He among Bundesliga goalkeepers is unique in that he needs to maintain his concentration to a degree required of few others, during minute after minute of monotony, staying sharp for that rare threatening moment. Neuer’s ability to stay so sharply focused is, like his ability with the ball at his feet, part of the arsenal of skills that keeps the Bayern Munich man the gold-standard of modern goalkeeping.

But when that rare moment of threat occurs, Neuer has experienced some minor hiccups in a way you would not expect. His shortcoming is not his shot stopping, as he saved over 70% of the attempts at the Bayern goal last season.In comparison to his contemporaries, that is about 10% higher than Horn and Leno during the same period, albeit from a smaller sample size for Neuer. It is his judgment on crosses and long balls in and around his box where some issues have arisen.

An instance from the Friday season opener against Werder Bremen illustrates the issue at hand. After standing around for 77 minutes, having to do little more than roll the ball to his defenders, a diagonal ball over the top brought Neuer flying out of his box to fend away danger. The move culminated with a Bruce Lee style flying kick that, in addition to being very awkward to watch, resulted in Neuer not only missing the ball completely but also not making contact with the on rushing Sambou Yatabare. Luckily, for Bayern, Yatabare stumbled and the defense was able to recover in time to stifle the move despite Neuer being helpless outside of his box.

A single instant in an otherwise flawless Neuer performance, absolutely, but one that continues a bit of a pattern for the Bayern keeper. A spilled cross to the feet of Antoine Griezmann in the Euro 2016 semifinal eventually led to Germany’s exit from the tournament and a terrible misjudgment of a long ball resulted in an opening goal for Benfica in the 2nd leg of Bayern’s Champion’s League quarterfinal tie last season adds fuel to the flame that Neuer is struggling slightly in this aspect of the game.

Is a mistake like this going to cost Bayern a game against Bremen or the majority of the Bundesliga? No, it was already 6-0 when Neuer went flying out of his box. However, such mistakes could prove fatal in what may become a very tight title race against a much improved Dortmund side this season,, or against the heavyweights in the late knockout rounds of the Champions League next Spring.

Is Manuel Neuer still the best keeper in the Bundesliga? Yes. Is he still the best in the world? Again, few would dare put anyone above him. Is he the rightful successor to Bastian Schweinsteiger as captain of the German national team? Absolutely. If I had to win one game and could choose from any keeper in the world would I choose Neuer? Without a doubt. Are you getting tired of hypothetical questions? I know I am, but one more. Is Manuel Neuer invincible and beyond all criticism? I think not.

We couldn't ask for a better draw. Our coach is totally familiar with Spanish and Portuguese players and their play style. Dont forget he coached Portugal and lived in Spain while coaching RM.

Also what makes me feel positive is how Spains style of play is so much in favour for us. They are totally depended on scoring goals by taking advantage of ball position. Watch any Iran game, you'll see Iran is perfectly comfortable with giving away ball position. In Argentine - Iran match, we had only 30% ball position but during 2nd half we came close to scoring 4 goals! Argentine really struggled that match even though they had 70% ball position. Even when playing asian teams we usually have less ball position but still dominate the scoreboard. So ball position doesn't work against Iran.

Portugal is an overrated hyped team. They got lucky, faced poor opponent and won every game by 1 goal. They play a boring style of football and are depended on counter attacks. Counter attacks wont work against a strong defensive team like Iran.

If we win the opening match and Spain draws or beats Portugal. We will have the advantage in the next game against Portugal. They will feel pressured and forced to play desperate and careless attacking style of football which they are not good at and we might snatch 1 or 2 goals from them.

Believe it or not, its actually the game against Morocco Im concerned about.

Portugal is an overrated hyped team. They got lucky, faced poor opponent and won every game by 1 goal. They play a boring style of football and are depended on counter attacks. Counter attacks wont work against a strong defensive

I dont know in what fantasy world u life....

Portugal won 9 of 10 world cup quali games scoring 32:4 goals
They are currently Euro Champion
They are currently 3th in FIFA world ranking

During their Quali they played Swiss (8th Fifa ranking) and beat them clearly in the last game by 2:0
In their last freindly they beat Sweden (18th Fifa ranking) in Sweden by 2:3

and btw the most boring style of football is defending only and hope for one good chance.. luckly today good teams are able to tear up such bunker teams appart with fast passing ... it is a joy to watch if highly skilled player pass around quickly till the defending team can´t keep up with the speed and start loosing position making mistakes reciving goals...
The time of easy teams to play is as much over as the time of teams like greece defending their way to a international tourment victory ... today the top teams in the world have the tactical tools (an more important the well educated player to understand tactics) to deal with every possible play...
More important today player are much more professional in their minds .... today it nearly never happend that a top team take the other team to easy and is not mentaly ready to get to the limit.
There is no strong enough defense in the world to take a guy like CR completely out of the game.... even teams like Germany have to accept that guys like Ronaldo or Messi always will have their chance in a game.... thats why they are the superstars of this sport.

The only thing that today could happen is if a team with a perfect plan A and a good plan B meets a team with a wrong plan A and no plan B... if that happen every team can beat any team i the world cup

It needs to be recognized first and foremost that Neuer doesn’t need to be the best goalkeeper in the league for the Bavarian giants to win. True, last season he led the league with 20 clean sheets as Bayern allowed a league low 17 goals. That is impressive, but consider that in his 34 appearances Neuer made just 41 saves.

You know what Oliver Kahn said..... it is extrem difficult for a goali to play for a top team...

Yes he has not many saves because the guys infront of him play excellent... BUT he has to be ready every single second to be there if the guys infront of him fail... people do not understand how difficult it is to do nothing for almost 90minutes and then there is a single moment were you have to be 100% perfect... It is much easyer to play goali in a average team were you constantly have to catch and make saves

You know what Oliver Kahn said..... it is extrem difficult for a goali to play for a top team...

Yes he has not many saves because the guys infront of him play excellent... BUT he has to be ready every single second to be there if the guys infront of him fail... people do not understand how difficult it is to do nothing for almost 90minutes and then there is a single moment were you have to be 100% perfect... It is much easyer to play goali in a average team were you constantly have to catch and make saves
Well yeah, this is my point too.
I'd like to see others in Bayern and Germany and see if they give me as many scares as Neuer.

I dont know in what fantasy world u life....

Portugal won 9 of 10 world cup quali games scoring 32:4 goals

Just shows you know nothing about football. Have you ever played yourself? You most likely just pay attention to Fifa ranking and group statistics. The qualification record of 32:4 you brag about includes 26 goals against Andorra, Faroe Islands and Latvia.

They are currently Euro Champion
They are currently 3th in FIFA world ranking

They are euro champions because they got lucky facing teams like Serbia, Armenia, Albania, Denmark, Iceland and Wales.

During their Quali they played Swiss (8th Fifa ranking) and beat them clearly in the last game by 2:0

They also lost 2:0

In their last freindly they beat Sweden (18th Fifa ranking) in Sweden by 2:3

Friendlies mean nothing

As for the rest of your post. Iran doesn't defend and wait for one chance. Just because you dont play recklessly doesn't mean you are a bunker team. Iran relies on solid defence and fast paced attacks. Our defenders helps in attacks and our forwards helps in defence. Its not uncommon that our defenders scores goals or provide assists.

Just shows you know nothing about football. Have you ever played yourself? You most likely just pay attention to Fifa ranking and group statistics. The qualification record of 32:4 you brag about includes 26 goals against Andorra, Faroe Islands and Latvia.

They are euro champions because they got lucky facing teams like Serbia, Armenia, Albania, Denmark, Iceland and Wales.

They also lost 2:0

Friendlies mean nothing

As for the rest of your post. Iran doesn't defend and wait for one chance. Just because you dont play recklessly doesn't mean you are a bunker team. Iran relies on solid defence and fast paced attacks. Our defenders helps in attacks and our forwards helps in defence. Its not uncommon that our defenders scores goals or provide assists.

next incompetent LoL posting

You dont get third place in FIFA ranking because of luck...

Every team had in the quali stage easy teams they beat with huge goal different...
https://defence.pk/pdf/posts/10059905/report
Iceland throw out England at the last Euro and currently 22th place in FIFA ranking way ahead Iran
Serbia is 38th place only 40 points behind Iran 32th place
Denmark is 12th place
Wales is 19th place

Iceland, Serbia Denmark and Wales are not handicaped mongos.... all of them would give Iran a hard run for money in a game that matters...

Back
Top Bottom