What's new

Iran's President abandons CNN interview after Amanpour declines head scarf demand

Iranians are always bragging about how they were a superpower 2000 years ago. Now in 21st century they are fighting over silly issues that are non-existent even in more backwards countries.

You dont know what is inside Iranian public mind since I believe it is not easy to do independent survey in Iran where the result may attack the regime.

Numerous polls are conducted among the Iranian population by foreign institutes and media. Some of them rather professional, like the IranPoll carried out on a regular basis by a Canadian company in cooperation with the University of Maryland. Others devoid of scientific method are published by propaganda media linked to the exiled opposition and/or hostile regimes.

In parallel, polls are conducted by various institutions in Iran as well.

I'd recommend taking a look at the IranPoll: https://www.iranpoll.com/ . Although it is the work of western entities and can therefore not be suspected of harboring any IR-friendly bias, its results often starkly contrast with the narratives peddled by mainstream media about what Iranians supposedly think.

Last edited:
Iranians are always bragging about how they were a superpower 2000 years ago. Now in 21st century they are fighting over silly issues that are non-existent even in more backwards countries.
No we were super power for more than that, deep deep down modesty is core of civilization but the point is how you seek it ... here some confuse the notion of Republic that derive its strength from people by something else.
And it exists in other countries too like France banning scarf and religious symbols the point is were you drop the red line and enforce it.

What misinterpretation ? Show us the enforcement of hijab and moral police during prophet Muhammad rule ?

Do you want to be punished by government if you dont pray 5 times a day ?

The punishment and enforcement in Islamic law only happen to Criminal conduct like stealing, murder, and also non halal sex. That is written in Quran, then show us where the punishment not wearing hijab or not praying 5 times daily in Quran ? That is only under God judgement (court), not human or government judgement (court) to decide
Based on your interpretation, even sex of any sort is a personal choice. two people want to have sex, what is it to you then?! no compulsion!

No we were super power for more than that, deep deep down modesty is core of civilization but the point is how you seek it ... here some confuse the notion of Republic that derive its strength from people by something else.
And it exists in other countries too like France banning scarf and religious symbols the point is were you drop the red line and enforce it.
The situation in France is different. They are targeting a foreign culture brought by foreigners. In Iran local women are fighting against the requirement and are being brutally suppressed.

Based on your interpretation, even sex of any sort is a personal choice. two people want to have sex, what is it to you then?! no compulsion!

You seems dont get what I mean. Of course not praying, not wearing hijab is sins, but government cannot enforce that thing. That is private thing, similar like what is inside our heart should be keep private.

Look, I have read whole Quran meaning not only once, also I have read the biography of prophet Muhammad, this is why I have confident to do debate on this one.

And please differentiate between minor and major sins and God has great forgiveness on minor sins. Of course it doesnt tell that not wearing hijab is OK as long as your dress is pretty much modest, but that is the way to make us closer to God, improve our Taqwa to the God.

1663944128681.png

-------------------------------------------------------

The important of Niat (Intention)

I would say many Ulama forget the important of niat ( intention of the heart ), we can do some Ibadah but in the end it could be seen as not ibadah as there is what Islam define as Riya inside the intention (wanting to get approval and reward from human for doing Ibadah to Allah).....

I was even shock when I heard one Ulama in my neighborhood said that he has given his life for da'wah to God only. This is something pretty dangerous if we understand about Tasawuf and the important of securing and clearing our niat (intention). That was stupid I would say and I am talking about Ulama who understand many verses and Hadiths

So if you enforce Hijab to women, that enforcement can spoil their intention

The punishment and enforcement in Islamic law only happen to Criminal conduct like stealing, murder, and also non halal sex. That is written in Quran, then show us where the punishment not wearing hijab or not praying 5 times daily in Quran ? That is only under God judgement (court), not human or government judgement (court) to decide

The situation in France is different. They are targeting a foreign culture brought by foreigners. In Iran local women are fighting against the requirement and are being brutally suppressed.

So you mean to say by logical equivalence that in Iran, the minority of rioters are fighting against their domestic culture with the aim of substituting it by a foreign one? You'd be right indeed.

Amanpour knew that her request would be turned down, and her aim was precisely to instrumentalize this as a political. The main subject of all Us based social media and outlets that provide information flow about Iran, is the headscarf issue.

Last edited:
She is a reporter, she should have done her job instead of losing the interview and infusing her own beliefs into the matter

If anything Iranian pres must be smiling it was that easy
In USA there are no laws on this matter. The Iranian President was in USA. She is of Iranian origin which might have contributed to the decision

What misinterpretation ? Show us the enforcement of hijab and moral police during prophet Muhammad rule ?

Do you want to be punished by government if you dont pray 5 times a day ?

@Indos the powers in charge get to interpret Islam. you should know better by now

So you mean to say by logical equivalence that in Iran, the minority of rioters are fighting against their domestic culture with the aim of substituting it by a foreign one? You'd be right indeed.

Is culture a static thing ? I know change is unsettling to lots of conservative people not just Iranians

Some how we are now seeing stubbornest of many world leaders in one time, never see this before................

1. Putin attacking Ukraine for no reason and he still doesnt want to stop despite reality it bites Russian economy and Putin popularity
2. Xin Jinping Covid 19 measure despite it is very bad for China economy
3. Iranian leaders stubborness on this hijab issue despite it can can flame more riots, demonstration, and general public discontent
4. Erdogan stuborness on decreasing the interest rate despite the reality shows it ruins Turkish economy
5. US The Fed stubborness on increasing interest rate despite his own country and the rest of the world suffer because of that
6. European leaders stubborness to sanction Russia despite it makes Europe and the world suffers

The Fed has no choice but to raise the interest rate. If you are in America you will understand. The impact on the rest of the world is something I wish the Biden administration pays some attention to. I doubt Sleepy Joe has the energy to address that.

Europeans have no choice but to sanction Russia. If Ukraine falls they are next. They are going to stop the Russian army in Ukraine.

Last edited:
President did tge right thing.

There are protocols suggesting that the hosting interviewer has to obey. She had to accept what Raeesi requested her.

Amanpour is half Iranian and half British. If Raeesi accepted her without hijab, because of her half Iranian part, tgen it would have been considered as hypocrisy of Iranian president.

The reason behind refusing president's lawful demand from CNN reporter was a bigger issue. It is about the girl whom was detained by police for her bad manners and unlawful behaviour, Mahsa Amini. According to her family and her doctors, she suffered from brain tumor and she underwent a brain surgery when she was 5 years old and the remanants of this surgical scars was visible on her front. She had experienced a lot of faint before this incident. Unfortunately she had an attack at the day of her getting detained.

This unfortunate incident became an excuse to undermine Iranian president.

The CNN reporter did what she was asked to do. Make a sedition

What happened to all of them saying previously ,it's women's choice to wear hijab or burka ,and there is no compulsion.

Is culture a static thing ? I know change is unsettling to lots of conservative people not just Iranians

It can evolve towards increased conservatism for instance. This said, I was referring to Iranian-Islamic culture at the present time. Also, remarkably, certain traits of culture in Iran turn out to have remained quite invariable since times immemorial. It has something to do with natural law and anthropological constants, which unites people of every obedience, from Mithraists to Zoroastrians, Moslems, up to agnostics and atheists. Hence why the masonic lodge must resort to social engineering and collective mind control techniques in order to uproot human nature.

Last edited:
Amanpour knew that her request would be turned down, and her aim was precisely to instrumentalize this as a political. The main subject of all Us based social media and outlets that provide information flow about Iran, is the headscarf issue.

Correct. She and her employers were a bit late though.

The people have spoken.

What happened to all of them saying previously ,it's women's choice to wear hijab or burka ,and there is no compulsion.
It is a complicated issue. When you are in your own house, you can do whatever shit you like but when in society, you have to obey the social laws.

Everyone and every society respects privacy of citizens. But social laws differs from one to an other.

Back
Top Bottom