What's new

Iran’s new destroyer Dena to enter service by February 2020

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
1396041514171669011331304.jpg

A new high-tech destroyer named “Dena” will join the Iranian military in February, Navy Commander Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi said on Friday (29th November) during his speech at Iran’s Navy Day.

In his speech, Khanzadi announced that the country had developed such equipment as missiles that can be launched from deep-sea submarines. According to him, with the construction of rocket launcher warships and the construction of Moudge-class destroyers, the Islamic Republic “has entered the field of naval combat”.

He said that the presence of the Iranian naval forces in international waters will continue as that presence extends the Islamic Republic’s depth. He pointed that constructing such destroyers as Moj (Wave)-class and other destroyers equipped with missiles, as well as submarines began right after the war with Iraq ended, adding that the construction of Ghadir-class submarines equipped with torpedoes started many years ago.

Khadzi also referred to other indigenous destroyers of Jamaran, Damavand, Sahand, Fateh, underlining that the presence of the Iranian naval forces in international waters will strengthen by joining of a new generation of domestically-made military equipment in order to emphasize the developrment on Iranian defence industry.

https://navalnews.net/irans-new-des...bkMrX7xyPIDFTrBNyqyFGXruoAZuQuB681JlSnG6tW154

Dena is part of the Moudge-class "destroyers" and with ~1500t you can't call them destroyers or frigates.

Dena is part of the Moudge-class "destroyers" and with ~1500t you can't call them destroyers or frigates.
And after times and times explaining it again somebody came and make another complaint about the naming.

And after times and times explaining it again somebody came and make another complaint about the naming.

Then feel free to explain again, i've no clue what you're talking buddy.

In Persian, any kind of warship is called a destroyer. They do not have the vocabulary to define warships into different categories.

We can actually divide warships into different categories if we wanted to, for example:
  • ناوچه سبک: Corvette
  • ناومحافظ/ناوچه: Frigate
  • ناوشکن: Destroyer
But these classifications are not strictly followed and we tend to simply use ناوشکن as synonymous with "warship" for some reason. Don't ask me why, lol.

In Persian, any kind of warship is called a destroyer. They do not have the vocabulary to define warships into different categories.
we have vocabulary in Farsi NAVCHE ناوچه, NAVE ناو , RAZMNAVE رزم ناو and NAVSHEKAN ناوشکن

Frigate
(ناوچه)

Cruiser
(ناو)

Battlecruiser
(رزم‌ناو)

Destroyer
(ناوشکن)

we have vocabulary in Farsi NAVCHE ناوچه, NAVE ناو , RAZMNAVE رزم ناو and NAVSHEKAN ناوشکن

Frigate
(ناوچه)

Cruiser
(ناو)

Battlecruiser
(رزم‌ناو)

Destroyer
(ناوشکن)
in fact no we don't have if you look at Dehkhoda dictionary which is the most comprehensive Persian language dictionary you see that ناو is equal to ship not warship and ناوچه means boat and in military term can be used in something like Kaman class which have a Displacement of 275 tons full load. and رزمناو is saved for Cruiser and we use ناوشکن or destroyer for any fast warship which is used for supporting land attack or operation in seas for attacking other ships or any ship equipped with Torpedos .

Then feel free to explain again, i've no clue what you're talking buddy.
last time i explained it it was 2 days ago . I didn't knew you guys have such short memory span.

last time i explained it it was 2 days ago . I didn't knew you guys have such short memory span.

You are the one who probably has a short memory span, since you can't remember which members you explained it.
I'm sure that i was not one of them. :)

You can explain it once again or you share the link of it, no need to make such ignorant comments.

You are the one who probably has a short memory span, since you can't remember which members you explained it.
I'm sure that i was not one of them. :)

You can explain it once again or you share the link of it, no need to make such ignorant comments.
Im sure it was in the public forum not PM.

Back
Top Bottom