What's new

Iran's 'hidden' alcoholism problem

All countries have problems. Name ONE without any.

Iranians are by far one of the most civil people I've met, high achievers, intellectual, shrewd businessmen, comfortable in their identity. Can't think why they can't fix their own problems.

And purely in terms of the scale of the problem, its really comparable to different problems different and all countries face. Its business as usual actually, unless you want to just bash Iran.

BS they claim they are an islamic country how come they put people to death for alcohol. :argh:
lmaooo
you're a saudi so zip it. You guys are the kings of hypocrites. The Iranians who drink, like me, don't call themselves muslims and we don't try to be two faced. You saudis drink 10 times more and all consider yourselves hardcore muslims.

shoooo saudi

go beat a woman for driving or smtg

lmaooo
you're a saudi so zip it. You guys are the kings of hypocrites. The Iranians who drink, like me, don't call themselves muslims and we don't try to be two faced. You saudis drink 10 times more and all consider yourselves hardcore muslims.

shoooo saudi

go beat a woman for driving or smtg

why iranian members resort to personal attack when they can not handle a discussion. I was talking about iran and alcohol what has saudi arabia to do with topic.

Alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, may produce all the effects of drunkenness

- Oscar Wilde

And yes, I'm slightly inebriated right now.

Not just home parties. When I was in Iran last time, Mexican, German and American beer was always a phone call away at very good prices. I paid pretty much the same as here for a 12 pack.

I said it in another thread. The regime needs to re-evaluate the shria laws. Right now it's having the opposite effect, in all areas, not just this. Our society is way different from the Saudi society. Culturally we're much more open people and 8 decades of Pahlavi rule made the country very Westernized, whether we like it or not.

People have to want something first, you can't just push your morality down their throats.

It's good. It shows how important we are. lol

Everyday one aspect of our society is being examined.

Buddy, in Iran we have the best family planning in the Middle East. We're always being used as an example by the UN. Newly weds have to take family planning etc... That's why our total fertility rate is lower then even some European countries and yours is, well you know better than me.

Total fertility rate: 1.88 children born/woman (2011 est.)

Iran: A Model for Family Planning?
Iran: A Model for Family Planning? by Janet Larsen - The Globalist

Iran's population growth rate dropped from an all-time high of 3.2 percent in 1986 to just 1.2 percent in 2001. This is one of the fastest drops ever recorded. In reducing its population growth to this level — a rate that is only slightly higher than that of the United States — Iran has emerged as a model for other countries that want to lessen the risk of overpopulation. Janet Larsen, research associate at the Earth Policy Institute, explains.

With economic sanctions it is easier to product condoms than feed people - makes sense.

Let people waste their time, if you stop them, they will take drugs. :)

Drugs alcohol is a waste of time.

Being a slave to substance....

**** dat. It's not for me.

And this is from someone who used to drink some years ago.

Back
Top Bottom