What's new

Iran's drone power

You even showed it doing ''taxi testing''...
well , it did the taxi test. what we must have said , would you liked we called that taxi test as jumping from point x to point y

We all remember exactly how Qaher was launched as a real jet and not a mock up, all the mock up talk came way later after people questioned its size and build quality.
I dont have alzheimer yet, and laugh at whatever you want i dont care. :)
not fighter jet but a fighter jet project. people just decided to not understand the project part and say its a fighter jet.

That would be an Shahed 129 but we do not have its code number, they are flying in ME for at least a good 10 years
What is the longest served UAV in Iranian Inventory ie operational hours?
it can be seme mohajer or Ababil variant , we use them a lot more than Shahed-129 and we build them far before shahed-129. its right that UAVs usuall had short time but its not strange to me if we have several of those in some branch of army that date to before introduction of Shahed-129
Shahed-129 has the highest endurance

10877978_387.png

rare photo of Iranian mohajer-1 during war with Iraq back in 80s. Iran is the first country in the region to use drone for recon missions over enemy territory.

10877997_471.jpg

IRIAF kaman-12 drone alongside of it's akhgar munition. akhgar is a unique weapon because of it's turbojet powered nature. this makes it only drone munition in ME and world which uses this approach. only similar weapon is UK spear which yet is not into production and use. akhgar specifications:
weight: 27 kg
length: 1.7 m
diameter: .13 m
warhead: 7 kg
engine: jet engine (.181kN) thrust
operational range: 30 km
speed: 600 km/h

guidance: autonomous electro-optical/human in loop
fuel capacity: 3.5 liter

akhgar is the most long range drone munition just next to British brimstone. this put's Iran in the top position of drone operators in the middle east and possibly most of the world. it worth to mention that the above mentioned range of missile achieved when it is launched from kaman-12 drone which is 120 km/h capable. if it launched from drones like shahed-191 and shahed-171 which are 600 km/h and 900 km/h capable with 4000-4500 feet service ceiling respectively, the range will increase even further and it makes it best combination to counter any short range air defence systems in middle east.
akhgar:

480_107c5190984bdad582bb3dd1d404372c.jpg

44894141_299006500955426_6216174313046214811_n.jpg

jahesh turbofan engine:

جهش.jpg

jahesh turbofan engine with single-crystal compressor blades, 700 kgf thrust and 0.48 lbf/lbf.h fuel consumption, will power new generation of Iranian stealth drones and expected to increase their range twice the previous generations. jahesh utilizes an improved managing software to increase the time between two overhaul of engine. means it will have more service life compared to previous generations.

IRIAF kaman-12 drone alongside of it's akhgar munition. akhgar is a unique weapon because of it's turbojet powered nature. this makes it only drone munition in ME and world which uses this approach. only similar weapon is UK spear which yet is not into production and use. akhgar specifications:
Incorrect here m8, the UAE-Ukranian drone uses a turbojet powered missle with 60km range and it in service with Algeria.

upload_2020-8-21_12-39-26.png

at the UAV exhibition, a new bomb very similar to the US SDB 1, a sidewinder air-to-air missile and Shahab Saqeb air-to-air missile and a Star 4 bomb (equivalent to GBU12), the Balaban bomb and the Simorgh cluster bomb, as well as the Yassin bomb were loaded on Karrar UAV. some weapons were also placed in front of it, which shows the variety of weapons Karrar UAV can carry.

Ef9XAWqXoAEPUog

Ef9XA52XoAE_S4B

Ef9XBhWWsAE5q_l

Iran probably has the most advanced drones in the ME right now. There are tons of Iranian students at western universities. At my university there are dozens of Iranian students in engineering.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom