What's new

Iran's "3rd of Khordad" air defence in action

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
A new videos released shows the 3rd of Khordad/Sevome Khordad long range air defence in production and in action. This is the system that destroyed the American $200 million RQ-4 a few months back.

Sevome Khordad is an "all in one" air defence system which has a single AESA radar that functions both as a surveillance and engagement radar. The missiles used by this system have ranges up to 105km and have active radar seekers.

Sevome Khordad vs small UAV. The poor thing never had a chance:
pic-1-jpeg.642860

pic-2-jpeg.642861

pic-3-jpeg.642862

pic-4-jpeg.642863

Last edited:
Super cool stuff. What is the range of this system? Google gives conflicting ranges of 50km and 105km. Which one is more accurate?

Those lower ranges you see were the initial versions from around the 2012 period. The current version has a range of at least 105km, and even this is from few years ago. The most up to date range is definitely more than this 105km, but I will just go with the 105km for now.

Those lower ranges you see were the initial versions from around the 2012 period. The current version has a range of at least 105km, and even this is from few years ago. The most up to date range is definitely more than this 105km, but I will just go with the 105km for now.

So 3rd Khordad is the second-most advanced Iranian air-defence system, after Bavar-313?

Pretty impressive nonetheless.

So 3rd Khordad is the second-most advanced Iranian air-defence system, after Bavar-313?

Pretty impressive nonetheless.

In terms of missile range, radar capability and overall complexity then yes, Bavar is definitely the most advanced Iranian air defence system. However, what makes this sevome Khordad a highly impressive and strategic system is its great mobility and low foot print. Here you have a system where everything is contained on a single TELAR. You can imagine how easily one could create a large "kill zone" with these system scattered and easily hidden. Recently, long ranged electro-optic systems have been added to these system to allow them function in passive modes too.

I am awaiting the arrival of a "super sevome Khordad" system with a missile range of 200km+. The IRGC (who build this system) talked about a 200km ranged missile for this system few years ago. Once the necessary radar system is ready, then I am sure we will see it.

Iran has progressed leaps and bounds when it comes to SAM production.
I hope Pak starts making long range SAM's.

I wonder how Bavar compares with HQ9?
forget about Bavar new systems are coming one that is so powerful that will crash Bavar in every aspect PK should have eye on that not just Bavar

Damn that video is slick.

I'm jealous, wish Pakistan had something like that.

All these developments were out of pure necessity. I remember a time when Iran barely had any air defence and Iranians were lamenting this fact. Should Pakistan feel the necessity for such systems, it will also develop them Inshallah.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom