What's new

Iranian woman sentenced to death to be lashed over photo

It seems that you agreed to the lawyer being opportunistic, shouldn't that be a reason enough for a mistrial and the accused to be retried?

that's the defendant responsibility to choose a competent layer, bad lawyer is not going to give anyone anywhere in the world new chance of trial.
but I think her conviction is not final (I'm not sure) Iran judiciary system had several appeals opportunity (4 or 5 different courts one after another).
Are the witnesses held in judicial custody while the trial is going on? If not, are they not allowed to be in contact?
this kind of cases are really rare and relative to the circumstances they prepare the suitable measures. Usually the testimony happena in one session so you need to invite them one by one to the hall and separate them before and after the testimony.
So you agree that this woman shouldn't be stoned to death and this case shouldn't have come up in the first place?
I never claimed that. I simply said that Islam do not favor such a thing and predicted all the measures to prevent it but if you insisted on bringing your privacy to the public then there would be your fault. In your privacy you are on your own and your god, do what ever you want.
For judging about this case we need to study the dossier then we could reach to a fair conclusion.

Cos they are rich, influential and can not be pushed around like others.

This woman was helpless, lost her husband and two little kids. She is an ideal candidate to show the women in Iran that mullahs control their fate.

check face book lots of ordinary Iranian without scarf, Are they rich or influential? you can even come to Tehran.
As i informed she killed her husband, isn't she?

Last edited:
check face book then ordinary Iranian without scarf, Are they rich or influential? you can even come to Tehran.
As i informed she killed her husband, isn't she?

Thanks for the invitation, I certainly would love to visit Iran sometime in future.

I think you are missing the point here, it is not just just this one case. Iranian judicial system has been brought into focus by this case, and they have only themselves to blame. Had they not sentenced her to lashing and death by stoning, no one in the world would have heard of Sakineh.

Now the Iranian authorities are in a tough situation, if they carry out sentence they would be condemned world wide, if they let this woman go she probably would narrate her horrors for everyone to know and truth will be out.

Most likely she'd languish in jail for a long time:frown:

Thanks for the invitation, I certainly would love to visit Iran sometime in future.

I think you are missing the point here, it is not just just this one case. Iranian judicial system has been brought into focus by this case, and they have only themselves to blame. Had they not sentenced her to lashing and death by stoning, no one in the world would have heard of Sakineh.

Now the Iranian authorities are in a tough situation, :

You're right but it's not Iran who should be blamed for. they are searching for a simple pretext to put pressure on us. and as much as we try they find or make something for that reason. It looks like a media war.
Do you think Iran is the only country with stoning? or that's the worse humanitarian affair in the world?
they exactly planed to put us in that position. non of them cares for her.

Do you think Iran is the only country with stoning? or that's the worse humanitarian affair in the world?
they exactly planed to put us in that position. non of them cares for her

So if some other country has death by stoning does it make it acceptable?

No one put Iran in the position to sentence a woman to death by stoning......... The mullahs decided it themselves.

You don't seem to understand the reason for outrage here, its not the punishment of a woman part, it is the kind of cruel punishment.

Death by stoning is something expected of Talibans not a country like Iran.

And I agree, no one really cares for Sakineh, poor woman has just become a pawn in this case, but she has become a symbol of opposition to hard-line interpretation of Islamic law, similar to how Neda became a symbol of anti govt movement last year.

So if some other country has death by stoning does it make it acceptable?

No one put Iran in the position to sentence a woman to death by stoning......... The mullahs decided it themselves.

You don't seem to understand the reason for outrage here, its not the punishment of a woman part, it is the kind of cruel punishment.

Death by stoning is something expected of Talibans not a country like Iran.

And I agree, no one really cares for Sakineh, poor woman has just become a pawn in this case, but she has become a symbol of opposition to hard-line interpretation of Islamic law, similar to how Neda became a symbol of anti govt movement last year.

Now I think you missed the point, reread my old posts about stoning, but as I stated before their problem is not stoning their problem is Iran.

'Ashtiani guilty of murder and adultery'
Wed Sep 8, 2010 9:6AM

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast says the death sentence of a woman convicted of adultery and murder has been suspended.

Mehmanparast said that Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani was guilty of murder and adultery. "Defending a person on trial for murder should not be turned into a human rights matter."

He went on to add that if releasing all parties found guilty of murder is to be considered a matter of defending human rights, then European countries can free all incarcerated murderers in the name of human rights.

"The sentencing of Ms. Ashtiani for adultery has been stopped and [her case] is being reviewed again, and her sentencing for complicity in murder is in process."

Mehmanparast urged all concerned parties about Ashtiani's condition to have some consideration for the bereaved relatives of the victim who have lost someone.

Mehmanparast emphasized that even in Western countries, which are not sensitive about family values, take offence at betrayal.

Lashing Allegations

On August 28, The London Times published the photo of a woman without hijab (Islamic head covering) it claimed to be Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani.

A few days later the Times apologized for publishing the photo. Western media claim that the Times' apology was due to Ashtiani allegedly being sentenced to 99 lashes over the picture.

Mehmanparast, however, told Press TV that the claims regarding Ashtiani's sentencing were untrue.

Western Propaganda Campaign

Mehmanparast said certain western countries are using Ashtiani's case to pile up pressure on Iran over its nuclear work.

“They have tried to exploit this case, politicize it and turn it into a political charade,” he told Press TV on Wednesday.

“Our country has been under a lot of political pressure by the US and other Western countries over its nuclear work,” he added, saying that Ashtiani's case is clearly a scenario written by the West to pressure Iran.

PressTV - 'Ashtiani guilty of murder and adultery'

it was actually a Fatwa according to a fatwa issued by Khomeini: all virgin girls facing the death penalty, irrespective of their age should be raped systematically by their killers so that to prevent them from entering the Heaven.

Chowk: Personal: Iran: Life and Death of Women in Islamic Prisons: An Eye Witness Account

Ayatollah Khomeini, Virgin Women Prisoners Must Be Raped Before Execution

Ahmadinejad's Imam: Islam Allows Raping, Torturing Prisoners - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

(IsraelNationalNews.com)
Naaaaaaaaaah.

Sharia law is the law of the 7th century . We are now living in the 21st century . Most of us consider it cruel and barbaric . BTW ,politics and religions shouldn't mix at all . If islam wants to involve into politics , then is it more a political ideology than a religion . So people shoule be free to criticize it it .

Islam is not a religion, it is a political, economical, social, religious law...
If you are a muslim so plz read Quran or I will quote you Quranic verses..

But according to the Sharia ,men can take 4 wives . Is that fair ?

the world has the population of 700 billion people out of which almost 60% are females and 40% are male so 40% males get 40% females then what about remaining 20% of females,, should they start prostituting, or acting like lesbians..

Now I think you missed the point, reread my old posts about stoning, but as I stated before their problem is not stoning their problem is Iran.

:agree: I agree with you

1 woman is raped in USA every 30 seconds and they say we abuse women by using baseless claims and picking out single insignificant events. Iran is targeted most at the moment but as a whole, Muslims have been targeted by media for quite a while.

Eid Mubarak

Last edited:
the world has the population of 700 billion people out of which almost 60% are females and 40% are male so 40% males get 40% females then what about remaining 20% of females,, should they start prostituting, or acting like lesbians..

This is correct.

Almost all countries (except china and india due to infanticide and feticide) have more women than men (due to higher male fertility rates) so if we follow the so called 'ethical' one woman for one man, we have a lot of women left over. What would be the better option for those 'left over' women? Two options: Marry an already married man and gain respect and equal rights as a married woman or go low to do shameful acts which are frowned upon by society?

I hope people who are against more than one marriage understand this. Eid Mubarak all reading

Back
Top Bottom