What's new

Iranian was tired and drowsy??

The Israeli have a point here - Sportsmanship is a ethic by itself - to conflate it with state policies, well, it's just not sportsman like. But Banning Iranian athletes from international events?? No.

let the Iranian concede if he or she chooses or is coerced to, they only bring shame on themselves.
here's the thing
Iran doesn't recognize Israel as a country.
Competing with its athletes would be a sign of recognition. I don't agree with this whole thing (not muslim and don't have a care in the world for the Islamic regime of Iran and the mullahs) but I completely understand their point of view.

Competing with its athletes would be a sign of recognition.

Abil, this is not a good argument, after all, when Iran choose to not compete because they do not recognize Israel, what happens to the athletes of countries that Iran does recognize?

See, I think you are missing the larger point the Israeli is connecting with - It's not sporting, is it? It's not sportsmanship - Sport is above or rather beyond state policies - Sport is about the heart of the athlete not policies of the state.

What a sore looser. Quite literally.:lol:

P.S: Off topic, I think there is a bollywood song that sounds very similar to Israeli National Anthem.

I don`t blame the athlete, he clearly knew what would happen to him after he lost to an Israeli.
Look at people like Abii, every other post he mentions that he isn`t Muslim like that makes him any better... Imagine what he had to go through with actual Israel hating extremist Muslims.
I`m surprised the Muslims here don`t seem to mind Abii`s "i`m not even a Muslim" rant every few other post. Oh well...

here's the thing
Iran doesn't recognize Israel as a country.
Competing with its athletes would be a sign of recognition. I don't agree with this whole thing (not muslim and don't have a care in the world for the Islamic regime of Iran and the mullahs) but I completely understand their point of view.

China doesn't recognize Taiwan, still Chinese athletes compete with athletes from Taiwan. Its sports for god sake, there are many other ways Iran can make its political point, sports should be left alone.

I don`t blame the athlete, he clearly knew what would happen to him after he lost to an Israeli.
Look at people like Abii, every other post he mentions that he isn`t Muslim like that makes him any better... Imagine what he had to go through with actual Israel hating extremist Muslims.
I`m surprised the Muslims here don`t seem to mind Abii`s "i`m not even a Muslim" rant every few other post. Oh well...

Einstein, the only reason I mention it is because you make stupid remarks about how I hate "zionists" and shi t like that. I'm only showing you that my level of care about the Islamic and semitic world is very little. Basically I'm being dragged into a war between muslims and Jews.

China doesn't recognize Taiwan, still Chinese athletes compete with athletes from Taiwan. Its sports for god sake, there are many other ways Iran can make its political point, sports should be left alone.

two ways of dealing with the same issue
as I said, don't agree with it but understand it completely.

Abil, this is not a good argument, after all, when Iran choose to not compete because they do not recognize Israel, what happens to the athletes of countries that Iran does recognize?

See, I think you are missing the larger point the Israeli is connecting with - It's not sporting, is it? It's not sportsmanship - Sport is above or rather beyond state policies - Sport is about the heart of the athlete not policies of the state.

Sports have always been about politics. In a utopian world, where everything is about love and friendship, sports might be about other things, but in our world sports have always been used by different countries for politics.
Olympic Games scandals and controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please, you guys need to fix yourself. how the crap can you compete with someone that you dont recognize ?

Remember Iran is NOT antisemite; Iran is antiZionism. It is very important disctinction to be made. If Iran was antisemite then there would not be any jewish parlimentarians in Iran's parliment. At present there are jewish parlimentarians in Iran parliment.

Israel, very cleverly, projects Iran as antisemite due to political (Zionist) reasons only.

please, you guys need to fix yourself. how the crap can you compete with someone that you dont recognize ?

lol I know eh?
you can't possibly compete with a person that is representing the country or territory that you do not recognize!

You compete with an athlete, not with a country. If an athlete is recognized by a sporting federation that should be good enough.

And fix what:confused:?

You compete with an athlete, not with a country. If an athlete is recognized by a sporting federation that should be good enough.

And fix what:confused:?

an athlet that in this case represents a country.

Back
Top Bottom