What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Its one of the jet powered variants.
C7n5VjnXQAAPXBa

The turbojets exhaust section looks similar to the ones that we saw on the captured nlos type missiles that were intended for yemen.
ERWFDY0WoAAtuss

Heres a very interesting pic that I found,its probably the first appearance [2014] of the drone that would go on,in modified form,to become the airforces Kaman 12 ucav.
808039_950.jpg

Later on the nose would be enlarged and the landing gear modified.
drone_20150923_402_602.jpg

Before finally being modified again with a larger nose,a larger engine and prop,and some extensions to the tail and wingtips.Possibly the tail booms have been modified and strengthened as well.
Kaman_12.png

Its crazy how much bigger the nose has gotten,and I certainly dont think that these modifications have improved its looks any.

Heres one of the small single cylinder powered delta wing mini drones.
807972_235.jpg

These would be ideal drone for swarm type tactics,just imagine a jet powered version using the little amt micro jet engine

fun fact about flying wing. They actually have lower RCS the BIGGER they get. That’s why something as massive as B-2 has such a lower RCS.

188 New drone delivered to IRGC including three new designs, VTOL sepehr, hodhod-3 and CTOL shahab.

Heres a very interesting pic that I found,its probably the first appearance [2014] of the drone that would go on,in modified form,to become the airforces Kaman 12 ucav.
808039_950.jpg

Later on the nose would be enlarged and the landing gear modified.
drone_20150923_402_602.jpg

Before finally being modified again with a larger nose,a larger engine and prop,and some extensions to the tail and wingtips.Possibly the tail booms have been modified and strengthened as well.
Kaman_12.png

Its crazy how much bigger the nose has gotten,and I certainly dont think that these modifications have improved its looks any.
I found some more pics of the mohajem 92 and Kaman 12 forerunners and it now seems pretty obvious that both of these have been very heavily modified ftom the original.
139306111512453023546454.jpg

139306111512438983546454.jpg

We can now clearly see just how much has been modified in the mohajem 92.In addition to the new taller landing gear and larger nose we can also see that the tailbooms have been lengthened as have the vertical tail surfaces,also the angle of the verticals is far less and the winglets on the bottom of the verticals have been cut back to match.It looks like the wings have been lengthened as well.
GjIjxvx.jpg

Kaman-12.jpg

We can see just how far both the nose and tail section have been lengthened,plus the extra reinforcing on the tailbooms,in addition both the vertical and horizontal stabilizers have been lengthened as well.

This is a giant increase in IRGC-N's surveillance capability in the Persian Gulf. Don't forget most of these UAVs have a dual use as "suicide UAVs". Moreover. all these systems greatly increase the number of targets the enemy has to deal with in case of a conflict. Like I have said previously, Persian Gulf is in Iran's pocket and this will be maintained. We now need to work on greatly expanding our access denial area.

Today 188 new drones and four overhauled helicopters were delievered to IRGC Navy.
15 Mohajer-6 UCAVs
13990702000092637364332663417897_84344_PhotoL.jpg

EilzcU9XsAEFMJ3.jpeg.jpg

EilzduDXkAELm4W.jpeg.jpg

EilzcUTWAAAoq2n.jpeg.jpg

13 Ababil-3 UCAVs
Eil0SYUWoAMo4sY.jpeg.jpg

EimESk9XsAIiDiQ.jpeg.jpg

EimESk8XkAAunN0.jpeg.jpg

EimESk4XcAEWlco.jpeg.jpg

Around 70 Ababil-2 suicide UAVs
Eil0SYUWoAMo4sY.jpeg.jpg