What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

The Kaman-12 could be a low cost, long range suicide drone with a radar/radio homing seeker.

The apparently cheap design and large nose diameter hint to something like that, capable to attack even L- or UHF band radars.
At 2000km range hunderts could be send to countries such as Israel in order to degrade their radars in a mass saturation attack at the beginning of a conflict. At 1000km, radius, they can come back home if they don't find targets. The 200kg payload would make a quite effective warhead to kill radars.

Wow this high-tech Iranian-invented UAV is being sold on aliexpress.
Komik-2122mm-Skywalker-Siyah-x-8-FPV-EPO-B-y-k-U-an-Kanat-U.jpg

https://tr.aliexpress.com/item/Komik-2122mm-Skywalker-Siyah-x-8-FPV-EPO-B-y-k-U-an-Kanat-U/32848842951.html?spm=a2g10.search0104.3.42.7e454acemFw0LN&transAbTest=ae803_3&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_433_10618_431_10307_537_536_10902,searchweb201603_54,ppcSwitch_0&algo_pvid=37bf24ef-e5f5-4a41-85e5-a94110480533&algo_expid=37bf24ef-e5f5-4a41-85e5-a94110480533-6
Thats just a body shell kit that they`re selling,nothing more.It doesnt come with anything at all.
You can clearly see the iranian one has been physically modified,its no longer a kit set but a one piece,in addition theres been a fin or keel fitted to the underside at the rear and the elevons have been shortened in length too,the removable section on top of the airframe has also been lengthened as well,and lastly we simply know nothing about the type and quality of the engine,cameras and control systems that have also been added by iran.
The other option of course is that this is a new iranian built airframe thats just based on the the physical design of the Skywalker.

Has anyone seen this engine before?
No,and it doesnt look like a toloue 4 either
fa913-2018-08-27_10-49-03.jpg

:lol:

those 3 small uavs are suicide uavs so the quality was not that important.
I praise you for being able to take a joke like a champ

Produced by a private company... Yes copied from a drone which is available in market !

You missed all the other drones here and focused on this tiny drone !?

So cheap ...
I didnt miss the other drones. If those are genuinely good drones, then good for you guys.

But you see, even if one drone in the list is an aliexpress toy it speaks volumes about the fair and the other drones. The others may not be available on aliexpress but maybe on hobbyking? Maybe on a bit more specialized store? I dont know the contents of all online stores.
The point is, such blunders result in a loss of credibility. And with good reason. I remember that someone on some forum found all the electronics mounted on the mockup of Qaher-313 on amazon and other online stores and calculated the total amount to be dirt cheap (something like 30k for a whole fighter jet).
When people see these things repeatedly they start to assume all Iranian defense products are fakes unless proven otherwise.

Thats just a body shell kit that they`re selling,nothing more.It doesnt come with anything at all.
You can clearly see the iranian one has been physically modified,its no longer a kit set but a one piece,in addition theres been a fin or keel fitted to the underside at the rear and the elevons have been shortened in length too,the removable section on top of the airframe has also been lengthened as well,and lastly we simply know nothing about the type and quality of the engine,cameras and control systems that have also been added by iran.
The other option of course is that this is a new iranian built airframe thats just based on the the physical design of the
I am sure that it is not an off the shelf skywalker X-8. But what I am saying is that you guys are showing off a broomstick in a world of Dyson vacuum cleaners. Who cares if you modified it a little by trimming the edges? A broomstick is still a broomstick.

Last edited:
Who said it's a high tech drone ? They haven't even mention it on the presentation video on presstv or anywhere else. Also, who knows where the Turkish source on aliexpress is getting it from ? Iran ? China ? Who cares ? You must have lots of time on your hands to notice a minor thing like that in the background LOL

Why are you focusing on the most insignificant product of that entire presentation ? I wouldn't talk if I were you since your country got ripped off by israel trying to buy their drones.
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5295266,00.html

and Turkey is currently buying drone engines from Iran
https://en.mehrnews.com/news/133653/Iran-Turkey-sign-5-MoUs-on-sale-of-aviation-industry-products

I dunno maybe you're jealous or have some kind of built up envy ? animosity ? LOL In Farsi your condition is called "Oghdei"

I didnt miss the other drones. If those are genuinely good drones, then good for you guys.

But you see, even if one drone in the list is an aliexpress toy it speaks volumes about the fair and the other drones. The others may not be available on aliexpress but maybe on hobbyking? Maybe on a bit more specialized store? I dont know the contents of all online stores.
The point is, such blunders result in a loss of credibility. And with good reason. I remember that someone on some forum found all the electronics mounted on the mockup of Qaher-313 on amazon and other online stores and calculated the total amount to be dirt cheap (something like 30k for a whole fighter jet).
When people see these things repeatedly they start to assume all Iranian defense products are fakes unless proven otherwise.

I am sure that it is not an off the shelf skywalker X-8. But what I am saying is that you guys are showing off a broomstick in a world of Dyson vacuum cleaners. Who cares if you modified it a little by trimming the edges? A broomstick is still a broomstick.

Last edited:
The Kaman-12 could be a low cost, long range suicide drone with a radar/radio homing seeker.

The apparently cheap design and large nose diameter hint to something like that, capable to attack even L- or UHF band radars.
At 2000km range hunderts could be send to countries such as Israel in order to degrade their radars in a mass saturation attack at the beginning of a conflict. At 1000km, radius, they can come back home if they don't find targets. The 200kg payload would make a quite effective warhead to kill radars.

Instead of doing that which seems highly implausible given the fact that Iran won’t be build ANY UAV in the high hundreds or low thousands (000s). Instead Iran should focus on creating EM burst using its BMs in an air burst role which would destroy electronics in a certain radius.

Is there anyway to create an EM burst WITHOUT detonating a nuclear blast in the atmosphere using just conventional means?

I would like to see Iran develop a unique flying wing design.

The RQ-170 platform is a great start. But just making mini RQ-170’s or prop version of RQ-170 is not enough.

RQ-170 was not THE most advanced UAV since it was developed with the mind it could crash and tech could be transferred to a hostile nation like Iran or Pakistan or eventually Russia/China. Nonetheless it was an advanced UAV for its time. But that was nearly a decade ago.

RQ-180 likely entered deployment in 2016, rumors are it can fly 24 hours straight as high as 58,000 feet. It’s made to conduct EW and other measure in enemy airspace.

Rq-180_AVWEEK.jpg

Eventually Iran will need to move on to a more advanced version of RQ-170. Maybe something along the lines of large unmanned bomber, or else it will confirm that all Iran can do is just reverse engineer the big 3’s designs (US, Russia, China).

To date the largest uniquely Iranian weapon we have made is Sejil Missile and eventually Bavar-373. Everything else is mostly just reverse engineers.

I would like to see Iran develop a unique flying wing design.

The RQ-170 platform is a great start. But just making mini RQ-170’s or prop version of RQ-170 is not enough.

RQ-170 was not THE most advanced UAV since it was developed with the mind it could crash and tech could be transferred to a hostile nation like Iran or Pakistan or eventually Russia/China. Nonetheless it was an advanced UAV for its time. But that was nearly a decade ago.
RQ170 was their most advanced tech, it was built and operated with the mindset that it's so reliable that it would never fall into enemy hands.

RQ180 was developed with the confidence that Iran has compromised every possible flow in RQ170, whether it's hardware or software (for future hack).

as defense minister has stated several times, reverse engineering is over.

hmm, as a man who follow defense news closely, I didn't remember anything about this news. Turkey is not seeking any UAV engine from abroad. It is useless to put a foreign engine into your own UAV , you cant export it without permission. All Turkish UAVs is using Turkish engines anymore, and future UAVs will use Turkish engines too.

I cant tell anything about bolts and nuts, those may be true since there is no willing to manufacture bolts in Turkey.

Actually its a cheap short ranged recon drone in an exhibition of drones running the gamut from this type right up to male class and 5th gen ucavs.It might have escaped your attention but a great deal of irans weapons developments are based on extensively reverse/reengineering and improving other peoples basic weapons designs and technologies,case in point irans missile forces,would you point to the qiam that was on display and say "ahh,thats obviously just an old scud thats had its edges trimmed"?,well if you did you`d look pretty damn stupid.The simple fact is that people are gonna hate and downplay irans achievements no matter what iran does,so really who gives a damn what they think.
Maybe next time you see something like this you should really take the extra time to look at all of the differences,rather than just the apparent superficial similarities.

New drone unveiled by IRAF.
Old T33 airframe has been converted to a drone, also it's J33 engine has been replaced with a more powerful J85 turbojet engine.
It uses Fly by wire technology.
13971111114224933164988010.jpg

13971111114022901164987810.jpg

13971111114137620164987910.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom