What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Screenshot_20231005_234202_com_mxtech_videoplayer_ad~01.jpg

Why it need to dump the missile? Do you think missile will explode in this case?
its not the case of karrar
karrar carry the missile under the belly and has no wheel or skid so it will be retrieved with parachute , if the missile is not jettisoned before retrieving attempt , i don't want to be in the area
Karrar-drone-EN.jpg

Karrar_UAV6.png

iranian-karrar-uav-with-anti-aircraft-missile-from-majid-ad-v0-6cedjana5esb1.jpg

Last edited:
If they had these drones, then Damonia could easily be hit.
Dimona is very well protected, only 70km from Gaza (i.e. well within range of smaller drones and rockets) and the reactor is allegedly underground, so small drones and rockets will not be sufficient.

Multiple direct impacts by HE 1500kg warheads of Khorramshahr-4 travelling at mach 10+ would be a different story.

its not the case of karrar
karrar carry the missile under the belly and has no wheel or skid so it will be retrieved with parachute , if the missile is not jettisoned before retrieving attempt , i don't want to be in the area
Karrar-drone-EN.jpg

Karrar_UAV6.png

iranian-karrar-uav-with-anti-aircraft-missile-from-majid-ad-v0-6cedjana5esb1.jpg
I assumed Iran would have put some sort of radar in the nose by now but I couldn't find anything about it.

Anybody have the sensor specs of this thing?

I assumed Iran would have put some sort of radar in the nose by now but I couldn't find anything about it.

Anybody have the sensor specs of this thing?
Nothing known about the radar in the nose, but their are speculations I saw about a Russian made radar that could be placed inside there which fits perfectly into the diameter of the Karrar.

Nothing known about the radar in the nose, but their are speculations I saw about a Russian made radar that could be placed inside there which fits perfectly into the diameter of the Karrar.
That's disappointing, what radar that might be? and any electro optics? What's the resolution on those?

That's disappointing, what radar that might be? and any electro optics? What's the resolution on those?
Im just speculating here that Russia does have a radar that can fit. I will look for the infographic if I can find it (of the product). But it could be Iranian in there.

I know theirs also Karrar versions with EO in the nose cone, but no specifications are known about it. Probably confidential

Im just speculating here that Russia does have a radar that can fit. I will look for the infographic if I can find it (of the product). But it could be Iranian in there.

I know theirs also Karrar versions with EO in the nose cone, but no specifications are known about it. Probably confidential
okay, but do you at least know what the power generation of that engine is? at least from that we could speculate what kind of radar it could power.

I mean they put an AAM on it, there has to be a way to search for targets.

okay, but do you at least know what the power generation of that engine is? at least from that we could speculate what kind of radar it could power.

That drone come with air to air and air to ground missiles. My guess it's not a radar but an infrared seeker or perhaps E/O seeker but my bet is on infrared
1696826335016.png

That drone come with tolue-4 or tolue-5 they give you around 4kn of thrust

That drone come with air to air and air to ground missiles. My guess it's not a radar but an infrared seeker or perhaps E/O seeker but my bet is on infrared

That drone come with tolue-4 or tolue-5 they give you around 4kn of thrust

My guess is the same, a radar this size would be pretty weak, and I wasn't talking about the thrust of the engine, I was asking about the electrical power generation. I suspect it would be insufficient for a functional radar too.

There has to be an IR camera somewhere but we don't see it

Is it flying according to the ground radars? Is it seeing through the missile's IIR seeker? that has to be a pretty pathetic resolution.

Back
Top Bottom